|Synonyms||see section synonyms|
|Art||Grape vine ( Vitis vinifera subsp. Vinifera )|
|Berry color||green yellow|
|breeder||Jean-Pierre Vibert and Jean Moreau-Robert|
|List of grape varieties|
Muscat Ottonel is a white wine variety and comes from France . Jean-Pierre Vibert from Angers selected the variety in 1839 from a seedling he had found. It was distributed from 1852 by Jean Moreau-Robert, who was also based in Angers. The parent varieties are Gutedel and Ingram's Muscat . For a long time, the Gutedel and Muscat précoce de Saumur grape varieties were considered cross-breeding partners.
|World acreage 2010||10352|
Ampelographic varietal characteristics
- The shoot tip is open. It is hairy spiderweb to slightly woolly and red-brown in color. The intense red, shiny young leaves are hairless.
- The small to medium-sized leaves are three- or five-lobed and deeply indented. The stalk bay is lyre-shaped to closed. The blade is bluntly serrated.
- The cylindrical grape is small to medium-sized, sometimes winged on one side and with loose berries. The round berries are medium-sized and yellow-green in color, and when the berries are fully ripe they appear brown-spotted on the sun-side. The berries have a thick skin and a slight note of nutmeg on the taste.
Maturation: approx. 5 to 6 days after the Gutedel and is therefore considered to ripen early in an international comparison.
The wine is greenish-yellow in color and has an intense, fine and spicy nutmeg bouquet. It is mild, usually low in alcohol and extract. The nutmeg Ottonel can develop pronounced, very fine citrus aromas in high grade levels. The variety prefers fertile, strong soils with a good water supply and sheltered, sunny locations.
Articles Viticulture in France , Viticulture in Austria , Viticulture in Bulgaria , Viticulture in Romania , Viticulture in Moldova , Viticulture in Ukraine , Viticulture in Canada , Viticulture in South Africa and Viticulture in Hungary .
Chasselas Saint Fiacre, Mirisavka, Mirislavka, Misket Ottonel, Moscato Otonel Bianco, Moscato Ottonel, Moscatos, Moschato Samou, Mozzonel, Muscadel Ottonel, Muscat De Craciunel Tirnave, Muscat Otonel Blanc, Muscat Otonel White, Muscat Ottone, Muscat Ottonel, Muskat Otonel, Muskat Otonel Bijeli, Muskat Otonel Weisser, Muskat Ottonel, Muskotaly, Ottonel, Ottonel Frontignan, Ottonel Muscotaly, Ottonel Muskotaly, Tamiioasa Ottonel.
- Photo Muscat Ottonel. ( Memento from January 1, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Directory of grape varieties website "Wine from Austria"
- Directory of Austrian quality wine varieties and their clones - online catalog
- Pierre Galet : Dictionnaire encyclopédique des cépages. Hachette, Paris 2000, ISBN 2-01-236331-8 .
- Walter Hillebrand, Heinz Lott, Franz Pfaff: Paperback of the grape varieties. 13th, revised edition. Fachverlag Fraund, Mainz 2003, ISBN 3-921156-53-X .
- Jancis Robinson , Julia Harding, José Vouillamoz : Wine Grapes. A complete guide to 1,368 vine varieties, including their origins and flavors. Ecco, New York NY 2012, ISBN 978-0-06-220636-7 .
- Directory of the Austrian quality wine and their clones. Higher Federal College and Federal Office for Viticulture and Fruit Growing Klosterneuburg, Klosterneuburg 2008.
- K. Anderson, NR Aryal: Database of Regional, National and Global Winegrape Bearing Areas by Variety, 2000 and 2010, Wine Economics Research Center, University of Adelaide, December 2013 (first revision April 2014) (second revision May 2014) (third Revision July 2014).
- accessed on April 4, 2016 Muscat Ottonel in the database Vitis International Variety Catalog of the Institute for Grapevine Breeding Geilweilerhof (English)