Friedrich worked as a civil servant in the Federal Ministry of Economics from 1988 until he switched to politics as a member of the German Bundestag in 1998 . From 2005 to 2011 Friedrich was deputy chairman of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group , and from 2009 also chairman of the local CSU state group . From March 2011 to October 2013 he was Federal Minister of the Interior in the black and yellow Merkel II government .
After Frederick also the acting head of the September 2013 Federal Agriculture Ministry took over, he was among the group formed in December 2013. grand coalition Merkel III as Federal Minister for Food and Agriculture. In February 2014 he announced his resignation due to the Edathy affair from his time as interior minister and then became one of the deputy chairmen of the parliamentary group again. After the 2017 federal election , Friedrich was elected Vice President of the German Bundestag.
education and profession
Hans-Peter Friedrich was born in 1957 as the son of an administrative employee in Naila in Upper Franconia . After graduating from high school in Naila in 1978, Friedrich did basic military service from 1978 to 1979 and from 1979 completed a law degree in Munich and Augsburg , which he completed in 1983 with the first state examination in law. After the subsequent legal clerkship , he passed the second state examination in 1986. At the University of Augsburg, he studied from 1984 to 1986 ( undergraduate ) Economics and then from 1986 to 1988 economics at the University of Hagen (not finish). In 1988 he was at the University of Augsburg in Herbert Buchner (second supervisor: Helmut Köhler ) with the work , the execution of the will to limited partners for Dr. jur. PhD . In 1988 Friedrich as a Government at the service of the Federal Ministry of Economics a. In 1990 he was seconded to the economic department of the German Embassy in Washington . From 1991 he became a research assistant in the CDU / CSU parliamentary group and from 1993 personal advisor to the CSU regional group chairman Michael Glos . In 1997 he was promoted to Ministerial Council.
In 1973 Friedrich became a member of the Junge Union and in 1974 the CSU. From 1999 until Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg's resignation in 2011, Friedrich was deputy chairman of the CSU Upper Franconia . After he had temporarily held the office from March 2011, Friedrich was elected as the new district chairman in July 2011. He has been a member of the CSU party presidium since autumn 2011.
Member of Parliament
Friedrich has been a member of the German Bundestag since 1998 . From 1999 to 2002 he was deputy chairman of the committee of inquiry into political donations and from 2002 to 2004 of the committee of inquiry on electoral fraud . From 2002 to 2005 Friedrich was also legal counsel for the CDU / CSU parliamentary group.
As a representative of the CSU, he was a member of the two federalism commissions of the Bundestag and Bundesrat.
On November 29, 2005 he became deputy group chairman for the areas of transport, construction, urban development; Tourism; Local politics elected.
Hans-Peter Friedrich entered the Bundestag in 1998 via the Bavarian State List and thereafter always as a directly elected member of the Hof constituency . In the 2013 Bundestag election , he received 55.1% of the first votes , and in 2017 it received 47.0%. In the Bundestag, Friedrich is one of 12 members of the electoral committee , which appoints half of the judges of the Federal Constitutional Court .
After his predecessor Peter Ramsauer moved to the Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Development after the 2009 federal election , Friedrich became chairman of the CSU regional group.
In February 2014 Friedrich was re-elected as deputy chairman of the parliamentary group and is responsible for coordinating the European policy of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group and for cooperation between national parliaments in Europe.
Friedrich is Vice President of the Council of Elders in the 19th German Bundestag. He is also a deputy member of the Digital Agenda Committee and the "Artificial Intelligence" commission of inquiry.
After Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg resigned from the office of Defense Minister on March 1, 2011 because of a plagiarism affair in which Friedrich defended him, the previous Interior Minister Thomas de Maizière became Guttenberg's successor on March 3, and Friedrich became the new Interior Minister. He was sworn in before the German Bundestag on March 16, 2011.
On March 28, 2011 Friedrich received a cartridge by post. A letter of confession from the left-wing extremist Revolutionary Action Cells (RAZ) was published on the Internet. The interior minister stands for “state repression”, and the threat of “the next delivery will be made by express” continued.
After Ilse Aigner switched to Bavarian state politics, Friedrich took over provisional management of the Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection in September 2013 . On December 17, 2013, he was appointed Federal Minister for Food and Agriculture in the Merkel III cabinet and resigned from this post on February 14, 2014 in response to threatened criminal investigations (see section allegations of treason ).
