Reimund Neugebauer (born June 27, 1953 in Esperstedt ) is a German engineer and university professor who works in the field of production technology. Since October 1, 2012, he has been the 10th President of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft .
After completing his Abitur with accompanying professional training as a mechanical engineer , Neugebauer studied mechanical engineering at the Technical University of Dresden, specializing in machine tool design . After graduating with a diploma, he worked as a research assistant and senior assistant at this chair. In 1984 he received his doctorate on the subject of computer-aided processing of finite element calculation models for machine tool structures . Between 1985 and 1989 he worked in the Combine Umformtechnik Erfurt in various tasks in basic development and automation technology. In 1989 he completed his habilitation on the subject of developing flexible molding sheet metal processing systems . In the same year he was appointed lecturer at the TU Dresden, where he headed the Institute for Machine Tools from 1990.
When the Fraunhofer Society founded the Fraunhofer Institute for Forming Technology and Machine Tools in Chemnitz in 1992 , he took over the machine tools and automation technology division as one of the institute directors. After Rolf Umbach left in 1994, he took over the sole management of the research facility, now known as the Fraunhofer Institute for Machine Tools and Forming Technology (IWU), which he headed for 21 years until September 2012.
In 1993 he was with the representation wise guidance of the Chair of Machine Tools at the Technical University of Chemnitz in charge and finally received the call to 1995 full professor and chair holder . From 2000 to 2012 he was managing director of the Institute for Machine Tools and Production Processes (IWP) at the TU Chemnitz, from 2003 to 2006 he was also dean of the faculty for mechanical engineering.
Neugebauer is a member of numerous national and international scientific societies and associations. He belongs to the Working Group for Forming Technology (AGU), was President of the Scientific Society for Production Technology (WGP) from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2011 and is a full member (Active Member) of the International Academy for Production Technology (CIRP), whose annual meeting 2007 from IWU in Dresden. He is also a member of the German Academy of Science and Engineering (acatech) and is Honorary President of the Saxony Industry Association in 1828 . Since 2014 he has been a member of the National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina and a member of the steering committee of the innovation dialogue between the federal government, business and science. Since 2015 Reimund Neugebauer has been one of the two chairmen of the high-tech forum, which, as the central advisory body of the federal government, supports the further development and implementation of the high-tech strategy.
Reimund Neugebauer works in the fields of manufacturing process technology, machine tools, forming technology, hydroforming and metal foam. In the last few years he has made a name for himself especially in resource-efficient manufacturing processes.
On May 8, 2012, he was elected by the Senate of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft to succeed Hans-Jörg Bullinger as President of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, which he assumed on October 1, 2012. He saw the focus of his first five-year term in office in securing the flexibility and scientific excellence of the research organization. Reimund Neugebauer's second term of office as President of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft began on October 1, 2017 .
Neugebauer is an honorary member of the jury for " Top 100 ", an award for the most innovative medium-sized German companies.
- 2001: Honorary Professor of the Gorbachev University Kuzbass, Kemerovo (Russia)
- 2003: Honorary doctorate from the Moscow State Technological University “Stankin”
- 2005: Federal Cross of Merit 1st class of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 2007: Honorary doctorate from the Brno University of Technology
- 2011: Medal of Honor from the TU Chemnitz
- 2012: Honorary doctorate from the Technical University of Munich , Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Saxon Order of Merit and entry in the Golden Book of the City of Chemnitz as part of an honorary symposium on the farewell to the Technical University of Chemnitz
- 2013: Honorary doctorate from Stellenbosch University , South Africa
- 2014: Honorary doctorate from the Technical University of Prague , Czech Republic, member of the Leopoldina
- 2015: Honorary Doctorate from the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Naples Federico II , Honorary Doctorate from the Technical University of Wroclaw
- 2016: Honorary doctorate from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- 2018: Honorary doctorate from the Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME)
- 2019: Honorary Doctorate from Michigan State University
- Computer-aided preparation of finite element calculation models for machine tool structures. Dissertation. 1984.
- Development of flexible molding sheet metal processing systems. Dissertation B (habilitation thesis). 1989.
- Process reliability in sheet metal working. 1999.
- Hydro forming. 2007.
- Resource efficiency: key technologies for economy and society 2017.
- Digitization: Key Technologies for Economy and Society 2018.
- Literature by and about Reimund Neugebauer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Neugebauer's biography at www.fraunhofer.de
- Rolf Nötzel: Introduced: Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Reimund Neugebauer , TU Spektrum 2/1995, accessed on May 9, 2009.
- Honorary Members - INDUSTRIEVEREIN SACHSEN 1828 eV Accessed on March 8, 2018 .
- http://innovationsdialog.acatech.de/organisation/innovationsdialog/ ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. [-des-steuerkreises0.html Steering Committee of the Innovation Dialogue ]
- 'Members of the High-Tech Forum'
- Media Service Saxony: A Saxon becomes Fraunhofer President , accessed on May 8, 2012.
- Press release of the TU Chemnitz: Change at the top of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft: The Senate of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft elected Prof. Dr. Reimund Neugebauer as future President - In October, Prof. Dr. Follow Hans-Jörg Bullinger , accessed on May 9, 2012.
- Professor Reimund Neugebauer takes up his new office as President of the Fraunhofer Society
- website of the organizer compamedia , accessed on February 2, 2016
- Curriculum Vitae Prof. Dr. Reimund Neugebauer , accessed on November 21, 2016
- Federal Cross offor Chemnitz Scientists , Communication from Chemnitz University of Technology dated November 14, 2005, accessed on November 4, 2010
- Honorary doctorate for institute director Prof. Reimund Neugebauer , idw press release of September 20, 2007, accessed on May 9, 2009
- Award for outstanding services in production technology , accessed on June 19, 2011
- Award for the development of resource-saving production technologies: Prof. Dr. Reimund Neugebauer received an honorary doctorate from the Technical University of Munich
- Award for the development of resource-saving production technologies: Reimund Neugebauer receives an honorary doctorate
- Tillich presents the future Fraunhofer President with the Order of Merit ( Memento from September 26, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Prime Minister Tillich presents the Order of Merit to future Fraunhofer Presidents
- "An excellent bridge builder between university and business"
- Honorary doctorate from Stellenbosch University in recognition of his commitment to a successful collaboration between South Africa and Germany .
- Honorary doctorate from the Czech Technical University in Prague for Prof. Dr. Reimund Neugebauer in recognition of outstanding contributions to the development of machine tools and mechatronics
- Member by Prof. Dr. Reimund Neugebauer (with picture and CV) at the German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina , accessed on June 7, 2016.
- Fraunhofer President receives an honorary doctorate from the University of Naples.
- Award for internationally respected scientist
- Award from Belgium's largest university
- Award from Hungary's Most Important University , accessed on May 31, 2018
- Honorary doctorate from Michigan State University for Prof. Dr. Reimund Neugebauer
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German engineer and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 27, 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Esperstedt|