Calendar overview 898
|Charles III becomes king of France .|
|898 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||346/347 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1441/42 (southern Buddhism); 1440/41 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||59th (60th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||260/261 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||284/285 (January 27-28)|
|Jewish calendar||4658/59 (September 20-21)|
from urbe condita MDCLI (1651)
Diocletian's era : 614/615 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1208/09 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1209/10 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||954/955 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Charles III becomes king of the west of France again as the successor of Odo von Paris . He has to make far-reaching concessions to the powerful French nobles.
- Essen and Nördlingen are first mentioned in a document.
- January: John IX. is elected Pope by the Formosian party at the instigation of Emperor Lambert von Spoleto . Sergius III, who was simultaneously appointed antipope by anti- formosians. is driven out at gunpoint.
- January 1st : Odo of Paris , King of West Franconia (* around 865 )
- October 15 : Lambert von Spoleto , Frankish Emperor (* around 875 )