On October 24, 2017, Friedrich was elected to one of the six Vice-Presidents with 507 votes in the constituent session of the German Bundestag.
Friedrich is a member of the Catholic student union Ludovicia Augsburg in the cartel association of Catholic German student associations .
Hans-Peter Friedrich is an Evangelical Lutheran and married to the judge Annette Friedrich, with whom he has three grown children. His partner is the also married customs officer and CSU local politician Diana Troglauer (* 1980), with whom he has a child (* 2018).
Politics, political positions and criticism
Telecommunications and New Media
Friedrich is a supporter of the controversial source telecommunications surveillance . In general, he intended to expand the powers and instruments of investigators in the new media. He considered an expanded “control of the Internet” to be indispensable and stated in this context that the Internet was “an essential tool for the radicalization of people”. Friedrich demanded that Internet monitoring be integrated as a module in the Joint Defense Center against Right-Wing Extremism (GAR), today's Joint Extremism and Terrorism Defense Center (GETZ).
In April 2011, Friedrich declared that there should be no legal free space on the Internet . He called for the resumption of data retention, which was suspended due to a decision by the Federal Constitutional Court . He rejected the Quickfreeze process.
In this context, Friedrich stated that 85 percent of the inquiries to Internet providers in connection with criminal offenses cannot be answered because the data is no longer available.
From Friedrich's point of view, more and more serious crimes, from murder to the distribution of child pornography, can no longer be solved. Critics of data storage consider the thesis to be outrageous.
Friedrich advocated a storage period for cell phone and Internet data of "at least" six months and justified this with the existing EU directive, while the Federal Constitutional Court had declared general data retention to be unconstitutional. Due to the controversy of the topic, he offered a willingness to compromise for the specific implementation. Friedrich also spoke out in favor of replacing the term data retention with the term “minimum data storage”.
In the course of the public debate about the National Socialist Underground in November 2011, Friedrich again called for data retention, which the EU had called for but had declared unconstitutional by the Federal Constitutional Court, to be introduced. He described it as an "important tool in the fight against terrorists and serious criminals". Furthermore, both in this case and when tracking down Islamist cells, “the need for data retention” is evident.
In June 2012, Friedrich once again used a public discussion to promote data retention. As part of the discussion about a smear campaign on Twitter against the German national soccer player Mesut Özil , he blamed the non-introduced data storage for the possible failure of the search against those responsible.
Use of the federal Trojan
Friedrich is expressly committed to telecommunications monitoring directly on the computer through the use of the so-called federal Trojan . After the Chaos Computer Club (CCC) examined the software and published a previously unknown reload function, Friedrich criticized it with the statement that the Chaos Computer Club "did the Chaos credit in its name" because it led to misunderstandings, even though everyone legal framework conditions have been complied with. Friedrich confirmed that the reloading function of the state trojan was intended and that the surveillance authorities used it to reload additional modules.
Demand for the elimination of anonymity on the Internet
In August 2011, Friedrich demanded that anonymity be lifted on the Internet . The occasion was the attacks in Norway in 2011 and the identity of the Norwegian blogger Fjordman became known . After criticizing his statements, which he described as disappointing “stupid reactions”, he reiterated his demand and emphasized that the network should not become “lawless”.
Establishment of the National Cyber Defense Center
The National Cyber Defense Center (NCAZ) was founded in 2011 by the German government as a cooperation between German security authorities to defend against online attacks on critical infrastructures and the German economy. The Federal Criminal Police Office, the Federal Intelligence Service, the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution, the Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Assistance, the Federal Office for Information Security, the Federal Police, the Customs Criminal Police Office and the Federal Armed Forces cooperate. Since the NCAZ is not an independent authority, but rather a "cooperation", the center was set up without the participation of the Bundestag.
Surveillance and espionage affair 2013
After the US surveillance program PRISM became known , Friedrich initially doubted that the surveillance program existed. Friedrich later defended the United States against criticism. Referring to the statements made by cabinet colleague Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger , he formulated "This is not the way to deal with friends who are our most important partners in the fight against terrorism." He said he had no reason to doubt that the USA was complying with the law . Friedrich accused critics of the American surveillance measures with a “mixture of anti-Americanism and naivete”, which he “was hugely pissed off”. According to his own statements, Friedrich did not know anything about the extensive surveillance of German citizens.
