Maximilian zu Hardegg
Maximilian "Miki" Graf zu Hardegg von Settenberg (also Max Hardegg ; born November 26, 1906 , † June 28, 1931 near Baden-Baden , Germany ) was an Austrian nobleman and racing car driver .
Maximilian zu Hardegg came from the noble family of the Counts of Hardegg from the Lower Austrian city and castle Hardegg (Hardeck). After the Nobility Repeal Act of 1919 , he started out as Max Hardegg.
He started in several international automobile races in the early 1930s . At the first Grand Prix of Czechoslovakia on the Masaryk-Ring near Brno , he competed in Group B (vehicles up to 1500 cm³ displacement ), the Voiturette class, in a privately used Bugatti T37A in 1930 . In the main race, which was held together for cars in groups A (vehicles over 1500 cm³ displacement) and B, he finished behind the duo Hermann zu Leiningen / Heinrich-Joachim von Morgen ( Bugatti T35C ) and Ernst Günther Burggaller ( Bugatti T35B ) 500 kilometers and about five hours of racing, 13 minutes and 29.2 seconds back in third place. He came with it to the Alfa Romeo P2 of Baconin Borzacchini / Tazio Nuvolari to the finish of the Alfa-Romeo - factory team Scuderia Ferrari was used in group A.
At the 1931 Lviv Grand Prix , Hardegg came second behind Hans Stuck ( Mercedes-Benz SSK ) in a Bugatti T35C .
Maximilian Hardegg to accident on June 28, 1931 at the hillclimb Baden-Baden - Geroldsau - Plättig - Buhlerhohe that over the Black Forest Road , today's B 500 , led to a Bugatti fatal.
- Max Hardegg. www.motorsportmemorial.org, accessed on February 11, 2019 .
- Leif Snellman, Felix Muelas: Maximilian zu Hardegg (A). www.kolumbus.fi, November 6, 2018, accessed on February 11, 2019 .
- ↑ Leif Snellman, Felix Muelas: I Masarykův Okruh. www.kolumbus.fi, September 28, 2018, accessed on February 11, 2019 .
- ↑ Leif Snellman, Felix Muelas: I GRAND PRIX MIASTA Lwowa. www.kolumbus.fi, September 24, 2015, accessed on February 11, 2019 .
- ↑ Hans Etzrodt: HILL CLIMB WINNERS 1897-1949. www.kolumbus.fi, April 16, 2017, accessed on February 11, 2019 .
|SURNAME||Hardegg, Maximilian too|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Hardegg von Settenberg, Maximilian Graf too; Hardegg, Maximilian; Hardeck, Max|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian nobleman and automobile racing driver|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 26, 1906|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 28, 1931|
|Place of death||near Baden-Baden , Germany|