Peter Pernthaler (born April 12, 1935 in Innsbruck ) is an Austrian law scholar and university professor . From 1968 until his retirement in 2003 he was professor of public law and general political science at the University of Innsbruck and from 1975 to 2000 head of the Institute for Research on Federalism (now the Institute for Federalism).
Peter Pernthaler was born on April 12, 1935 in Innsbruck and completed his school education there. Then he started at the University of Innsbruck the Study of Law , which he in 1958 with the promotion of Doctor of Law ( Dr.iur. Graduated). While still a student was Pernthaler in 1957, a research assistant to Professor Felix Ermacora , in which he finally with in 1963 habilitation dissertation on "The rule of law and his army" habilitation and thus the right to teach in public law at the University of Innsbruck received . In 1964 he received the Cardinal Innitzer Prize .
From 1963 to 1966, Pernthaler completed an administrative internship with the constitutional service of the Federal Chancellery . In 1966 he was appointed associate professor at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, where he focused on the subject of "spatial planning and constitution". Two years later, in 1968, he was appointed full professor for public law and general political science at the Institute for Public Law and Political Science at the University of Innsbruck. Six years later, he was offered a professorship at the University of Vienna. Pernthaler turned down and stayed in Innsbruck. There he headed the university institute at which he worked for a long time, and in 1975 he co-founded the extra-university institute for federalism , which he subsequently headed as director until 2000.
In 1982/83 Peter Pernthaler was visiting professor at the University of Canberra , Australia , and in 1983 at the Canadian University of Prince Edward Island . At his home university he worked as dean of the law faculty in 1979/80 and 1980/81 . In October 2003, Pernthaler finally retired from the University of Innsbruck .
Peter Pernthaler has been a real member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences since 1996 and was previously its corresponding member since 1993. He has also been a member of the Association of German Constitutional Law Teachers since 1964 . He is also President of the Euroregional Association for Comparative Public Law and European Law and the Austrian representative of the Group of Independent Experts of the Council of Europe .
- Karl Weber, Norbert Wimmer : Introduction . In: From the constitutional state at a crossroads. Festschrift for Peter Pernthaler on his 70th birthday . Springer-Verlag , Vienna 2005, ISBN 978-3-211-23873-8 , pp. 1-5 .
- Luis Durnwalder : Peter Pernthaler on his 80th birthday . In: Andreas Raffeiner (Ed.): Always remained true to the ideals of the rule of law. Festschrift for Peter Pernthaler on the occasion of his 80th birthday (= series of studies on jurisprudence . Volume 347 ). Publishing house Dr. Kovač , 2015, ISBN 978-3-8300-8377-1 , ISSN 1435-6821 , p. 85-101 .
- Presentation of Peter Pernthaler (incl. Curriculum vitae ) on the University of Innsbruck's website.
- Brief presentation of Peter Pernthaler in the Who is Who - Jurists by Gerhard Köbler .
- ↑ a b head of the week: Peter Pernthaler. University of Innsbruck, May 2, 2005, accessed on July 25, 2017 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian lawyer and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 12, 1935|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||innsbruck|