Rudolf Hans Strahm (born August 3, 1943 in Lauperswil ) is a Swiss economist and politician ( SP ). From 1991 to 2004 he was a national councilor and from 2004 to 2008 he was a price monitor . Strahm has published numerous books on economic policy topics.
Rudolf H. Strahm was born in Emmental in 1943 as the oldest of five siblings. The father was a primary school teacher, the mother took care of the household. After compulsory schooling, Strahm did an apprenticeship as a chemical laboratory assistant . He then graduated from the Burgdorf Engineering School in 1966 as a qualified chemist . In this position he worked for five years in the Basel chemical industry . He then graduated from the University of Bern with a degree in economics .
His other activities to date have included:
- Work at the UNCTAD World Trade Conference in Geneva , 1973/1974
- Lecturer in development economics at the University of Zurich , 1977/1978
- Association management at the Berne Declaration , 1974–1978
- Central Secretary of the SP Switzerland, 1978–1985
- Managing Director and Central Secretary of Friends of Nature Switzerland , 1985–1992
- Founder and managing director of the KSU Environment Coordination Office of the Swiss environmental organizations 1992–1997
- Partner of Strahm Beratungen GmbH since 1997
- Various teaching assignments; current
- President of the Swiss Association for Continuing Education (SVEB), since September 1, 2008
- Columnist , Tages-Anzeiger / Der Bund
Today Strahm lives in Herrenschwanden . He is single and has a son.
Strahm was a member of the National Council from 1991 to 2004 . In this function he was a member of the Commission for Economy and Taxes (President 1999–2001) and the Commission for Science, Education, Culture . Strahm was also a member of the board of the Social Democratic Group of the Federal Assembly , a member of the delegates' assembly of the SP and co-president of the economic and financial policy commission of the SP. From 1991 to 2004, Strahm was also President of the German-speaking Switzerland tenants' association.
From 2004 to October 2008, Strahm was the Swiss price watchdog .
- Overdevelopment - underdevelopment. Workbook with diagrams and comments on the economic mechanisms of poverty. Laetare, Stein 1975, ISBN 3-7839-0555-9 .
- Why they are so poor. Workbook on the development of underdevelopment in the Third World with charts and comments. Peter Hammer Verlag, 1985, ISBN 3-87294-266-2 .
- Business book Switzerland. Sauerländer, Aarau 1987, ISBN 3-7941-3501-6 .
- Rudolf H. Strahm and Simonetta Sommaruga : For a modern Switzerland. A practical reform plan. Verlag Nagel & Kimche, 2005, ISBN 3-312-00356-3 .
- Why we are so rich. Business book Switzerland. Hep, Bern 2008, ISBN 978-3-03905-454-1 .
- Rudolf H. Strahm, Peter Hablützel (ed.): Criticism out of love for Switzerland. Columns and analyzes on politics and the economy. Zytglogge, Oberhofen 2012, ISBN 978-3-7296-0853-5 .
- Rudolf Hans Strahm: The academization trap. With professional biographies by Rahel Eckert-Stauber. Bern 2014, ISBN 978-3-0355-0017-2 ; Tagrid Yousef review : Top-heavy training. @ Spektrum.de
- 2008: Nominated for the SwissAward in the Politics category
- 2011: Honorary doctorate from the University of Bern
- 2012: Columnist of the Year. Awarded by Schweizer Journalist magazine .
- Literature by and about Rudolf Strahm in the catalog of the German National Library
- Rudolf Strahm on the website of the Federal Assembly
- Political profile of Rudolf Strahm (voting behavior in the National Council, 46th legislature, 1999–2003) ( Memento from March 25, 2014 in the web archive archive.today )
- Website by Rudolf Strahm
- Show «Schawinski». Roger Schawinski in conversation with Rudolf Strahm. Video in: SRF 1 from March 24, 2014 ( online, 28 minutes )
- Martin Beglinger: The people's pedagogue. Portrait in: Das Magazin from August 22, 2014
- ( Page no longer available , search in web archives: Assembly of Delegates 2008 ), SVEB website, accessed on July 22, 2011.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Strahm, Rudolf H .; Strahm, Rudolf Hans|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss economist, politician (SP) and publicist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 3, 1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lauperswil , Canton of Bern, Switzerland|