|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Basic data (as of 2019)|
|County :||Birch field|
|Residents:||7003 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Association structure:||16 municipalities|
|Association administration address
|To Idar 23
|Mayor :||Georg Dräger|
|Location of the community of Rhaunen in the Birkenfeld district|
The Verbandsgemeinde Rhaunen was an administrative unit in the legal form of a regional body in the district of Birkenfeld in Rhineland-Palatinate . The Verbandsgemeinde belonged to 16 independent local congregations, the administrative seat was in the eponymous municipality of Rhaunen . There was a merger to form the new community of Herrstein-Rhaunen from January 1, 2020.
Association members communities
|Local parish||Area (km²)||Residents|
Population figures as of December 31, 2019
The development of the number of inhabitants in relation to the area of today's Verbandsgemeinde Rhaunen; the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
Association municipal council
Due to the upcoming merger of the municipalities of Herrstein and Rhaunen on January 1, 2020, a new structure was already elected in the local elections on May 26, 2019 (see: Result ). The term of office of the previous community councils was extended by state law to December 31, 2019. The Rhaunen municipal council, which is still in office for the entire 2019 calendar year, consists of 22 honorary council members who were elected in a personalized proportional representation in the local elections on May 25, 2014 , and the chairman.
The distribution of seats in the municipal council:
- FL = Free List Verbandsgemeinde Rhaunen eV
- LUB = List of Independent Citizens eV
Georg Dräger (independent) is the representative for the Rhaunen community until December 31, 2019. In the runoff election on June 21, 2009, he was elected mayor of the Verbandsgemeinde with a share of 52.22% of the votes, after none of the original three applicants achieved a sufficient majority in the direct election on June 9, 2009. Dräger is thus the successor to Wolfgang Becker (independent), who retired in 2010. After the eight-year term of office has expired on January 31, 2018, Dräger will continue its official business as a representative, as a new election was waived due to the upcoming merger of the association communities.
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association municipalities
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- State of Rhineland-Palatinate: State law on the merger. Section 2, Paragraph 1, September 3, 2018, accessed on August 14, 2019 .
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Municipal elections 2014, Verbandsgemeinderatswahlen
- Rhein-Zeitung: Georg Dräger becomes the new mayor of the Rhaunen community. Archive Rhein-Zeitung. June 21, 2009, accessed December 14, 2019 .
- Verbandsgemeinde Rhaunen: Minutes of the meeting of the Verbandsgemeinderat Rhaunen on March 7, 2017. Agenda item 3: Local and administrative reform, commissioning the incumbent mayor. March 7, 2017, accessed December 14, 2019 .