During a trip to the USA with the aim of clearing up the NSA affair , Friedrich met American Vice President Joe Biden , Justice Minister Eric Holder and the anti-terrorist officer Lisa Monaco . Following the meeting, he stated that it “would” not be acceptable if American intelligence services “violated German laws in Germany”. He returned believing that he had cleared up the matter. Friedrich explained that PRISM is “a program that specifically searches for terms in the field of terrorism, proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and organized crime”. Information from the US secret service prevented 45 attacks worldwide, 25 of them in Europe and five in Germany. Friedrich also stated in the context of his trip that PRISM would not be used for industrial espionage against German companies and that he was very happy that the USA wanted to renounce a secret agreement that had existed since 1968 and which obliged German services to cooperate with immediate effect. He summed up his assessment as follows: “This noble purpose of saving human lives in Germany at least justifies that we work together with our American friends and partners to avoid terrorists and criminals from harming our citizens . ”Friedrich's position met with massive criticism from all opposition parties. In the public debate, too, Friedrich was often the target of ridicule because of his statements. A few days later, a spokesman for Friedrichs relativized his statement about the previously alleged five terrorist attacks prevented in Germany. Instead, he spoke of "five incidents", the clarification of which had been "in connection with Prism", some of which consisted only of "considerations". In the public discussion that followed his trip, Friedrich postulated a “super fundamental right” to security. Friedrich refuses asylum for the whistleblower Edward Snowden , as he is not politically persecuted.
On August 16, 2013, Friedrich declared the NSA affair over. In this context, he stated: “All suspicions that have been raised have been dispelled.” The Snowden affair is about “false allegations and suspicions that have vanished into thin air (...) We can be very satisfied and also very proud be sure that our intelligence services are recognized by our allies as efficient, proven and trustworthy partners. "
In January 2014, he stated that as Home Secretary he had more important issues than NSA surveillance.
Monitoring of motorway traffic
In autumn 2013, as part of the coalition negotiations, Friedrich demanded further powers for German security authorities. The use of several million data records from the truck toll system in Germany should support the fight against crime. At this point in time, driving and control data from millions of vehicles was automatically recorded at toll control points on 12,800 kilometers of federal motorways and 5400 sections. These data from the Toll Collect operator consortium may only be used to pay truck motorway tolls. This strict purpose limitation has been criticized by the Union, in particular the fact that it is strictly forbidden to pass it on to other offices. A 30-page negotiating paper presented to the news magazine Der Spiegel stated in this context: "This means that security authorities also have no access to investigate capital crimes or to avert danger to life and limb." The aim is now to "lift the strict earmarking". Friedrich's plans led to sharp rejection by the opposition. Peter Schaar , the Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information , explicitly opposed the use of toll data to combat crime. He explained: “I reject the conversion of the truck toll system into a monitoring system ... When the motorway toll was introduced ten years ago, it was promised that the system would not be used for monitoring and that the data collected would therefore only be used for toll accounting . “The SPD also rejected the proposal. Lower Saxony's Interior Minister Boris Pistorius (SPD) said that the toll systems were only introduced for billing purposes. "An extension of the powers for the security authorities would be completely disproportionate." On the Union side, the Bavarian Prime Minister and CSU chairman Horst Seehofer spoke out emphatically against Friedrich's plans to continue using the toll data. Christine Haderthauer told the media that Seehofer was angry about Friedrich's advance. The background to this was the introduction of a general car toll promoted by Seehofer. Friedrich finally abandoned his demands.
Islam in Germany
In his capacity as Minister of the Interior, Friedrich declared on the day he took office: “I think that the people who live here and are of Islamic faith are of course also citizens here in this country and belong to this country; but that Islam belongs to Germany is a fact that history has nowhere to prove ”. Friedrich's statement met with criticism from the opposition parties and the Central Council of Muslims in Germany , who rated his statement as a weakening of efforts towards integration.
Shortly afterwards, with reference to the attack in Frankfurt , he demanded the cooperation of Muslims in tracking down “dangerous Islamists”. Both statements were criticized in the media, by Muslim organizations and other parties. After the statements made, Friedrich declared that the Islam conference for which he was responsible for a boycott was raised that it was “not a security conference” and should not be. The first goal of the series of events is to "cultivate a broad dialogue between the state and Muslims".
Friedrich later expressed a revised position.
