Ursula von der Leyen
Ursula Gertrud von der Leyen ( October 8, 1958 in Ixelles / Elsene , Belgium ) is a German politician ( CDU ). She has been President of the European Commission since December 1, 2019 . It was elected by the European Parliament on July 16, 2019 on a proposal from the European Council .; born Albrecht ; born
Previously, von der Leyen from 2003 to 2005 Lower Saxony's Minister for Social Affairs, Women, Family and Health , 2005-2009 Federal Minister for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth , 2009-2013 Federal Minister for Labor and Social Affairs and from 2013 to 2019 Federal Minister of Defense . From November 2010 to November 2019 she was also Deputy Federal Chairwoman of the CDU .
Ursula von der Leyen comes from the family Albrecht and grew to 1971 in Brussels , then in the south-east of Hannover located Ilten on. She is the daughter of the former Prime Minister of Lower Saxony Ernst Albrecht (1930–2014) and his wife Heidi Adele born. Stromeyer (1927-2002). Ernst Albrecht worked for the EC until 1971 , most recently as Director General. During this time Ursula von der Leyen attended the European School in Uccle .
The conductor George Alexander Albrecht is her uncle.
Ursula von der Leyen has five brothers, including Hans-Holger Albrecht , head of the music streaming service Deezer , and Donatus Albrecht , former board member of the Munich-based subsidiary Aurelius . She was nicknamed Röschen by her older brothers because of the desire to have a little sister named Rosa . The nickname was retained even during active political times. When they lived in Brussels, their little sister Benita-Eva died of cancer at the age of eleven and she remembered "the enormous helplessness of my parents" in view of the cancer, which she cited as one of her motivations in 2019 that her EU Commission " to take the lead in the fight against cancer ”.
Von der Leyen has been married to the medicine professor and entrepreneur Heiko von der Leyen since 1986 . The couple have seven children (born between 1987 and 1999). The family has lived in Burgdorf-Beinhorn ( Hanover region ) since 2007 on the property of their father, who died in December 2014.
Her American great-grandmother Mary Ladson Robertson (1883-1960) from Charleston was a descendant of the politician James Ladson and the plantation owner James H. Ladson ; Von der Leyen lived briefly in 1978 under the pseudonym Rose Ladson.
She is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church .
education and profession
After the Abitur at the Gymnasium Lehrte she studied from 1976 to 1977 Archeology . In 1977 she switched to economics at the Universities of Göttingen and Münster . In 1978 von der Leyen attended the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). In 1980, she took a medical degree at the Hannover Medical School in (MHH), which they in 1987 with the State Examination and its approval as a doctor completed. She then worked as an assistant doctor at the women's clinic at MHH. In 1991 she became Dr. med. PhD.
After the birth of twins in 1994, when she was already the mother of three children, she did not continue her specialist training. She lived with her family in California from 1992 to 1996 when her husband was employed at Stanford University . After returning to Germany, she worked from 1998 to 2002 as a research assistant with Friedrich Wilhelm Schwartz in the department for epidemiology , social medicine and health system research at the Medical University of Hanover, where she graduated with a Master of Public Health (MPH) in 2001 .
Ursula von der Leyen has been a member of the CDU since 1990. From 1996 to 1997 she was a member of the state committee for social policy of the CDU Lower Saxony, then also a member of the doctors working group of the CDU Lower Saxony . At the CDU federal party conference in Düsseldorf in December 2004, after the surprising defeat of Hermann-Josef Arentz , she was elected to the CDU Presidium in the first ballot , to which she has been a member since then. Since November 2010 she has acted as deputy federal chairwoman of the CDU. Since 2014, it has received the lowest number of votes of all Deputy Federal Chairs with 70.5% (2014), 72.4% (2016) and 57.47% (2018). After her election as EU Commission President, von der Leyen announced in July 2019 that she would rest her party office with immediate effect and not run again at the next CDU party conference.
Beginnings in local and state politics (2001 to 2005)
From 2001 to 2004 Ursula von der Leyen was a member of the city council of Sehnde and was also chairwoman of the CDU parliamentary group . In addition, she was a member of the regional assembly of the Hanover Region and chaired the Health and Hospitals Committee.
In 2003, Ursula von der Leyen won in the regional elections , the direct mandate in parliament constituency Taught for the parliament of Lower Saxony . On March 4, 2003, she took up her post as Minister for Social Affairs, Women, Family and Health in the Lower Saxony state government led by Prime Minister Christian Wulff . Because she joined the federal government, she gave up her state parliament mandate in December 2005. On January 1, 2005, Ursula von der Leyen pushed through despite massive protests that Lower Saxony was the first German federal state to abolish the state blindness allowance. In 2007 it was reintroduced by her successor Mechthild Ross-Luttmann (CDU), albeit greatly reduced.
In the Bundestag elections in 2009 , 2013 and 2017 Ursula von der Leyen ran in the Bundestag constituency of the City of Hanover II , but was always defeated by her rivals from the SPD. Von der Leyen entered the German Bundestag via the Lower Saxony state list . After her election as EU Commission President, she resigned her mandate on July 31, 2019, and Ingrid Pahlmann replaced her in the Bundestag.
