|Surname||Police Sports Club Braunschweig eV|
|Club colors||green white|
|Founded||December 2, 1921|
PSV Braunschweig was founded on December 2, 1921 as a sports club for the police force . Initially, the club operated the sports of soccer and fistball , from 1924 also athletics , handball and swimming . In 1926 it was renamed the Braunschweig Police Sports Club, and at the same time the club was also opened to private individuals.
The judo department of the PSV was founded on September 23, 1953. In 1975 the club's men's team was promoted to the Judo Bundesliga , in 1990 the women, who had previously won the German championship in 1985 and 1988, were among the founding members of the women's Bundesliga. In 1996, PSV withdrew from the Bundesliga for financial reasons. Since 2002 one has been in judo as SFV Europa eV in the police SV .
- German runner-up: 1981, 1982
- Lower Saxony champions: 1974, 1975
- German champion: 1985, 1988
In 1952, the PSV football team rose to the third-rate Lower Saxony amateur league , Season IV. After two years, however, the club had to relegate again, in the following years they mostly played in lower-class amateur football. In the 2012/13 season, PSV will compete in the 2nd district class Braunschweig, Season 2.
- Lower Saxony champions: 1975, 1977
- André Breitbarth , judo, Olympic participant
- Frauke Eickhoff , Judo, World and Vice European Champion
- Birgit Friedrich , judo, European champion
- Silke Harenberg , quadrathlon , five-time world cup winner, team world and European champion
- Detlef Knorrek , judo, five-time German champion and Olympic participant
- Karin Kutz , judo, German champion 1983 and 1985 as well as World Cup third in 1986 and 1987
- Oda Mielenhausen , table tennis
- Achim Overbeck , canoeist, European team champion
- Alke Overbeck , canoeist, team world and European champion
- Anja von Rekowski , judo, vice world champion and Olympic participant
- General assembly of the sports club of the police, 1925 .
- Kurt Hoffmeister : Time travel through Braunschweig's sports history: 180 years of gymnastics and sport in Braunschweig, Braunschweig 2010, p. 50.
- History: PSV Braunschweig (1953–1995) , accessed on September 22, 2012.
- History: Police SV 1996-2001 , accessed on September 22, 2012.
- History: SFV Europe in the Police SV from 2002 , accessed on September 22, 2012.
- The handball archive , accessed on September 22, 2012.
- Master. Retrieved May 6, 2019 .
- Profile on quadrathlon.com, accessed on August 31, 2013.
- Silke Harenberg's farewell tour in the World Cup on braunschweiger-zeitung.de, accessed on August 31, 2013.