At the beginning of 2012, Friedrich came under fire for the controversially discussed study Living Worlds of Young Muslims in Germany . The study that u. a. According to Justice Minister Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger, methodological weaknesses were made available exclusively to Bild-Zeitung before the official publication on March 1, despite the explosive content. The Bild-Zeitung particularly reported the negative aspects discussed in the study and described them on February 29 as a “shock study” under the one-sided and sensational title “Every fifth Muslim in Germany does not want to integrate”. For this, the chairman of the Turkish community in Germany, Kenan Kolat , accused Friedrich of making moods against Muslims, an accusation that was also made by Spiegel and the FAZ . The time of publication, a few days after the memorial service for those murdered by the NSU , was also criticized. Both Friedrich and Interior Secretary Christoph Bergner then denied that the study had been published by the Interior Ministry to the Bild newspaper on ZDF and in the Bundestag, respectively. In April 2012, following a parliamentary question in the Bundestag, it became known that this was incorrect and that Bild-Zeitung had received an advance copy from the Ministry of the Interior.
Friedrich wants to use posters, postcards and advertisements in the style of missing persons advertisements from September 21, 2012 against Islamist radicalization.
Assessment of the terror threat in Germany
Friedrich rates the danger posed by international terrorism in Germany as very high. The attack that Arid Uka , originally from Kosovo, carried out on two US soldiers at Frankfurt Airport on March 2, 2011, was described by Friedrich as the first completed Islamist attack in the Federal Republic. In a radio interview, Friedrich said that Germany could “learn from Israel” with regard to counter-terrorism measures.
Against right-wing extremism
After the events around the Zwickau cell from November 2011, Friedrich planned a central register for dangerous neo-Nazis, according to Euronews . The bill is an “important milestone” and a “useful addition” against right-wing extremism. The file should be created similarly to the composite file on Islamist extremism. Both state and federal authorities should be able to feed in and retrieve data; in addition to the Federal Criminal Police Office and the State Criminal Police Offices, the network also includes all constitutional protection authorities and the military shielding service. The legal basis initially only exists until the end of 2016 and is to be evaluated before it expires. Friedrich's refusal to integrate a cross-agency directory of informants in the right-wing extremist scene was criticized.
Another project that Friedrich significantly advanced is the Joint Defense Center against Right-Wing Extremism (GAR). Also established after the scandal surrounding the right-wing terrorist murders by the NSU, it was initially modeled on the Joint Anti-Terrorism Center and combined with it in November 2012 to form the Joint Anti-Terrorism and Anti-Terrorism Center (GETZ). Here, too, the cooperation between over 40 authorities at federal and state level, the police and the Office for the Protection of the Constitution is to be bundled and thus improved.
Data protection and civil rights activists criticized the renewed informational link between the police and the constitution protection in both projects. Not least because of this, Hans-Peter Friedrich received the negative Big Brother Award in 2012 . In the laudation, civil rights activist Rolf Gössner named the national cyber defense center in addition to the joint network file and the (then still) GAR and pointed to the commonality of the projects of frivolously pooling police, secret service and even military competencies. Here, power is concentrated on the security authorities, which are becoming increasingly difficult to control democratically, said Gössner.
In connection with the second NPD ban proceedings and the NSU murders, Friedrich expressed concerns about right-wing infiltration of eastern Germany.
Monitoring of the Left Party by the Office for the Protection of the Constitution
Friedrich defended the extensive surveillance of the Left Party by the Office for the Protection of the Constitution , which became known in January 2012 . There are “considerable indications” of “anti-constitutional tendencies” within the Left Party, which is why the leaders of the party are being observed. He compared the surveillance of the left with surveillance of the NPD. Anyone who demands that MPs are no longer allowed to be monitored must “immediately stop observing top NPD officials. And that couldn't be ”. This comparison sparked outrage in the Left Party and the opposition, and Jan Korte , who was also being monitored , indirectly called for Friedrich's resignation because he “did not yet understand the problem”. In the media, too, this statement by Friedrich was critically assessed in opinion articles. Previously, like Dirk Niebel and Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger , members of the FDP had criticized the extent of the surveillance of the Left Party.
Greek sovereign debt crisis
In an interview with Der Spiegel at the end of February 2012 on the debt crisis, Friedrich pleaded for Greece to leave the euro zone and justified his opinion by stating that “[...] outside the monetary union [...] Greece's chances of regenerating and becoming competitive , certainly bigger than if the country remained in the euro area [...] ”. Friedrich was the first German minister to express this recommendation so clearly. For this, Friedrich was reprimanded by Chancellor Angela Merkel , among others , whereupon Friedrich withdrew some of his statements.
