Unified municipality of the city of JerichowCoordinates: 52 ° 24 ′ 39 ″ N , 12 ° 3 ′ 59 ″ E
|Height :||36 m above sea level NHN|
|Incorporation :||July 1, 1950|
|Postal code :||39319|
|Area code :||03933|
Seedorf is a district of the unified municipality of Jerichow in the Jerichower Land district in Saxony-Anhalt .
The village of Seedorf is located 2.6 kilometers south of Nielebock directly on the Elbe-Havel Canal and can be reached via a cul-de-sac.
Seedorf was first mentioned in the loan register of the Magdeburg Archdiocese of 1440, in which it is called "Sedorp". The directory shows that the brothers Gevehard and Hildebrand von Plotho were enfeoffed with the place. The settlement was probably related to an old riverside Ihle located lowland castle . After the Counts of Wartensleben took possession of them , they built a castle on the foundations of the castle. With its high watchtowers, double walls and moats, it was one of the strongest fortifications in the Jerichower Land. It was demolished after World War II . The Elbe-Havel Canal has passed Seedorf directly since 1845. This resulted in the establishment of a brick factory, which was in operation until the First World War . On September 30, 1928, the Seedorf estate was converted into a rural community. On July 1, 1950, the previously independent community became a district of Nielebock.
In 1910 Seedorf had 107 inhabitants. The population increased to 118 in 1939. Until December 31, 2009 Seedorf belonged to Nielebock .
Historical coat of arms
The former community of Seedorf already had a coat of arms-like seal image in its community seal. This was used in the period after the Second World War until around the introduction of the districts and counties in the GDR (1945–1952).
The Seedorf manor chapel was rebuilt in 1868 in place of a church from the 13th century.
- Georg Dehio: Saxony-Anhalt I - Magdeburg district . Arranged by Ute Bednarz, Folkhard Cremer u. a. In: Handbook of German Art Monuments . Deutscher Kunstverlag, Berlin / Munich 2002, ISBN 3-422-03069-7 , p. 853 .
- Seedorf in the historical directory of the association for computer genealogy
- Material on Seedorf Castle in the Duncker Collection of the Central and State Library Berlin (PDF; 238 kB)
- ↑ Main statute of the unified municipality of the city of Jerichow . March 12, 2015, § 14 Local Constitution, p. 4th f . ( Full text [PDF; 87 kB ; accessed on May 18, 2017]).
- ↑ Administrative region of Magdeburg (Ed.): Official Gazette of the Government of Magdeburg . 1928, ZDB -ID 3766-7 , p. 224 .
- ↑ Federal Statistical Office (Ed.): Municipalities 1994 and their changes since 01.01.1948 in the new federal states . Metzler-Poeschel, Stuttgart 1995, ISBN 3-8246-0321-7 , pp. 330 .
- ^ Official register of municipalities for the German Empire . In: Statistisches Reichsamt (Hrsg.): Statistics of the German Reich . 2nd Edition. tape 550 . Publishing house for social policy, economy and statistics, Paul Schmidt, 1941, ZDB -ID 223601-1 , p. 98 .