Minister in the Federal Government (2005 to 2019)
Family Minister (2005 to 2009)
On 17 August 2005, she was from Angela Merkel for parliamentary elections in 2005 in the team of experts of the CDU / CSU called for the areas of family and health. On November 22, 2005 Ursula von der Leyen was sworn in as Federal Minister for Family, Seniors, Women and Youth in the Federal Government , the Merkel I cabinet, led by Chancellor Angela Merkel .
Minister of Labor (2009 to 2013)
Defense Minister (2013 to 2019)
On December 17, 2013, Ursula von der Leyen , in the grand coalition of CDU / CSU and SPD , was the first woman to take over the office of defense minister. On March 14, 2018, she was reappointed Federal Minister of Defense by Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier in the renewed coalition of CDU, CSU and SPD in the Merkel IV cabinet .
After her election as EU Commission President, Ursula von der Leyen left office as Federal Defense Minister on July 17, 2019. At the same time, Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer (CDU) was appointed her successor. The day before, von der Leyen had already announced in a daily order to all members of the Bundeswehr that they would resign regardless of the outcome of their election as head of the Commission so that they could "put themselves at the service of Europe with full strength".
Election as President of the European Commission (2019)
After the European Council of Heads of State and Government not on one of the European elections in 2019 be beaten top candidate as the Commission may have had some, was nominated by the Leyen on 2 July 2019, the Panel unanimously for this office. Only the German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who proposed von der Leyen, abstained because of the rejection by the coalition partner SPD.
In the election on July 16, 2019, von der Leyen received an absolute majority of 383 votes in the European Parliament , nine votes more than the necessary majority of 374 of the 747 MEPs. In addition to the EPP , the Liberals and the Social Democrats in the EU Parliament had mostly spoken out in favor of von der Leyens elections, while the German SPD MPs in the parliamentary group rejected it because von der Leyen was not a top candidate in the 2019 European elections. However, the nomination in Germany met with fierce criticism and rejection across all parties , not only the Social Democrats voted against von der Leyen, but also the Left , Greens , AfD , Free Voters , The Party , the Animal Welfare Party , ÖDP , Volt Europa and Piraten . At least clear criticism came from the CSU and FDP.
Your term of office should actually start on November 1, 2019. The start of the new EU Commission under Ursula von der Leyen, planned for November 1st, has been postponed. The top of the EU Parliament officially suspended the previous schedule on October 16, 2019. The background to this is the failure of three commissioners-designate in the nomination process.
Under her leadership as Family Minister, the 14-month income-related parental allowance was introduced in Germany on January 1, 2007 as a wage replacement benefit and the 24-month social child- raising allowance with an upper income limit was abolished. Social associations and trade unions saw low wage earners and the unemployed as losers from the new regulation. Conservatives in the CDU / CSU criticized the measures as a state intervention in private life, the MP Ramsauer spoke of a "wrap volunteer".
Die Welt criticized the fact that the parental allowance was not having the desired success and that it was ultimately a tax burden on the middle class. It disadvantages large families and traditional marriages as well as socially disadvantaged families. The goal is not at all to promote the family, since the wishes of women and couples are not taken into account, but an equality policy that is based on the economically functional ideal of marriage of full-time double earners.
The type of political influence exerted on public opinion was also criticized. On behalf of the ministry, the Schlenker Public Relations agency produced media reports on the subject of parental allowance, which many media then took over editorially. The costs for this were paid from tax revenues.
Expansion of the crèche places
In February 2007, von der Leyen sparked controversial debates on the family model due to a number of family policy initiatives, such as the demand for a massive expansion of crèche places . In terms of content, three models were discussed or their mixed forms and their advantages and disadvantages:
- Money for the expansion of crèche places and promotion of these,
- Childcare vouchers or
- Direct payments.
Ursula von der Leyen was especially strong for the first point, but wanted, in accordance with the coalition agreement , to try to find some form of childcare allowance - however, it must be ensured that the money is really invested in early childhood education and care and not " in the parents' new flat screens. This enabled a new discussion about care vouchers, but turned against an unconditional care allowance for housewives and men, as the CSU had demanded.
SPD , Die Linke and Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen supported von der Leyen's plans. The CDU Presidium under the leadership of Chancellor Angela Merkel gave von der Leyen backing for the expansion of the day nursery offers; She also received support from the Federal President and politicians from opposition parties and business representatives.
Von der Leyen's demands received approval from several high-ranking Protestant and Catholic church representatives, for example from the Archbishop of Berlin, Cardinal Sterzinsky , or from Bishop Margot Käßmann from the Evangelical Church in Germany .
However, von der Leyen was initially criticized by some party friends. The Thuringian CDU General Secretary Mike Mohring and the CSU regional group leader in the Bundestag, Peter Ramsauer , accused von der Leyen of moving the Union away from the traditional family model and alienating previous voters. According to Ursula von der Leyen, however, 65 percent of the population supported the expansion of the crèche.