Dismissal of the Federal Police leadership
In July 2012, Friedrich dismissed the President of the Federal Police, Matthias Seeger , and his two deputies from their offices without giving reasons. Friedrich was then criticized for this process, especially because those affected first learned of their dismissals from the press before they were informed themselves. The domestic policy spokesman for the SPD parliamentary group, Michael Hartmann , called the recall of the police leadership "factually unnecessary, superfluous and harmful". The Bundestag Vice- President Petra Pau ( Die Linke ) said that she had "no conclusive explanation for Friedrich's actions, except that he obviously couldn't". The Greens chairwoman Claudia Roth spoke of a “stylish expulsion”, which is indicative of the interior minister's personnel policy and “once again illustrates his helplessness”. The chairman of the German police union, Rainer Wendt, described the change in leadership as "shabby and humanly indecent". The chairman of the police union, Bernhard Witthaut, rated the style of dismissals as "completely unacceptable". Seeger himself also criticized the way he was treated in an interview with Bild and described the behavior as “dishonorable and downright shameful”.
benefits under the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act
On July 18, 2012, the Federal Constitutional Court declared the amount of the benefits under the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act (AsylbLG) to be unconstitutional. Friedrich criticized the judgment and recommended that the federal states pay less cash benefits.
Immigration and Integration
To combat immigrants who take advantage of social benefits, Friedrich said: "What is added is that we impose an entry ban on them for a certain period of time so that they cannot come back the next day." He also calls for the deportation of illegally active immigrants.
Friedrich rejects dual citizenship and called this "integration-inhibiting".
During the refugee crisis in Europe in 2015 , he criticized the media and warned of a new extra-parliamentary opposition. “The published opinion and the public opinion are 180 degrees apart”, he criticized, the media made a “welcoming culture”, while “the opinion on the street” deviated fundamentally from it.
civil war in Syria
Accusation of treason
In the course of the public prosecutor's investigation into the former Bundestag member Sebastian Edathy , it became known in February 2014 that Hans-Peter Friedrich, in his role as Federal Minister of the Interior , had informed the SPD party chairman Sigmar Gabriel about the ongoing investigations against Edathy in October 2013. According to their own statements, the public prosecutor's offices in Hanover and Berlin examined the initiation of formal investigations against Friedrich for divulging official secrets , as he had hindered the investigation by passing on this information.
Due to the increased pressure , as he put it, Hans-Peter Friedrich resigned from the office of Federal Minister of Agriculture on February 14, 2014, but expressed his conviction that he had acted politically and legally correctly when he met SPD chairman Sigmar in October 2013 Gabriel informed me. The constitutional law scholar Joachim Wieland supported his view.
On February 25, 2014, the Berlin Public Prosecutor's Office initiated an investigation into suspected violation of official secrets in connection with the Edathy affair and, upon request, had Friedrich's political immunity as a member of parliament lifted. The public prosecutor's office came to the conclusion that Friedrich had acted illegally , but dropped the case in September 2014 because of minor guilt.
Sexual assault on New Year's Eve 2015/16
In connection with the reporting on the sexual assaults on New Year's Eve 2015/16 , Friedrich commented as follows:
“Why is it not reported here? And there is a suspicion that one believes that such attacks, especially by migrants and foreigners, are not reported because they do not want to alarm the population if possible. "
- 2012: Bavarian Order of Merit
- 2012: Big Brother Award (negative price)
- 2012: Minister for Deportation (negative price)
- 2013: sealed oyster (negative price)
- 2015: German Fire Brigade Cross of Honor in gold
- 2016: Bavarian Constitutional Medal in Silver
- 2016: Federal Cross of Merit, 1st class
- 2019: Commander of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary
- Literature by and about Hans-Peter Friedrich in the catalog of the German National Library
- Hans-Peter Friedrich's website
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- CV at the CDU / CSU parliamentary group
- Hans-Peter Friedrich on abgeordnetenwatch.de
- Hans-Peter Friedrich to the deputy. Group chairmen elected. CSU, February 18, 2014, accessed April 30, 2016 .
