|Height :||265 m above sea level NHN|
|Residents :||143 (December 31, 2017)|
|Postal code :||64342|
|Area code :||06257|
Stettbach is surrounded by forest in the Bergstrasse-Odenwald Nature Park on the Bergstrasse in the Odenwald and is traversed by the Stettbach , which leads in a westerly direction down the valley to Jugenheim , where it joins the Quaddelbach to the Landbach . The settlement is part of the district Ober-Beerbach.
In 1420 at the latest, Stettbach was recorded as Stedebach , as a Hademar zu Laber and his wife Walpurg, born Schenk zu Erbach , half of the village with half of all interest and validity was sold to Count Palatine Ludwig the Bearded . In the same year, Schenk Konrad von Erbach took over the contract as buyer. In 1617 a Junker Schrautenbach had four hubs in town. In 1662 the von Frankenstein brothers sell the towns of Allertshofen , Schmal-Beerbach and Stettbach, not as a fief , but as their property and accessories for Frankenstein Castle to the Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt .
Stettbach already belonged to the district of Ober-Beerbach in the late Middle Ages (1699) . At that time there were two places, namely in the western valley the village of Niederstettbach and further upstream Oberstettbach , today's Stettbach. In 1791 there were 85 and 1806 there were 35 inhabitants in 16 houses and it was co-administered by the mayor in Ober-Beerbach.
The statistical-topographical-historical description of the Grand Duchy of Hesse reports on Stettbach in 1829:
»Stettbach (L. Bez. Bensheim) Lutheran Filialdorf; is located 3 St. von Bensheim, and has 22 houses and 146 inhabitants, except for 2 reform. are Lutheran. The place was bought by the Lords of Frankenstein in 1662 in Hesse. "
In 1854 it was still named as a branch village , but from 1871 the place has been consistently designated as a residential area (settlement) of Ober-Beerbach. When census 2011 141 inhabitants were counted.
- History of the districts. In: website. Seeheim-Jugenheim
- Stettbach, Darmstadt-Dieburg district. Historical local dictionary for Hessen. In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS).
- Search for Stettbach in the archive portal-D of the German Digital Library
- Data from the Seeheim-Jugenheim residents' registration office, information from the press and public relations department of the Seeheim-Jugenheim community, September 20, 2018
- Stettbach, Darmstadt-Dieburg district. Historical local lexicon for Hesse (as of August 24, 2018). In: Landesgeschichtliches Informationssystem Hessen (LAGIS). Hessian State Office for Historical Cultural Studies (HLGL), accessed on September 25, 2018 .
- Historically grown community: Ober-Beerbach, Steigerts and Stettbach. In: Website of the Seeheim-Jugenheim community. Accessed December 2019 .
- Hessen-Darmstadt state and address calendar 1791 . In the publishing house of the Invaliden-Anstalt, Darmstadt 1791, p. 128 ( online in the HathiTrust digital library ).
- Hessen-Darmstadt state and address calendar 1806 . In the publishing house of the Invaliden-Anstalt, Darmstadt 1806, p. 128 ( online in the HathiTrust digital library ).
- Georg Wilhelm Justin Wagner : Statistical-topographical-historical description of the Grand Duchy of Hesse: Province of Starkenburg . tape 1 . Carl Wilhelm Leske, Darmstadt October 1829, OCLC 312528080 , p. 242 ( online at google books ).
- Selected data on population and households on May 9, 2011 in the Hessian municipalities and parts of the municipality. (PDF; 1.8 MB) In: 2011 Census . Hessian State Statistical Office