Von der Leyen's plans to expand the crèche places were temporarily stopped on March 5, 2007 by the coalition committee of the CDU and SPD. An agreement was reached on the number of 230,000 childcare places by 2010, which was already provided for in the coalition agreement.
In 2007 von der Leyen received the Golden Hen Media Prize in the Politics category because she “set strong accents in family politics with her commitment to a modern image of women and mothers”: Overcoming resistance in your own ranks. She courageously countered the accusation that with her commitment to working mothers she would campaign for an image of women based on the socialist model. As a result, she gave the women in the new federal states a voice and made a contribution to the growing together of East and West in Germany, ”said the jury's reasoning.
Marriage for everyone
Von der Leyen was one of the 75 members of the Union who voted in the Bundestag at the end of June 2017 together with the SPD, the Greens and the Left for the so-called “ marriage for all ”.
Enforcement of the Youth Protection Act
Von der Leyen caused a dispute in October 2007 with her announcement that she would use underage test buyers to uncover violations of the Youth Protection Act .
Their efforts to consistently enforce compliance with the Youth Protection Act (here: sales bans for tobacco products , alcoholic beverages and violent computer games ) were often recognized . However, the use of underage test buyers was viewed morally and legally as an unsuitable means: According to the German Child Protection Association, the human dignity of children is violated because they are supposed to induce dealers to commit criminal acts. On the other hand, it is common practice in municipalities to use children as test buyers.
Contract to filter child pornography
In 2009, von der Leyens in particular controversial attempts to block websites with child pornographic content were the subject of public discourse. On their initiative, the major Internet service providers committed themselves in secret public law contracts with the federal government to filter websites with child pornographic content on the basis of secret blacklists that are to be created by the Federal Criminal Police Office and updated daily. Only later were these contracts to be given legal legitimacy by the Access Restriction Act .
The von der Leyens initiative met with massive criticism from lawyers, the IT specialist press, a large number of IT trade associations, civil rights activists, victims of abuse, victim protection organizations and the opposition and became known as the “censorship debate”. Critics saw in the law an ineffective measure against child pornography, which would benefit perpetrators rather than harm, but at the same time could massively restrict fundamental rights. The infrastructure set up for the blocking can be used for further censorship measures without any problems , since it enables unpleasant content to be checked and "real-time monitoring" is implemented. An e-petition before the petitions committee of the German Bundestag against the introduction of a blocking infrastructure was signed by more than 130,000 citizens, more than any other e-petition before.
In the course of the public debate, von der Leyen was repeatedly accused of using “fantasy numbers and unclean interpretations” and “lies”. The allegations related, among other things, to the number of cases that were regularly mentioned but incorrect, to the allegation of the existence of a “child porn industry” and to the allegedly inadequate legal situation in other countries, which would make it impossible to delete child pornographic material.
In the discussion about the expansion of the Internet blocking, von der Leyen stated that her measures against sites with child pornography concern a clearly definable criminal offense. One must, however, “continue discussions about how we can maintain the right degree of freedom of expression, democracy and human dignity on the Internet. Otherwise the great internet threatens to become a lawless chaos space in which one can bully, insult and cheat unrestrainedly. "
In the election campaign for the 2009 Bundestag election , von der Leyen was accused by journalists and the Association of the German Internet Industry for using the law for profiling, deliberately ignoring possible problems in its implementation and abusing the law for election campaign purposes. At a press conference in which von der Leyen promoted her political project, the press representatives present were shown child pornographic material. As a result, complaints were filed several times, but the proceedings were discontinued.
In October 2009 von der Leyen presented the negative Big Brother Award in the Politics category.
In February 2010, the federal government distanced itself from the proposed law. Federal President Horst Köhler had refused to sign the law up to this point. On April 5, 2011, the federal government finally decided to repeal the Access Barrier Act.
Unemployment benefit II
On January 10, 2010, von der Leyen stated in an interview with Bild that, as part of the reform of the job center , she would work to ensure that the sanctions associated with ALG II are applied everywhere in the future. So far, this has worked “well in some municipalities, not in others”.
As a reaction to the ruling by the Federal Constitutional Court , according to which the costs for education and participation of children from families of ALG II recipients are not adequately taken into account and the calculation of all benefits must be generally comprehensible, von der Leyen also spoke in August 2010 for one “Education card” for ALG II recipients and planned to introduce this in 2011.
Field operations of the Bundeswehr
After a long period of reflection, in July 2014 von der Leyen publicly advocated the procurement of armed drones for the Bundeswehr . The “drone question” had also been postponed by the former black and yellow federal government because of the affair surrounding the Euro Hawk reconnaissance drone .