- The wills on limited partner shares in the catalog of the German National Library
- Dr. Hans-Peter Friedrich (court), CDU / CSU. German Bundestag, archived from the original on April 11, 2016 ; accessed on April 30, 2016 .
- Board of Directors. CSU, accessed April 30, 2016 .
- The Federalism Commission of the Bundestag and Bundesrat, order: modernization of the federal system. Kreisjugendring Herford, April 21, 2016, archived from the original on May 6, 2016 ; accessed on April 30, 2016 .
- results of the Federal , accessed on May 22, 2018.
- Members of the electoral committee. In: bundestag.de. Archived from the original on November 27, 2010 ; Retrieved September 1, 2012 .
- German Bundestag - Biographies. Retrieved May 18, 2020 .
- Minutes of the plenary session 17/92. (PDF; 909 kB) German Bundestag, February 23, 2011, accessed on July 29, 2013 . Overall shot of the plenary session. German Bundestag, February 23, 2011, accessed on July 29, 2013 (Friedrich's contribution from 2:49:30).
- CSU criticizes the Guttenberg critics for “excessiveness” and “hatred”. In: Deutschlandfunk. March 2, 2011, accessed March 2, 2011 .
- De Maizière replaces Guttenberg, Friedrich becomes Minister of the Interior. In: Spiegel online . March 2, 2011, accessed March 2, 2011 .
- Cartridges for professors - Political scientists receive mail with 8-millimeter projectiles. In: Free Press . April 1, 2011, accessed September 5, 2011 .
- Minister Friedrich resigns. Zeit Online, February 14, 2014, accessed April 30, 2016 .
- Friedrich resignation: "I'll be back". In: Nordwest Zeitung. February 15, 2014, accessed April 30, 2016 .
- AfD candidate Glaser failed twice in the election for Bundestag deputy. In: tagesschau.de. Retrieved October 24, 2017 .
- How to reach young people? (PDF; 6.3 MB) Kartellverband, December 2007, accessed on April 30, 2016 .
- A Message from Germany. (PDF) Atlantik-Brücke eV, archived from the original on February 22, 2014 ; accessed on April 30, 2016 (English).
- Register 2010. (PDF) German Society for Foreign Policy eV, accessed on April 30, 2016 (English).
- v .: Hans-Peter Friedrich: A liberal hardliner. Retrieved February 23, 2019 .
- Peggy Biczysko: High praise for the “boom town”. In: Frankenpost from March 19, 2018 (accessed on June 18, 2018).
- The election officer of the district of Wunsiedel i. Fichtelgebirge: Announcement of the approved nominations for the election of the district council on March 16, 2014 , wunsiedel.de (accessed on June 18, 2018).
- Friedrich defends surveillance by Trojans. In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. October 15, 2011, accessed May 6, 2016 .
- cf. z. B. Friedrich wants to monitor the Internet more strictly. In: spiegel.de. December 6, 2011, accessed December 6, 2011 .
- cf. z. B. Interior minister warns of unlawful space on the Internet. In: heise.de. April 4, 2011, accessed April 5, 2011 .
- Friedrich takes on the FDP. In: welt.de. April 5, 2011, archived from the original on September 6, 2017 ; accessed on May 24, 2019 .
- Data protection liberals reject Friedrich's request for retained data. In: zeit.de. April 5, 2011, accessed April 5, 2011 .
- Interview in the Mittelbayrische Zeitung on January 17, 2012
- cf. z. B. Hans-Peter Friedrich no longer wants to talk about data retention. In: netzpolitik.org. April 4, 2011, accessed April 5, 2011 . , as well as data protection liberals reject Friedrich's request for retained data. In: zeit.de. April 5, 2011, accessed April 5, 2011 .
- "The data retention is necessary". In: The world. November 27, 2011, accessed May 6, 2016 .
- Friedrich advertises after Özil-Hetze for data retention. In: heise online. June 21, 2012, accessed May 6, 2016 .
- State Trojan: Federal Minister of the Interior defends the operation and attacks CCC. In: heise online. October 15, 2011, accessed May 6, 2016 .
- Interior Minister Friedrich calls for an end to anonymity on the Internet. In: Der Spiegel. August 7, 2011, accessed May 6, 2016 .
- Friedrich: Internet must not become «lawless». In: Dorstener Zeitung. August 10, 2011, archived from the original on October 22, 2013 ; Retrieved August 24, 2013 .
