Walter Eckhardt (born March 23, 1906 in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe , † January 1, 1994 in Feldafing ) was a German ministerial official and politician ( GB / BHE , CSU ).
Eckhardt, who was Protestant , attended pre-school and high school in Bad Homburg. From 1924 to 1928 he studied law and philosophy at the universities of Frankfurt , Kiel and Marburg , where he also received his doctorate. Since 1924 he organized himself in the Jungstahlhelm and was a member of the Corps Teutonia Marburg since 1925 .
After training as a court trainee and working as an assistant judge at the Frankfurt / Main District Court, Eckhardt joined the Reich Finance Administration in 1931, where he was initially a clerk in various tax offices. In 1933 he became a member of the NSDAP ( membership number 2,393,809) as a government assessor and a few months later of the SA. Employment at the Hanau tax office and the Reich Finance Schools in Herrsching and Berlin followed , before he joined the Reich Finance Ministry in 1939 and was promoted to Ministerialrat until 1944 . From 1942 he was seconded to the Economic Department of the Reich Ministry for the Occupied Eastern Territories , then also deployed as a War Administrator in the Economic Staff East. In this function he was temporarily a member of the supervisory board of Zentralhandelsgesellschaft Ost .
After serving in the war and being a prisoner of war in the UK , he began to work in Bielefeld in 1948 as an in-house lawyer and from 1949 in Munich as a lawyer and tax advisor . After he had been grouped as "exonerated" in Bielefeld as part of the denazification, the Bavarian State Office for Reparation demanded that the proceedings be reopened, but this was rejected there.
Eckhardt was the Bavarian state chairman and federal chairman of the German Union in 1949/50 . From 1950 to 1954 he was a member of the Bavarian State Parliament . From 1953 to the 1957 Bundestag election, from December 27, 1957, when he replaced Otto Freiherr von Feury , until 1961 and again from July 21, 1964, when he replaced his late party friend Josef Lermer , until 1969 he was a member of the German Bundestag . Originally elected for the GB / BHE, he left the parliamentary group with the "K.-O. group" around Waldemar Kraft and Theodor Oberländer on July 12, 1955. On July 15, 1955, he became a guest of the CDU / CSU parliamentary group, of which he became a member after joining the CSU on March 20, 1956. Until his parliamentary group change he was deputy chairman of the GB / BHE group. From July 1, 1954 to July 1, 1956 Eckhardt was also a member of the European Parliament .
From 1955 he again ran a law practice with a focus on tax law in Bonn .
The historical revisionist association “ Zeitgeschichtliche Forschungsstelle Ingolstadt ” has been awarding the so-called Dr. Walter Eckhardt Honorary Gift for contemporary history research since 1986 .
- with Harry von Rosen-von Hoewel : German constitutional history from the Germanic people's state to the Third Reich. Kohlhammer Verlag, Leipzig 1940 (= reorganization of law and economy , issue 13, part 3); under the title: German Constitutional History , Kohlhammer Verlag, Stuttgart; Schwann Verlag, Düsseldorf 1955 (= Schaeffer's Outline of Law and Economics , Section II, Vol. 26); Kohlhammer Verlag, Stuttgart 1971.
- Is the German Bundestag lazy? In: Finanz Rundschau , 1965, issue 14, pp. 311–312.
- From the profession of our time to legislation. Savigny and the present . In: Gerhard Thoma , Ursula Niemann: The interpretation of the tax laws in science and practice , Cologne 1965, pp. 39–55.
- Walter Eckhardt in the parliamentary database at the House of Bavarian History
- Short biography - project "Officials of National Socialist Reich Ministries"
- Literature by and about Walter Eckhardt in the catalog of the German National Library
- ↑ Kösener Corpslisten 1960, 102 , 1208.
- ↑ Helmut Violence: Members of the Bundestag / I.–X. Legislative period of former NSDAP and / or branch memberships ( Memento from January 18, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) (PDF file, accessed on November 22, 2011; 63 kB).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CSU), MdL, MdB, MdEP|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 23, 1906|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bad Homburg vor der Höhe|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 1, 1994|
|Place of death||Feldafing|