Von der Leyen pledged military support to Mali in the fight against Islamists. Von der Leyen also spoke out in favor of Iraqi troops receiving German war material for their fight against the terrorist group Islamic State IS. The day after the German government ( Merkel III's cabinet ) refused to deliver war goods to the Kurdish fighters in northern Iraq, von der Leyen said on August 12, 2014 that the Ministry of Defense was intensively examining the Iraqi army and thus the Kurds as soon as possible possible to support with German military material. However, she initially ruled out the delivery of deadly weapons. As an example, she cited the delivery of armored vehicles from the armed forces, mine detectors, helmets, protective vests and medical supplies.
At the end of June 2016, with the approval of the Turkish government, she visited the Bundeswehr soldiers stationed at Incirlik Air Base after members of the German Bundestag were refused to do so.
Procurement measures by the Bundeswehr
During her entire term of office, von der Leyen had to struggle with the problems of inadequate availability of military resources for which her predecessors were responsible.
During von der Leyen's years in office, the defense budget rose by around a third, from 32 billion initially to around 43 billion euros. Compared to Guttenberg (CSU) or de Maizière (CDU) terms in office, more than 12 billion euros more were invested in vehicles, weapons and ammunition. Together with the newly appointed Secretary of State for Arms, the former McKinsey Director Katrin Suder , von der Leyen began the largest procurement of armaments projects since the end of the Cold War. The President of the Taxpayers' Association spoke of an "army of expensive business consultants" who had been used for this purpose. On February 13, 2020, Ursula von der Leyen declared in the investigative committee of the German Bundestag that the consultation for digitization was necessary and stated that there had been errors in the award of the contract.
Because of the massive award of consultancy contracts in the Federal Ministry of Defense, which was criticized by the Federal Audit Office, without observing public procurement law , the committee of inquiry into the consultancy affair was set up on January 30, 2019 . A criminal complaint was filed on September 30, 2018 against von der Leyen by an “insider from the area around her house”.
At the beginning of May 2017 she received the negative Big Brother Award for the second time , together with the Bundeswehr in the authorities category . The main reason was “the massive digital upgrade of the Bundeswehr with the new ' Cyber and Information Room Command ' (KdoCIR)”. In his laudation, Rolf Gössner ( International League for Human Rights ) explained the jury's criticism:
“With this digital upgrade - in addition to land, air, water and space - a fifth battlefield, the so-called 'battlefield of the future', is opened and cyberspace - one could also say: the Internet - is declared a potential war zone. With the ability of the Bundeswehr to engage in cyber warfare , the Federal Republic is participating in the global arms race in cyberspace - largely without parliamentary participation, without democratic control, and without a legal basis. "
Inner leadership of the Bundeswehr
Ursula von der Leyen criticized in 2017 shortly after the start of the terrorist investigations against Bundeswehr soldiers from 2017 in view of inadequate control and supervisory mechanisms "incorrectly understood corps spirit " and said: "The Bundeswehr has an attitude problem, and it obviously has weak leadership at various levels." of Wehrmachts - devotional items also in the Fürstenberg barracks in Donaueschingen , the Inspector General of the Bundeswehr , Volker Wieker , ordered the corresponding examination of all Bundeswehr barracks in May 2017 . Pictures with Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord , who was part of the military resistance against Adolf Hitler , and ex-Chancellor Helmut Schmidt also disappeared from the walls because they were wearing Wehrmacht uniforms in the pictures.
In summer 2019, the FAZ drew the following conclusions from the effect of von der Leyens in the Ministry of Defense:
“Ursula von der Leyen was a controversial defense minister from the start. A woman, unserved, oh dear. In some rooms the bawling began immediately, of course behind closed doors. TV generals like the former Inspector General Harald Kujat , who shot at von der Leyen from a safe high position , soon became brutal. The reason: The minister dared to assume that run-down barracks, stale rooms and the barras tone of the early 1970s would hardly make the Bundeswehr more attractive in the competition for qualified young people, including women. "
Environment and climate protection
As President of the EU Commission, Von der Leyen stands for an environmental policy against climate change. With the European Green Deal , she wants to focus on climate protection and make the European Union climate neutral by 2050. Shortly after taking office as President of the European Commission in 2019, she presented climate targets, according to which greenhouse gas emissions in the European Union should be reduced by 55% by 2030 compared to 1990 levels and full CO 2 neutrality should be achieved by 2050 ; at the same time, she presented the idea of a CO 2 border adjustment that corresponds to a climate tariff .
Plagiarism in the dissertation
In 2015, the VroniPlag Wiki project documented that parts of Leyens dissertation from 1990 were plagiarized . On 27 out of 62 pages there are text transfers that are not marked as such, which corresponds to a share of 43.5 percent of all pages. Three pages would contain 50 to 75 percent foreign takeovers and five pages would contain more than 75 percent plagiarism text. At the end of August 2015, von der Leyen asked the Hannover Medical School (MHH) through a "neutral ombudsman" to review their dissertation, which then initiated a formal investigation after a preliminary examination.
