Life and work
After attending elementary school and high school in Northeim , Lorberg completed an agricultural training and from 1918 took over the management of the Wickstadt estate. From 1945 to 1947 he held the office of President of the Hessen-Nassau Chamber of Agriculture in Frankfurt am Main , from 1947 to 1968 he was President of the German Agricultural Society and from 1952 to 1972 Chairman of the Research and Training Institute for Spirits Production and Fermentation Technology in Berlin.
Lorberg joined the CDU after the Second World War .
- Lorberg was awarded an honorary doctorate by the agricultural faculty of the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen .
- In 1952 he received the Great Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- In 1961 he received the Great Cross of Merit with Star of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- In 1961 he received the Great Delbrück Golden Medal .
- In 1962 the Lorberg Library of the Institute for Fermentation Trade in Berlin was named after him.
- In 1966 he received the Great Cross of Merit with Star and Shoulder Ribbon from the Federal Republic of Germany.
- 100 years of the Institute for Fermentation Industry and Biotechnology in Berlin 1874 to 1974 , publisher: 1. Research and training institute for alcohol production and fermentation technology in Berlin, 2. Research and teaching institute for brewing in Berlin and 3. Research institute for yeast industry eV; Berlin (1974)
- Archived copy ( Memento of the original from April 22, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German farmer and politician (CDU), Hessian State Minister|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 11, 1891|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Moringen|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 19, 1972|
|Place of death||Good Wickstadt|