After studying agriculture at the University of Hohenheim and a stay in the USA from 1926 to 1928, Tassilo Tröscher became an official in the Reich Board of Trustees for Technology in Agriculture ; a position he held until 1938. Subsequently, until 1953 he was managing director of the animal body recycling department in the chemistry business group. Already in 1932 he received his doctorate at the Agricultural University in Berlin .
Until 1933 Tröscher belonged to the German Democratic Party . From March 1, 1933 he was a member of the NSDAP ( membership number 1,498,946). After World War II he joined in 1946 into the SPD and was in the same year of the founding members of the Agriculture Committee of the SPD, a year later he founded with Artur from Machui and other agricultural Social Society e. V. (ASG). In 1953 he was appointed ministerial director to the Hessian Ministry of Agriculture and Forests , where he became State Secretary in 1956. From 1967 to 1970 he was the Hessian Minister for Agriculture and Forests. He was then chairman of the agricultural committee in the Hessian state parliament until 1974 .
Tröscher has received several awards for his work. In 1964, the Faculty of Agriculture at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen appointed him an honorary doctorate; In 1968 he received the Great Federal Cross of Merit with a star and shoulder ribbon.
In 1992 he founded the "Tassilo Tröscher Foundation - For People in Rural Areas".
- Hans-Peter Klausch : Brown Legacy. Nazi past Hessian state parliament member 1st – 11th Electoral term (1946–1987) . The Left Group in the Hessian State Parliament, Wiesbaden 2011 ( Download [PDF; 4.2 MB ]).
- Tassilo Tröscher: All of life. Family, job, politics. Publication series for rural social issues, 125th Agrarsocial Society, Göttingen 1995
- Sabine Schneider: burdened democrats. Hessian member of the state parliament of the post-war period between National Socialism and liberalization. Ed. Historical Commission for Hesse ISBN 9783942225458 (therein entries on Tröscher and 10 other people), Sales Hessisches Staatsarchiv Marburg 2019 (series: Publications of the Historical Commission for Hesse 48, 15; & Political and Parliamentary History of the State of Hesse, 47) ( final report to a preliminary report from 2013)
- Literature by and about Tassilo Tröscher in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website of the Tassilo Tröscher Foundation
- Farewell to Tassilo Tröscher - a speech by Heidemarie Wieczorek-Zeul Member of the Bundestag ( Memento from May 21, 2005 in the Internet Archive )
- Hans-Peter Klausch : Brown legacy. Nazi past Hessian state parliament member 1st – 11th Electoral term (1946–1987) . The Left Group in the Hessian State Parliament, Wiesbaden 2011 ( Download [PDF; 4.2 MB ]).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), MdL and Hessian Minister for Agriculture and Forests|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 25, 1902|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Atzenbach , Lörrach district|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 9, 2003|
|Place of death||Wiesbaden|