The Senate decided on March 9, 2016 that von der Leyen could keep her degree because it was a less serious case. The university investigation commission found that 20% of the work was flawed and that it contained plagiarism, but that “serious errors” could only be proven in three places. Christopher Baum , the president of the university, stated: “No deficiencies were found in the central results section of the dissertation. […] The results of the dissertation were scientifically new, valid and of practical relevance. ”In particular, there was“ no misconduct based on the intention of deception ”. The decision was criticized in numerous leading media. According to Spiegel Online, unnamed critics questioned the impartiality of the commission, as von der Leyen knew the chairman of the commission from the university's alumni association. The Tagesspiegel quoted Gerhard Dannemann, law professor at Humboldt University, according to which it is contrary to current law to deny a systematic approach on 62 pages for 32 identified plagiarisms and to split off a “scientific core” of the work from the plagiarism. According to Spiegel Online, he criticized the fact that von der Leyen's medical work was particularly dangerous because it contained 23 misreferences for which the sources cited did not even substantiate the content cited. The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung criticized the fact that the commission did not have to disclose its sources. The Neue Zürcher Zeitung commented that the low standard of the dissertations had led to "the European Research Council receiving the German" Dr. med. " not recognized as a full doctorate. " According to Stern, the medical professor Ursula Gresser criticized the quality of the dissertation in individual points and worked out appropriate recommendations for her doctoral students based on the "negative example".
Von der Leyen herself stated about the results of the investigation that parts of her work did not meet the demands that she made of herself.
Consultant affair in the Bundeswehr
Since 2019, an investigative committee has been investigating possible illegal contracts to external advisors to the Bundeswehr by von der Leyen. According to reports from the Süddeutsche Zeitung, cell phone data relevant to the investigation were deleted, files blacked out inadmissibly and files destroyed. Text messages were removed from both cell phones used by the minister at the time. For example, an IT clerk at the ministerial office carried out a "security deletion" on one of the two mobile phones, after which it was finally disposed of. Green security expert Tobias Lindner filed a criminal complaint against this data deletion in December 2019.
According to a report on the n-tv internet portal , Ursula von der Leyen took a Syrian refugee into her home in autumn 2014. She helped him find an apprenticeship and supported him in integrating into everyday life in Germany. According to this report, the Syrian is now passing on the aid he has received to other refugees.
Together with her parents and siblings, she recorded a single record with two folk songs for charity in 1978 , one of which was Wohlauf in God's beautiful world .
Ursula von der Leyen is a passionate rider and opened the European Equestrian Championships in Aachen in 2015 .
Ursula von der Leyen is a member of the non-partisan European Union Germany , which advocates a federal Europe and the European unification process.
- Cabinet Wulff I : Lower Saxony Minister for Social Affairs, Women, Family and Health (2003-2005)
- Merkel I : Federal Minister for Family, Seniors, Women and Youth (2005–2009)
- Merkel II : Federal Minister for Labor and Social Affairs (2009-2013)
- Merkel III : Federal Minister of Defense (2013-2018)
- Merkel IV : Federal Minister of Defense (2018-2019)
- Von der Leyen : EU Commission President (since 2019)
- C-reactive protein as a diagnostic parameter for the detection of an amniotic infection syndrome in the event of premature rupture of the bladder and therapeutic relaxation bath in preparation for birth . Hannover Medical School, Hannover 1990 (dissertation).
- Editor: Be there for one another, act with one another. Why the generations need each other . Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau a. a. 2007, ISBN 978-3-451-05874-5 .
- with Maria von Welser : We have to change our country for women. C. Bertelsmann, Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-570-00959-8 .
- Editor with Liz Mohn : Family wins. Bertelsmann Foundation, Gütersloh 2007, ISBN 978-3-89204-927-2 .
- Editor with Vladimír Špidla : Learn from one another - act with one another. Tasks and perspectives of the European Alliance for Families . Nomos, Baden-Baden 2009, ISBN 978-3-8329-3650-1 .
- Anne Weber-Ploemacher: Ursula von der Leyen. In: Tigo Zeyen, Anne Weber-Ploemacher (eds.), Joachim Giesel (photos): 100 Hanoverian heads. Niemeyer, Hameln 2006, ISBN 3-8271-9251-X , pp. 120f.
- Peter Dausend, Elisabeth Niejahr: Operation Röschen: The von der Leyen system . Campus Verlag, Frankfurt am Main 2015, ISBN 978-3-593-50224-3 .
- Sönke Neitzel : Removal from the troops. Why Ursula von der Leyen never understood the Bundeswehr. In: FAS No. 34, August 27, 2017, p. 44.
- Literature by and about Ursula von der Leyen in the catalog of the German National Library
- Ursula von der Leyen. In: FemBio. Women's biography research (with references and citations).
- Personal website of Ursula von der Leyen
- CV on the website of the Federal Government
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- CV at the CDU / CSU parliamentary group
- The super mother's power daughter , portrait by Heike Haarhoff in the taz , March 3, 2003
- Ursula von der Leyen: A steep career , portrait of Antje Schmelcher in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung , April 16, 2007 (Part 2: Ursula von der Leyen's career “A network of intrigues” )
- Peter Dausend: The Von der Leyen system. politik-kommunikation.de, November 1, 2017, accessed on November 1, 2017 (background report on your political style and your confidants).
