Serge Lazarevitch (born November 18, 1957 in Saint-Germain-en-Laye ) is a French guitarist and composer who has emerged as an interpreter in the field of jazz and new music .
Live and act
Lazarevitch studied at Berklee College of Music from 1975 to 1979 with Mick Goodrick , Michael Gibbs and John LaPorta . Back in Europe he replaced Bill Frisell in the group Mauve Traffic by Steve Houben and worked with Henri Pousseur . In Belgium he performed with Jacques Pelzer , Félix Simtaine , Michel Herr and Charles Loos (with whom he also recorded). In 1983 he moved to Paris, where he first performed with Antoine Hervé , Enrico Rava , Michel Graillier , Art Lande and Joe Lovano . In 1986 François Jeanneau brought him to the Orchester National de Jazz (where he also played under Claude Barthélemy and lower Didier Levallet ); he also belonged to the bands of Philippe Macé and Charles Loos and founded his own quartet. He also worked with the Ensemble Musique Vivante and the Orchester de'l Paris .
From 1988 to 2010 he coordinated the jazz course at the Perpignan Conservatory as a university professor ; since October 2010 he has been teaching at the Montpellier Conservatory .
- London Baby ( Igloo , 1990)
- Serge Lazarevitch / Bertrand Renaudin Songs (CC Prod 1992)
- Walk with a Lion (Igloo 1993)
- A Few Years Later (Igloo 1997)
- Strange Meeting (2006)
- Joël Allouche / Éric Barret / Serge Lazarevitch Close Meeting ( Cristal Records 2008)
- Serge Lazarevitch / Nicolas Thys / Teun Verbruggen Free Three (Igloo Records 2016)
- Philippe Carles , André Clergeat , Jean-Louis Comolli : Le nouveau dictionnaire du jazz . R. Laffont: Paris 2011
- Biography (France Musique)
- Serge Lazarevitch at Discogs (English)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French guitarist and composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 18, 1957|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Saint-Germain-en-Laye|