Timothy Paul Andrew Broglio , Timothy P. Broglio for short , (born December 22, 1951 in Cleveland Heights , Ohio ) is an American clergyman and Roman Catholic Archbishop of the US military ordinariate .
Timothy Broglio studied Classical Studies at Boston College after attending Saint Ignatius High School in Cleveland . He entered the seminary and studied Catholic theology and philosophy there and at the Pontifical Gregorian University . On 19 May 1977 he received by Sergio Cardinal Pignedoli the priesthood and was in the parish of St. Margaret Mary in South Euclid, Ohio, operates. In 1979 he returned to Rome and studied at the Pontifical Diplomatic Academy . In 1983 he was awarded a Dr. iur. can. PhD and entered the diplomatic service of the Holy See .
He worked in the nunciatures on the Ivory Coast (1983–1987) and Paraguay (1987–1990), then with responsibility for Central America in the Vatican State Secretariat in Rome and personal secretary to Cardinal Secretary of State Angelo Sodano .
On February 27, 2001, he was appointed Titular Archbishop of Amiternum and Apostolic Nuncio in the Dominican Republic and Apostolic Delegate in Puerto Rico by Pope John Paul II . The episcopal ordination on 19 March 2001. He received his Pope John Paul II himself. Co-consecrators were the Curia Cardinals Angelo Sodano and Giovanni Battista Re .
honors and awards
- Commander of the National Order of Merit of the Republic of Ivory Coast
- Commander of the North Star Order , Sweden
- Grand cross with silver plaque of the Order al Mérito de Duarte, Sánchez y Mella , Dominican Republic
- Grand Officer of the Order Bernardo O'Higgins , Chile
- Commander of the Order “Antonio José de Irisarri” , Guatemala
- Grand Cross of the Order of the Liberator San Martin , Argentina
- Officer of the Order de Mayo al Mérito, Argentina
- Commander of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
- Honorary Chaplain of the Sovereign Order of Malta
|Edwin Frederick O'Brien||
Archbishop of the US Military Ordinary
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Broglio, Timothy Paul Andrew (full name); Broglio, Timothy P.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American clergyman, Roman Catholic archbishop and diplomat|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 22, 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Cleveland Heights , Ohio|