- Ursula von der Leyen on parliamentwatch.de
- personal website , "Chronology" and "The future begins at home", accessed on June 12, 2018.
- About Us - Biographies , Deezer website, accessed February 26, 2018.
- Aurelius Board of Directors ( Memento from September 3, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- Operation Röschen Die Zeit
- The rose goes to the defense of Cicero
- Peter Dausend, Elisabeth Niejahr: Operation Röschen: The system of the Leyen. Campus Verlag, 2015, ISBN 978-3-593-50224-3 .
- Thorsten Maybaum: EU Commission Von der Leyen declares war on cancer , Deutsches Ärzteblatt 2019, Volume 116, Issue 49 of December 6, 2019, page A2277, link accessed on December 15, 2019, 6:40 p.m. CEST
- German Gender Book , Vol. 187, p. 43.
- Register of the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of South Carolina, p. 35, The Society, 1945.
- "Lived more than studied" , Die Zeit, June 20, 2016.
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- bibliographic record of the dissertation , catalog of the German National Library , accessed on August 3, 2013.
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- Dr. Ursula von der Leyen , accessed on June 2, 2019 from cdu.de.
- Bad result for von der Leyen , Spiegel Online, December 7, 2018.
- Merkel's heirs , Philipp Wittrock, Spiegel Online, December 6, 2016.
- Background: The new CDU Presidium , General-Anzeiger , December 9, 2014.
- Von der Leyen wants to withdraw from the CDU party leadership , accessed on July 18, 2019 on spiegel.de
- Uwe Boysen: The battle for blind money - a never-ending story with different outcomes. ( Memento from September 27, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) dvbs-online.de. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- Retired MPs in the 19th electoral term. In: bundestag.de . Retrieved August 2, 2019 .
- young. Koehler appoints von der Leyen and Koehler. N24. November 30, 2009. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- Johannes Leithäuser: Defense Minister von der Leyen. Big footsteps, big tasks. FAZ.net. December 16, 2013, accessed November 22, 2015.
- The new cabinet at a glance , spiegel.de, accessed on March 14, 2018.
- Von der Leyen announces his resignation , accessed on July 15, 2019 at tagesschau.de
- Juncker successor: Von der Leyen is to become head of the EU Commission , accessed on June 2, 2019.
- EU Commission: SPD rejects the Leyens nomination , accessed on July 2, 2019 on spiegel.de
- Die Zeit : EU nomination: Ursula von der Leyen solicits support in the European Parliament , July 3, 2019.
- GroKo argues about SPD-No to von der Leyen In: Spiegel online, July 17, 2019.
- Formally, von der Leyen has to face another election in parliament, in which the commission as a whole has to be approved (cf. Art. 17 TEU, para. 7).
- Berliner Zeitung EU Commission: Von der Leyen may not start on November 1st from October 16, 2019.
- Christoph Butterwegge: Crisis and future of the welfare state . Springer-Verlag, 2011, ISBN 978-3-531-93310-8 , pp. 263- ( google.com ).
- Christoph Egle, Reimut Zohlnhöfer: The second grand coalition: A balance sheet of the Merkel government 2005-2009 . Springer-Verlag, 2010, ISBN 978-3-531-92434-2 , pp. 370- ( google.com ).
- Away with the parental allowance. In: welt.de . May 17, 2011, accessed February 5, 2016 .
- Parental allowance makes many families poorer. In: welt.de . December 15, 2007, accessed February 5, 2016 .
- Monika Anthes: Camouflaged advertising. The questionable PR campaigns of the federal government. Report Mainz . August 28, 2007. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- Felix Berth: "I am tired of constantly digging the old trenches" . ( Memento from May 16, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) In: Süddeutsche Zeitung . February 8, 2007, p. 6 (interview).
- FAZ : Childcare: crèches, vouchers or money
- Dietmar Neuerer: Von der Leyen dusted off the Union . In: FOCUS-Online. December 24, 2007.
- Stoiber calls for more money for housemothers , Welt online, April 21, 2007.
- Follow words with deeds . ( Memento of January 8, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) SPD .de, February 22, 2007.
- Mixa isfamilies and unrealistic . ( Memento of January 11, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Left-wing parliamentary group , February 23, 2007.
- FTD : Thuringian Prime Minister Althaus stands behind von der Leyen ( memento of September 29, 2007 in the Internet Archive ), February 16, 2007.
- Köhler is “grateful to Frau von der Leyen” ( memento of March 10, 2012 in the Internet Archive ). Netzeitung . February 28, 2007. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- Churches support von der Leyen . ( Memento of December 10, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Evangelical Press Service , February 20, 2007.
- Churches support von der Leyen ( Memento of December 10, 2008 in the Internet Archive )
- N-tv : Kitchen instead of career - CSU fights for women , February 15, 2007.
- "Children are not just a private matter" . In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung . April 22, 2009, accessed April 24, 2014 (interview).
