Timo Stickler (born October 26, 1971 in Aschaffenburg ) is a German ancient historian and university professor .
Stickler received his doctorate in 2002 in Würzburg with a thesis on the late antique general Aëtius under Karlheinz Dietz and then worked as an academic (senior) councilor at the University of Düsseldorf , where he completed his habilitation in the winter semester 2008/9 with a study on Corinth in classical times . At the end of 2010 he was offered a W3 professorship at the University of Jena , where he has been teaching since the 2011/12 winter semester. He is a member of the Catholic student associations KDStV Gothia Würzburg and KDStV Ferdinandea (Prague) Heidelberg .
In his work, Stickler mainly deals with late antiquity and the migration period as well as the ancient Caucasus region .
- "Gallus amore peribat"? Cornelius Gallus and the beginnings of the Augustan rule in Egypt (= ancient historical studies of the University of Würzburg. Vol. 2). Leidorf, Rahden 2002, ISBN 3-89646-832-4 (also: Würzburg, University, Master's thesis, 1996).
- Aetius. Scope of design for a master in the late Western Roman Empire (= Vestigia . Vol. 54). Beck, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-406-48853-6 (also: Würzburg, University, dissertation, 2000).
- The Huns (= Beck series. 2433). Beck, Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-406-53633-5 (In Italian: Gli Unni (= Universale paperbacks Il mulino. 570). Il Mulino, Bologna 2009, ISBN 978-88-15-13043-3 ).
- Corinth and its colonies. The city on the isthmus in the power structure of classical Greece (= Klio . Supplements NF 15). Akademie-Verlag, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-05-004666-2 (also: Düsseldorf, University, habilitation paper, 2009).
- Literature by and about Timo Stickler in the catalog of the German National Library
- Page at the University of Jena
- Timo Stickler on Academia.edu
- ^ Vademecum of the historical sciences . 9th edition 2010/2011, p. 602.
- ^ History in Science and Education . Year 62, 2011, Issue 3/4, p. 252. Research and teaching, habilitations and appointments 1/2011 ( Memento from January 8, 2011 in the Internet Archive ).
- ^ University of Jena, Chair of Ancient History .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German ancient historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 26, 1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Aschaffenburg|