- Markus Wehner : Foreign digital world. In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. July 14, 2013, accessed May 6, 2016 .
- Manuel Bewarder , Karsten Kammholz and Martin Lutz: “That's not how you treat friends”. In: The world . June 16, 2013, accessed August 24, 2013 .
- Christian Bommarius : The power of surveillance. In: Berliner Zeitung. June 28, 2013, accessed May 6, 2016 .
- Markus Beckedahl : Incredible: Friedrich defends unreasonable full surveillance of the Internet by the NSA as constitutional. In: Netzpolitik.org. July 12, 2013, accessed May 6, 2016 .
- Berlin continues without any own knowledge. In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. July 14, 2013, accessed May 6, 2016 .
- No obligation to espionage for the USA. In: Zeit Online. July 13, 2013, accessed May 6, 2016 .
- America gives up rights. In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. July 13, 2013, accessed May 6, 2016 .
- “Blanker Mockery”, “Disaster”, “Air Number”: Opposition ridicules Friedrich's trip to the USA. In: Spiegel Online. July 13, 2013, accessed May 6, 2016 .
- "Friedrich returns empty-handed". In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. July 13, 2013, accessed May 6, 2016 .
- Scolded for the trip to Prismland. taz.de, July 13, 2013, accessed on May 6, 2016 .
- Friedrich becomes an object of mockery. In: Spiegel Online . July 17, 2013, accessed July 21, 2013 .
- Attack plans that weren't. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung. July 15, 2013, accessed May 9, 2016 .
- Veit Medick , Philipp Wittrock: Minister Friedrich and the NSA affair: The United States Minister of Defense. In: Spiegel Online. July 16, 2013, accessed May 9, 2016 .
- Manuel Bewarder, Thorsten Jungholt: Friedrich declares security to be a "super fundamental right". In: The world. July 16, 2013, accessed May 9, 2016 .
- "Snowden Not a Persecuted". In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. November 5, 2013, accessed May 9, 2016 .
- Surveillance: Friedrich sees all allegations in the NSA affair dispelled. In: Spiegel Online. August 16, 2013, accessed May 9, 2016 .
- Friedrich: "Proud of our secret services". In: Rheinische Post. August 16, 2013, accessed May 9, 2016 .
- Former Interior Minister Friedrich: "I had more important issues than the NSA affair". Spiegel Online, January 14, 2014, accessed May 9, 2016 .
- There were more importantfor Mr. Friedrich. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung. January 15, 2014, accessed May 9, 2016 .
- Friedrich demands more money for video surveillance. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung. April 25, 2013, accessed May 9, 2016 .
- Jörg Diehl, F. Dohmen, V. Medick, F. Schmid: Monitoring: Interior Minister Friedrich reaches for toll data. In: Spiegel Online. November 6, 2013, accessed May 9, 2016 .
- SPD refuses access to toll data. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung. November 6, 2013, accessed May 9, 2016 .
- Interior Minister Friedrich: Release toll data for monitoring. In: gulli.com. November 6, 2013, archived from the original on November 6, 2013 ; accessed on May 9, 2016 .
- Björn Hengst: Dispute over toll data: Seehofer whistles back Interior Minister Friedrich. In: Spiegel Online. November 6, 2013, accessed May 9, 2016 .
- Christian Tretbar: Interior Minister Friedrich rows back, there is still a dispute. In: Der Tagesspiegel. November 6, 2013, accessed May 9, 2016 .
- Interior Minister - “Islam does not belong to Germany”. In: Welt Online . March 3, 2011, accessed March 4, 2011 .
- Islam controversy about interior minister: "Slap in the face of the Muslims". In: Spiegel Online. March 5, 2011, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- dispute over the Islam Conference Friedrich sees no reason for excitement . In: spiegel.de. March 31, 2011, accessed April 5, 2011 .
- Thomas Kröter: U-turn. In: Jüdische Allgemeine . June 9, 2011, accessed September 27, 2011 .
- Friedrich: Making the power of religions fruitful. (PDF; 15 kB) Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, May 29, 2011, accessed on May 28, 2016 .
- https://www.phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de/fileadmin/Redaktion/Institute/Sozialwissenschaften/BF/Lehre/SoSe_2015/Islam/Lebenswelten_junger_Muslime.pdf .
