Waldemar R. Röhrbein
Waldemar R. Röhrbein (born September 9, 1935 in Hanover , † October 5, 2014 in Emden ) was a German historian . He worked as a museum director and director and was president of the Lower Saxony Heimatbund .
Waldemar R. Röhrbein studied history, English, education and philosophy at the Universities of Göttingen and Hamburg . In the winter semester 1964/65 he received his doctorate at the University of Göttingen with his thesis Hamburg and the Hanoverian Constitutional Conflict, 1837-1840 . In 1965 he entered the museum service.
In 1967 Röhrbein became director of the Göttingen Municipal Museum . From 1976 until his retirement in 1997 he was director of the Historisches Museum am Hohen Ufer in Hanover , and from 1995 to 1997 he was also director of the Kestner Museum . From 1986 to 2001 and again since April 2010, he was deputy chairman of the Heimatbund Lower Saxony . From 1999 to 2004 he was President of the Lower Saxony Homeland Federation.
Röhrbein sat on the advisory board of the Historical Association for Lower Saxony . In 2004 he was awarded the Lower Saxony Order of Merit, 1st class.
Waldemar R. Röhrbein published on the city history of Göttingen and Hanover as well as on the history of Lower Saxony, but also on museums and the local movement. In particular, together with the long-time head of the city archives Hanover , Klaus Mlynek , he was also editor and author
- 1986: The Maschsee in Hanover. Its origins and history , ed. by Waldemar R. Röhrbein, with contributions by Felix zur Nedden , Waldemar R. Röhrbein, Klaus Mlynek, Dieter Tasch , Kaspar Klaffke, Ernst August von der Haar and Peter K.-W. Meyer, Hannover: Schlütersche Verlagsanstalt und Druckerei, 1986, ISBN 978-3-87706-046-9 and ISBN 3-87706-046-3 ; contents
- 1992–1994 History of the City of Hanover , ed. by Klaus Mlynek and Waldemar R. Röhrbein, with the collaboration of Dieter Brosius , Carl-Hans Hauptmeyer , Siegfried Müller and Helmut Plath , Schlütersche publishing house and printing company ,
- Vol. 1: From the beginning to the beginning of the 19th century , 1992, ISBN 3-87706-351-9
- Vol. 2: From the beginning of the 19th century to the present , Hanover 1994, ISBN 3-87706-364-0
and, after his retirement in 1997,
- 2001 the Hanover Chronicle
- 2002 of the Hanoverian Biographical Lexicon
- 2009 of the City Lexicon Hanover
- Sale. The Marienburg of the Guelphs in the focus of interests. In: Lower Saxony (magazine for culture, history, homeland and nature since 1859), 2/2006, pp. 34–35. The same text can be found with small changes under the title: In focus: The Marienburg , in: Förderverein für die Stadtgeschichte von Springe e. V .: Springer Yearbook 2006 , pp. 67–73, 125–126.
- Small city history of Hanover (chronological story, 192 pages), Regensburg: Pustet, 2012, ISBN 978-3-7917-2311-2
- Waldemar R. Röhrbein (ed.), Hugo Thielen (arrangement): Jewish personalities in Hanover's history , completely revised, expanded and updated new edition, Hanover: Lutherisches Verlagshaus, 2013, ISBN 978-3-7859-1163-1
- Simon Benne: The great explainer / mourning a down-to-earth scholar: the long-time museum director Waldemar Röhrbein is dead. In: Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung of October 7, 2014, p. 18.
- Ernst Böhme: Obituary for Waldemar R. Röhrbein. In: Göttinger Jahrbuch 62 (2014), p. 5f.
- Literature by and about Waldemar R. Röhrbein in the catalog of the German National Library
- ↑ All information in this article, unless supported by other literature, according to: Klaus Mlynek, Waldemar R. Röhrbein (Ed.): Editor . Authors , in: Stadtlexikon Hannover, p. 702.
- ↑ Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Library : Lower Saxony people, database. Retrieved October 24, 2010 .
- ↑ Hanover's city historian is dead , in: Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung online from October 6, 2014, accessed on October 6, 2014
- ↑ a b obituary notice , in: Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung online from October 8, 2014, accessed on October 8, 2014
- ^ Klaus Mlynek: A museum director is retiring. Waldemar R. Röhrbein says goodbye to the Historical Museum. In: home country. Journal for local history, nature conservation, cultural care. Hannover, 1997, pp. 171-174.
- ↑ Heimatland, published by Heimatbund Niedersachsen, Issue 4/2010, December 2010, p. 158.
- ^ Website of the association on the board of directors and advisory boards ( Memento from January 20, 2011 in the Internet Archive )
- ^ Röhrbein as editor is not mentioned in the database of the German National Library, but in the Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Library
- ↑ The Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Library only lists Klaus Mlynek as editor in its database.
|SURNAME||Röhrbein, Waldemar R.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian, author and museum director|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 9, 1935|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hanover|
|DATE OF DEATH||5th October 2014|
|Place of death||Emden|