- Coalition Committee: Union questions the expansion of crèche places , Die Welt , March 6, 2007.
- Golden hen for Ursula von der Leyen . In: Der Tagesspiegel Online . September 18, 2007, ISSN 1865-2263 ( tagesspiegel.de [accessed May 17, 2018]).
- FAZ.net: These Union politicians voted yes
- Lukas Wallraff: Protection of minors and alcohol: damper for von der Leyen. In: taz.de . April 4, 2011, accessed February 5, 2016 .
- Protection of minors: Trouble with test buyers - a crazy idea has long been a reality. In: sueddeutsche.de . May 17, 2010, accessed February 5, 2016 .
- Declaration by parents in IT professions on Internet blocking ( Memento from June 18, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
- Working group against Internet blocking and censorship (AK Zensur). Retrieved July 17, 2019 .
- What are we talking about in this debate? | MOGiS e. V. Accessed July 17, 2019 .
- Despite everything e. V. | Advice for women who have experienced sexualised violence. Retrieved July 17, 2019 .
- CareChild calls for decisive action against child pornography ( page no longer available , search in web archives )]
- c't, July 20, 2009 ( Memento from July 27, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
- Von der Leyen demands rules of behavior . In: Spiegel Online . July 23, 2009 ( spiegel.de [accessed July 17, 2019]).
- Why it's about censorship , Netzpolitik, April 25, 2009.
- Lutz Donnerhacke: The Thirteen Lies of the Zensursula April 19, 2009.
- heise online: Child porn bans: Government is considering real-time monitoring of stop sign access . April 25, 2009.
- heise online: Federal Cabinet adopts draft law on child pornography bans April 22, 2009.
- Petition: Internet - No indexing or blocking of Internet pages . ( Memento from May 25, 2012 in the web archive archive.today )
- Von der Leyen's dubious argumentation , Die Zeit
- Official: Ursula von der Leyen lied , Handelsblatt
- Internet : The big lies of Ursula von der Leyen ( Memento from December 29, 2015 in the Internet Archive )
- The arguments for blocking child pornography come to nothing - Part 2: Little Resilient , Spiegel
- Background : Child pornography & Internet blocking , netzpolitik.org, May 7, 2009 /
- Jochen Gaugele and Maike Röttger: The fight against dirt on the Internet is intensified , Abendblatt.de, August 2, 2009.
- dpa: Von der Leyen wants to take action against right-wing content , focus.de, August 2, 2009.
- Familywants to extend control of websites - freedom of expression, democracy and human dignity on the Internet “in the right measure” ( Memento of August 5, 2009 in the Internet Archive ). derStandard.at , August 2, 2009.
- Leyen: Internet threatens to “become a legally free chaos space” , golem.de, August 2, 2009.
- cf. Von der Leyen has child pornography filtered from the Internet , Spiegel Online, January 15, 2009.
- cf. Berliner puts up charges against Ursula von der Leyen , Berliner Morgenpost, May 8, 2009.
- cf. Advertisement against Ursula von der Leyen has been discontinued , Welt Online, May 7, 2009.
- Laudation for the Big Brother Award 2009 in the Politics category to Ursula von der Leyen. October 16, 2009, accessed December 18, 2009 .
- Ingo Neumayer: "Zensursula" and the bugged combine harvester . ( Memento from April 14, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) WDR, October 16, 2009.
- Stefan Berg, Marcel Rosenbach: Coalition plans “deletion law”: black and yellow moves away from internet blocks. spiegel.de. February 8, 2010. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- Jost Müller-Neuhof: Network blocking. Köhler refuses to sign. zeit.de. November 30, 2009. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- cf. z. B. Fight against child pornography coalition overturns Internet blocks ( memento of April 8, 2011 in the Internet Archive ), tagesschau.de, April 5, 2011; Child porn site coalition overturns "Zensursula" law . In: Der Spiegel. April 5, 2011.
- Paul Ronzheimer Stephanie Young Holdt tackle lazy unemployed harder! , bild.de, January 10, 2010.
- More stick, less carrot , Telepolis , heise.de, January 13, 2010.
- Tagesschau: Von der Leyen wants to start education card 2011 ( memento from August 17, 2010 on WebCite ), August 16, 2010.
- tagesschau.de http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/drohnen-108.html ( Memento from July 6, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- Minister of Defense. Von der Leyen promises to support Mali. FAZ.net. February 6, 2014. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- Iraq conflict: Von der Leyen wants to arm the Kurds. spiegel.de. August 12, 2014. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- Von der Leyen after Incirlik: Turks suddenly open to visit the Bundeswehr. Spiegel online, June 27, 2016, accessed on August 6, 2016.
- FAZ: BALANCE AFTER FIVE YEARS: What remains of the first woman at the helm of the Bundeswehr , July 16, 2019, accessed on July 20, 2019; Ministry of Defense. Taxpayers' Association raises serious allegations against von der Leyen in a consultant affair. Handelsblatt October 19, 2019.
- FOCUS Online: Berlin: Von der Leyen in the U-Committee: "Mistakes happened". Retrieved February 13, 2020 .
