徳 島 市
|Geographical location in Japan|
(October 1, 2019)
|Population density :||1333 inhabitants per km²|
|Community key :||36201-8|
|Flag / coat of arms:|
|Tree :||Elaeocarpus sylvestris var. Ellipticus|
|Flower :||Myrica rubra|
|Bird :||White heron|
Tokushima City Hall
2 - 5 Saiwai-chō
|Location of Tokushima in Tokushima Prefecture|
Tokushima had a population of around 260,000 in 2003, compared with just under 68,000 in 1903.
Tokushima is located south of the Yoshinogawa estuary on the Pacific Ocean . To the southwest of the center is Mount Bizan , whose view is considered one of the “one hundred most beautiful views in Japan ”. Due to the proximity to Honshū , the main Japanese island, there is not only an airport but also a ferry port .
- Tokushima Castle ruins
The four-day Tokushima Awa Odori dance parade from August 12th to 15th is known throughout the country and is accompanied by traditional music .
Tokushima is the home of the Tokushima Vortis football club .
sons and daughters of the town
- Kenshiro Abe (1916–1985), Jūdō teacher
- Haruna Fukuoka (* 1984), table tennis player
- Shinji Himeno (* 1966), painter
- Unno Jūza (1897–1949), writer
- Kenshin Kawakami (born 1975), baseball player
- Mitsuru Maruoka (* 1996), soccer player
- Hayari Miyake , surgeon
- Yūya Nakasaka (born 1997), football player
- Fumi Saimon (* 1957), Mangaka
- Yūki Saneto (* 1989), football player
- Ikki Sasaki (* 1991), soccer player
- Yoshito Sengoku (1946–2018), politician
- Jakuchō Setouchi (* 1922), writer
- Keiko Takemiya (* 1950), Mangaka
- Uke Yutaka , better known as Kai from the GazettE