Calendar overview 901
mentioned in a document.
|Adelheid von Friuli , second wife of King Ludwig II of West Franconia , dies.|
|901 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||349/350 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1444/45 (southern Buddhism); 1443/44 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||59th (60th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||263/264 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||288/289 (turn of the year December 15/16)|
|Jewish calendar||4661/62 (September 16-17)|
from urbe condita MDCLIV (1654)
Diocletian's era : 617/618 (turn of the year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1211/12 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1212/13 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||957/958 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- February: Ludwig III. is crowned emperor by Pope Benedict IV in Rome .
- April 11 : Hungarian invasions : The Hungarians are repulsed by a Bavarian contingent east of Vienna on the Fischa .
- Moravian ambassadors appear at the Reichstag in Regensburg . You request and receive peace.
- The Hungarians are beginning to settle in what is now Hungary .
Founding of cities and first mentions in documents
- Brixen is mentioned as Meierhof Prihsna in a deed of donation from the Carolingian Ludwig IV to Bishop Zacharias von Säben for the first time.
- The English city of Shrewsbury is first mentioned in a document.
Science, technology and culture
- August: The Japanese Imperial Chronicle Nihon Sandai Jitsuroku is completed.
- February 12th : Antonios II. Kauleas , Patriarch of Constantinople
- February 18 : Thabit ibn Qurra , Syrian universal scholar (* 826 )
- July 8 : Grimbald , German Benedictine and saint (* 827 )
- November 10th : Adelheid of Friuli , second wife of King Ludwig II of West Franconia (* 850 )