Calendar overview 906
Moravian Empire under Mojmir II
is defeated and smashed by the Hungarians .
|906 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||354/355 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1449/50 (southern Buddhism); 1448/49 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||268/269 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||293/294 (turn of the year 21/22 October)|
|Jewish calendar||4666/67 (September 21/22)|
from urbe condita MDCLIX (1659)
Diocletian's era : 622/623 (November turn of the year)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1216/17 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1217/18 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||962/963 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Hungarian invasions : The Great Moravian Empire defeats the Hungarians in several battles, in which the Moravian ruler Mojmír II is killed.
- Babenberg feud : Adalbert von Babenberg attacks the Konradines near Fritzlar. In the battle Konrad the Elder falls , whose son Konrad the Younger follows his father as margrave. Adalbert is arrested and beheaded for breach of the peace.
- January 6th : The Byzantine Emperor Leo VI. marries Zoe Karbonopsina , the mother of his son Konstantin , in her fourth marriage . This leads to the tetragamy dispute with Nicholas I , the Patriarch of Constantinople .
- The Aghlabids under Ziyadat Allah III. lead a second unsuccessful campaign against the neighboring Kutāma Berber under Abū ʿAbdallāh al-Shīʿī .
- around 906: Raffelstetten customs regulations