- "Sarrazin feels confirmed - that is tragic". In: Süddeutsche Zeitung. March 5, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Integration study: Turkish community accuses Friedrich of making moods. In: derNewsticker.de. March 2, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Study on Muslims in Germany: Bring the papers! In: Spiegel Online. March 1, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Friedrich's sluggish integration. In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. March 2, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Interior Minister Friedrich gives the agitator. Süddeutsche Zeitung, March 2, 2012, accessed on May 28, 2016 .
- Muslim study went to the tabloid in advance. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung. April 20, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Ministry of the Interior admits false information to the Bundestag. In: Spiegel Online. April 24, 2012. Retrieved February 27, 2017 .
- Muslim study: Ministry of the Interior admits false information to the Bundestag. In: Spiegel Online. April 20, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Friedrich puts pressure on security issues . In: focus.de. April 4, 2011, accessed April 6, 2011 .
- The hooligan who came out of nowhere . In: stern.de. April 3, 2011, accessed April 6, 2011 .
- Germany initiates neo-Nazi registers. In: euronews.net. January 18, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Criticism and approval for neo-Nazi files. In: heise.de. September 29, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- GETZ - Joint Extremism and Terrorism Defense Center. Federal Ministry of the Interior, archived from the original on March 4, 2016 ; accessed on May 28, 2016 .
- cf. Laudation for the award of one of the Big Brother Awards to Hans-Peter Friedrich 2012. In: bigbrotherawards.de , accessed on March 3, 2013.
- Friedrich warns against infiltration by neo-Nazis. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung. September 30, 2012, accessed February 27, 2017 .
- Gysi complains about the protection of the Constitution: "Pipe club that should disband". Hamburger Abendblatt, January 24, 2012, accessed on May 28, 2016 .
- Left MPs monitored by secret service means. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung. January 24, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Dear agents: The SED no longer exists. In: Süddeutsche Zeitung. January 25, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Interior Minister Friedrich advises Greece to leave the euro zone. In: The time. February 25, 2012, accessed on February 25, 2012 : "Outside the monetary union, Greece's chances of regenerating and becoming competitive are certainly greater than if the country remained in the euro area," the CSU politician told the news magazine Der Mirror according to an advance notice. "
- Anna Reimann: Interior Minister Friedrich recommends Greeks exit the euro. Der Spiegel, February 25, 2012, accessed on February 25, 2012 : "The minister is the first member of the German government to speak out in favor of this radical change of course in the rescue of the euro."
- Chancellor complains, Interior Minister Friedrich buckles. In: The world. February 27, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- "Undignified, dishonorable, downright shameful". In: The world. July 31, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Opposition finds the top of the Federal Police to be expelled "without style". In: Der Tagesspiegel. July 29, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- dismissed federal police chief attacks Friedrich. In: zeit.de. July 30, 2012, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Federal police storming their boss's expulsion. Derwesten.de , July 29, 2012, accessed on August 4, 2012 .
- Serious allegations against Interior Minister Friedrich. In: Bild .de. July 30, 2012, Retrieved August 4, 2012 .
- Friedrich wants to cut money for asylum seekers from the Balkans ( Memento from October 15, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Friedrich wants to expel poverty refugees. In: stern.de. June 7, 2013, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Refugee: Linke boss insults Friedrich as a hate preacher. In: Spiegel Online. October 9, 2013, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Friedrich continues to reject double passport: "Double citizenship would hinder integration". In: Focus Online. April 28, 2013, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Ex-Minister Friedrich takes the media hard in court. In: Handelsblatt. September 8, 2015, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Interior Minister Friedrich: 60 German jihadists are said to be active in Syria. In: Spiegel Online. July 9, 2013, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Friedrich refuses entry to Syria refugees. In: The world. March 14, 2013, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Left and FDP demand Friedrich's dismissal. In: sueddeutsche.de. February 14, 2014, accessed February 14, 2014 .
- resignation in the wording: "I'll be back". In: spiegel.de. February 14, 2014, accessed February 15, 2014 .
- Edathy case: Constitutional lawyer defends Federal Minister Friedrich. In: handelsblatt.de. February 14, 2014, accessed February 16, 2014 .
- Edathy Affair: Friedrich gets away. In: Frankfurter Rundschau. September 8, 2014, accessed May 28, 2016 .
- Hans-Peter Friedrich elected "Deportation Minister 2012". In: derwesten.de. December 7, 2012, accessed February 14, 2016 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CSU), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 10, 1957|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Naila|