- 1. Committee of Inquiry of the Defense Committee
- charges against Ursula von der Leyen , Matthias Gebauer, Spiegel Online, October 18, 2018.
- Rolf Gössner : The BigBrotherAward 2017 in the authorities category goes to the Bundeswehr and the Federal Minister of Defense, Dr. Ursula von der Leyen (CDU), as their commander-in-chief. In: BigBrotherAwards.de. May 5, 2017. Retrieved July 25, 2017 .
- to cyber warfare - Ursula von der Leyen receives “Big Brother Award”. In: Stern.de. May 5, 2017. Retrieved July 25, 2017 .
- Eike Kühl: Negative price for spying imams. In: Zeit Online. May 5, 2017. Retrieved May 11, 2017 .
- Rolf Gössner: Armament for cyber war. In: Ossietzky 10/2017. May 2017, accessed on 25 July 2017 .
- spiegel.de , April 30, 2017: Von der Leyen criticizes "wrongly understood corps spirit"
- badische-zeitung.de , dpa , afp , May 6, 2017: Bundeswehr investigators also come across Nazi souvenirs in Donaueschingen barracks (May 7, 2017)
- badische-zeitung.de , dpa , May 7, 2017: Bundeswehr searches barracks for further Wehrmacht souvenirs (May 7, 2017)
- Jan Fleischhauer: Perverse sex Nazis finally banned! In: Spiegel Online. May 22, 2017. Retrieved May 26, 2017 .
- Guntram Wolff: We need a climate tariff . In: Handelsblatt . December 10, 2019 ( handelsblatt.com [accessed December 27, 2019]).
- A critical examination of the dissertation by Dr. Ursula Gertrud von der Leyen: C-reactive protein as a diagnostic parameter for the detection of an amniotic infection syndrome [sic] in the event of premature rupture of the bladder and therapeutic relaxation bath in preparation for birth. VroniPlag Wiki . Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- plagiarism. Von der Leyen rejects allegations of plagiarism. Zeit.de. September 27, 2015. Accessed November 22, 2015.
- Ministry of Defense. Plagiarism hunters object to Leyen's doctoral thesis. FAZ.net. September 26, 2015. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- Joachim Güntner: Plagiarism allegations. Ursula von der Leyen as an example? NZZ.ch. October 6, 2015. Accessed November 22, 2015.
- Note from the LVZ around 1820
- Melanie Amann: Plagiarism affair: Benefit von der Leyen. In: Spiegel Online . March 10, 2016, accessed June 9, 2018 .
- Von der Leyen may keep his doctorate , Robert Roßmann, Die Zeit , March 9, 2016.
- Plagiarism allegation: Von der Leyen keeps her doctorate , Süddeutsche Zeitung , March 9, 2016.
- Von der Leyen retains doctorate , Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung , March 9, 2016.
- Ursula von der Leyen is allowed to keep her doctorate , Tilmann Warnecke and Amory Burchard, Tagesspiegel, March 9, 2016.
- Lena Greiner, Matthias Gebauer, Verena Töpper: Despite plagiarism: That is why von der Leyen is allowed to keep her doctorate. In: Spiegel online. March 9, 2016, accessed March 10, 2016 .
- Melanie Amann: Plagiarism hunters take on Leyen's doctoral thesis. Spiegel.de. September 26, 2015. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- Doktorspiele , Reinhard Müller, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, March 10, 2016.
- Ursula von der Leyen as an example? , Joachim Güntner, Neue Zürcher Zeitung
- Ursula von der Leyen: Doctoral thesis serves as a negative example - politics. In: stern.de . October 1, 2015, accessed February 8, 2016 .
- Von der Leyen remains a doctor. In: Tagesschau.de. March 9, 2016, accessed March 10, 2016 .
- Mike Szymanski: Von der Leyen delivered the Bundeswehr to an army of advisors. Retrieved July 21, 2020 .
- tagesschau.de: Probably irretrievably deleted from Leyen's cell phone data. Retrieved July 21, 2020 .
- tagesschau.de: Criminal complaint for deleting data on von der Leyen's cell phone. Retrieved July 21, 2020 .
- Report: Syrians in private households. Von der Leyen took in refugees. n-tv.de, December 20, 2015.
- Sascha Kösch: Ursula von der Leyen's short pop career. de-bug.de. October 27, 2014. Retrieved November 22, 2015.
- Pop Music. Really funky. In: Der Spiegel. 14/1985 (online)
- Jeanette Aretz: "'Röschen' was always ambitious, sat nicely straight". In: The world . Axel Springer Verlag SE, May 10, 2015, accessed on May 24, 2019 .
- Ursula von der Leyen website of the Europa-Union Deutschland. Retrieved January 11, 2018.
|SURNAME||Leyen, Ursula von der|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Albrecht, Ursula Gertrud (maiden name); Leyen, Ursula Gertrud von der (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), President of the European Commission|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 8, 1958|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ixelles / Elsene , Brussels District , Belgium|