Konrad the Younger , Duke of Franconia ,
is elected King of Eastern Franconia in Forchheim .
|911 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||359/360 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1454/55 (southern Buddhism); 1453/54 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||273/274 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||298/299 (turn of the year 28/29 August)|
|Jewish calendar||4671/72 (August 26-27)|
ab urbe condita MDCLXIV (1664)
Diocletian's era : 627/628 (turn of the year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1221/22 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1222/23 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||967/968 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- July 11th : After numerous attacks in northern France, the Norman Rollo receives the Seine estuary as a fief from Charles the Simple in the Treaty of Saint-Clair-sur-Epte . This contract, which has not been received in writing, is considered to be the “birth deeds” of Normandy . Rollo is then baptized, marries Gisela, an illegitimate daughter of Karl, and takes an oath of allegiance to Karl, for which he in turn receives his land as a fief.
- April 26th : After the death of his brother Wilfried II Borrell, Sunyer I becomes Count of Barcelona , Girona and Osona from the House of Barcelona . In terms of foreign policy, he gave up the defensive stance of his predecessors and attacked the Moorish states in the south with varying degrees of success. Sunyer goes to great lengths in its counties, especially settlement policies in Ausona. He strengthens the position of the church, gives her land and thus income.
- 7th to 10th November : Konrad the Younger , Duke of Franconia , is elected King of Eastern Franconia in Forchheim . This is sometimes considered the founding date of the Holy Roman Empire .
Republic of Venice
- After the death of Pietro Tribuno , the office of Doge of Venice remains vacant for several months until the electoral college can agree on a successor.
- September 2 : Emissaries of the Varangian Prince Oleg sign a contract in Constantinople that regulates trade between the Kievan Rus and the Byzantine Empire and the legal status of Russian merchants. The existing differences that had led to armed conflicts are being resolved.
- February 28 : Abū ʿAbdallāh al-Shīʿī , who made a decisive contribution to the establishment of the Fatimid Empire but played a dubious role in a conspiracy between missionaries (du'at) and Kutāma leaders , is murdered at the behest of the caliph Abdallah al-Mahdi , who so that his power may be consolidated.
Anastasius III. is the successor of Sergius III , who died on April 14th . elected pope . There are virtually no records of him. His pontificate falls into the time of the rule of Roman nobles over Rome and the rule of mistresses .
Date of death secured
- February 28 : Abū ʿAbdallāh al-Shīʿī , Ismaili missionary and founder of Fatimid rule in North Africa
- April 14 : Sergius III. , Pope
Exact date of death unknown
- September 20 or 24 : Ludwig the child , King of East Franconia (* 893 )
- 5th or 23rd November : Burchard I , Duke of Swabia, Margrave in Raetia (* around 860 )
- Æthelred , Vice-King of Mercia
- Pietro Tribuno , Doge of Venice