Economics , including economics , is one of the subject areas in the school curriculum . It conveys the basics of the world of work and business and forms the basis of professional orientation , preparation and training .
Economics in the subject canon
- Subject association geography, economics and community studies (Baden-Württemberg)
- Geography-Economy-Community Studies (Baden-Württemberg)
- Economy and Law (Bavaria and Thuringia)
- Economics ( Saarland )
- Work-Economy-Technology ( Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania )
In North Rhine-Westphalia, economics is to be introduced as the school subject “economics and politics” at more than 600 high schools from the 2019/2020 school year.
In Austria, economics is integrated into other subjects as part of general education :
- In elementary school (primary level), the content is conveyed within the non-technical and technical classes .
- In the lower and upper grades of the secondary school and general secondary school , it is integrated into the subject geography and economics (GW, GuW, GWK).
Vocational schools :
- Business lessons
- Business law in the context of political education (POL): labor law, social law, representation of interests, labor market, movement of people in the EU
- At higher technical, commercial and arts and crafts schools (BHS / HTL , FS, etc.), economics lessons are divided into the subjects of economics and technology and law and political education , the subjects of which are:
The practical course in economics is supplemented, for example, with the compulsory vocational orientation exercise (BO) at the secondary schools and secondary schools, non- compulsory exercises such as occupational orientation and educational information (UBB), as well as internships or taster apprenticeships in which the direct interaction with business is experienced.
Business lessons as further vocational training and in -service training are also offered by educational institutions such as BFI , WIFI , professional associations , chambers , adult education centers, etc.
Economics school types
In addition to the vocational schools , in which subject-oriented economics and practical training form the actual teaching content, the following types of economics school can be found:
- Commercial academy , vocational college in Austria
- Commercial school , secondary vocational school in Germany, vocational middle school in Austria
- Higher commercial school in Germany
- Higher education institute for business professions in Austria
- Technical school for business professions in Austria
- Wirtschaftsgymnasium , a higher school type in Germany
- Wirtschaftskundliches Realgymnasium , school of higher education in Austria
Business didactics in the teaching profession
The Austrian teacher training course in geography and economics "aims to impart fundamental content-related and methodological knowledge in the relevant subject areas, to introduce independent scientific work and to develop the ability to network the acquired knowledge and methodological competencies in a thematically and didactically multi-perspective manner. “In addition, scientific and didactic methods and working techniques are taught.
According to information from the University of Vienna , the career prospects for a teaching position in economics are "not particularly good", but it is pointed out that in this increasingly highly specialized sector, the generalist business teacher also has good opportunities to take up a career outside of the teaching sector "- which is not so rare in practice. "
- Community studies , also social studies or political education
- Economic education
- Subject association geography, economics and community studies (in Germany)
- Jonas Gerding, Julian Kutzim, Jakob Struller: Treacherous tutoring. In: The time. April 16, 2014 ( zeit.de ).
- Teaching materials on economics. Tiroler Bildungsservice (TIBS), working groups of geography and economics teachers at the secondary schools in Tyrol, archived from the original on May 19, 2003 ; accessed on November 17, 2008 (bildungsserver.at).
- With the new school subject economics, the teacher gap becomes a problem. Die Welt , Aug. 8, 2019, accessed on August 9, 2019 .
- instruction . In: BMUKK (Hrsg.): Curriculum of the elementary school and the elementary school upper level, elementary school . August 2006, seventh part, educational and teaching tasks as well as teaching material and didactic principles of the compulsory subjects ( bmukk.gv.at [PDF; accessed on November 17, 2008] Federal Law Gazette II No. 314/2006,).
- Work education. Educational and teaching task . In: BMUKK (ed.): Curriculum of the elementary school . June 2003, Part Six ( bmukk.gv.at [PDF; accessed on October 23, 2008]).
- Geography and Economics . In: BMUKK (Hrsg.): Lehrplan Hauptschule . ( bmukk.gv.at [PDF; accessed on November 17, 2008]).
- Geography and Economics . In: BMUKK (Hrsg.): AHS lower level curriculum . ( bmukk.gv.at [PDF; accessed on October 23, 2008]).
- Geography and Economics. Educational and teaching task . In: BMUKK (Hrsg.): AHS lower level curriculum . ( bmukk.gv.at [PDF; accessed on November 17, 2008]).
- Geography and Economics. Educational and teaching task . In: BMUKK (Hrsg.): Curriculum AHS upper level . ( bmukk.gv.at [PDF; accessed on November 17, 2008]).
- Geography and Economics. For deepening and expanding the educational content of compulsory subjects . In: BMUKK (Hrsg.): Curriculum AHS upper level . ( bmukk.gv.at [PDF; accessed on November 17, 2008]).
- Current regulation of the Federal Minister for Education, Science and Culture, with which the curricula for vocational schools are changed. General part / curriculum . In: BMUKK (Ed.): Curriculum Vocational Schools . 2008 ( abc.berufsbildendeschulen.at [PDF; accessed on November 23, 2008]).
- BMUKK (ed.): General part / curriculum . D, S. 37-41 .
- BMUKK (ed.): General part / curriculum . A, S. 21st f .
- General educational goal, school-independent curriculum provisions, didactic principles and common subjects at the higher technical and commercial teaching institutions . In: BMUKK (ed.): Curriculum for higher technical and commercial (including arts and crafts) educational institutions . 2008 ( bmukk.gv.at [accessed on November 23, 2008]).
- BMUKK (ed.): General educational goal / curricula for higher technical educational establishments . IId. Provisions regarding the subject matter and placement in the teaching obligation groups.
- BMUKK (ed.): General educational goal / curricula for higher technical educational establishments . V. Common subjects: educational and teaching tasks as well as distribution of the subject matter to the school levels.
- Education: career orientation. BMUKK media pool, accessed on November 17, 2008 .
- quote from the subject geography and economics → course content. University of Vienna , accessed on November 17, 2008 .