Calendar overview 827
|Saracens land in Lilybaeum , which they rename Marsala , and begin the conquest of Sicily .|
|827 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||275/276 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1370/71 (southern Buddhism); 1369/70 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||58th (59th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||189/190 (turn of the year April)|
|Iranian calendar||205/206 (around March 21)|
|Islamic calendar||211/212 (April 1-2)|
|Jewish calendar||4587/88 (September 25-26)|
from urbe condita MDLXXX (1580)
Diocletian's era : 543/544 (November turn of the year)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1137/38 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1138/39 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||883/884 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Caliph Al-Ma'mun from the Abbasid dynasty elevates the doctrine of the Mutazilids to a state doctrine.
- After the insurgent Byzantine Admiral Euphemios in North Africa ruling Aghlabids has requested military aid, sent the Emir of Tunis, Ziyadat Allah I. , an invading army of Sicily . The Saracens, under the command of Asad ibn al-Furāt al-Harrānī, conquered Marsala, the first city for Islam in Italy , and then Mazara . Euphemios fell in the summer during the unsuccessful siege of Enna , but the Arabs continued their campaign. The siege of Syracuse begins in autumn.
- After Agnello Particiaco's death , his son Giustiniano took over the post of Doge of Venice without an election . The tribunician family of Particiaco will be one of the most important families in Venice for the next hundred years.
- After the death of Eugene II on August 27, Valentin becomes Pope for a short time , but he dies on September 16 . Gregory IV is elected his successor in October in the Roman church of Santi Cosma e Damiano . Before his consecration, he obtained the consent of the Frankish emperor Ludwig .
- August 27th : Eugene II , Pope
- September 16 : Valentine , Pope
- Hildegrim von Chalons , abbot of Werden monastery, bishop of Châlons-sur-Marne, missionary in Halberstadt and saint of the Catholic Church (* around 760 )
- Ludeca , King of Mercia
- Agnello Particiaco , Doge of Venice