Calendar overview 907
Battle of Pressburg
probably leads to the fall of the Great Moravian Empire .
|907 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||355/356 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1450/51 (southern Buddhism); 1449/50 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||269/270 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||294/295 (New Year 11/12 October)|
|Jewish calendar||4667/68 (9/10 September)|
from urbe condita MDCLX (1660)
Diocletian's era : 623/624 (turn of the year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1217/18 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1218/19 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||963/964 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- 4th July : Hungarian invasions : In the Battle of Pressburg, Margrave Luitpold of Bavaria pulls an army against the Hungarians , but loses battle and life.
- August 9th : In the last of three battles near Pressburg the Hungarians defeat a Bavarian army and destroy them. The defeat enables future Hungarian incursions into Eastern Franconia and probably leads to the fall of the Great Moravian Empire, allied with Bavaria .
- First mention of Pressburg ("Brezelauspurc"), where the Bavarians lose to the Hungarians Pannonia
- Because he refuses in the so-called tetragamy dispute, which the Byzantine Emperor Leo VI last year . To legitimize his closed fourth marriage with Zoe Karbonopsina , Nicholas I is deposed as Patriarch of Constantinople . Euthymios I is used as his successor.
- Oleg , Prince of Kiev and founder of the Kievan Rus , attacks Constantinople with his fleet . But he cannot take the heavily fortified metropolis. Instead, he lets their surroundings wreak havoc. The Byzantine Emperor Leo VI. pays tribute and offers trade privileges.
- Sancho I defeats the Moors near Pamplona .
- The Islamic dynasty of the Banu Qasi conquered large parts of Ribagorza County on the Iberian Peninsula.
Empire of China
- Chancellor Zhu Wen deposed Tang Aidi , the last emperor of the Tang Dynasty , and proclaimed the Later Liang Dynasty . The time of the Five Dynasties and Ten Empires in China begins.
- After Theotmar's death in the Battle of Pressburg , Pilgrim I becomes Archbishop of Salzburg .
- Dracholf becomes Bishop of Freising . He follows Utto, who died in the Battle of Pressburg .
- November 26 : Rosendo de Celanova , Bishop of Mondoñedo († 977 )
- Turketel , councilor under four English kings and abbot in Croyland monastery († 975 )
- around 907: Berta von Alamannien , queen and wife of Rudolf II. († 966 )
Date of death secured
- May 2 : Boris I , Prince of Bulgaria (* around 828 )
- May 11th : Egilmar , Bishop of Osnabrück
- 4th July : Luitpold , Margrave in Carantania and Upper Pannonia
- July 4th : Theotmar , Archbishop of Salzburg
- July 6th : Utto , Bishop of Freising
Exact date of death unknown
- between June and October: Gisela von Nivelles , abbess of the monastery Nivelles and Fosses-la-Ville (* between 860 and 865 )
- Alain I , Prince of the Bretons