Calendar overview 900
|Saffarids under Amr ibn Laith are defeated by the Samanids under Ismail I in battle and lose Khorasan .|
|900 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||348/349 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1443/44 (southern Buddhism); 1442/43 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||59th (60th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||262/263 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||286/ 287 /288 (Year 6/7 January. // 25/26. December)|
|Jewish calendar||4660/61 (August 27-28)|
ab urbe condita MDCLIII (1653)
Diocletian's era : 616/617 (turn of the year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1210/11 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1211/12 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||956/957 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Ludwig the child , the only legitimate son of Emperor Arnolf of Carinthia , who died the previous year , was elected King of Eastern Franconia in the Forchheim Palatinate at the age of six . The most influential advisers of the last East Franconian Carolingian are Bishop Hatto I of Mainz and Bishop Solomon III. from Constance .
- Ludwig III. Bosonides from the family of Buviniden is king of the Lombards in Italy .
- After the death of Donald II , his cousin Constantine II becomes King of Scotland . At the beginning of his rule he had to fend off Viking raids in the north and west.
- The settlement of the place Sandur on the Faroe Islands during the Viking Age on the Faroe Islands can be narrowed down to "1100 years ago" according to archaeological investigations from 2006. British researchers speak of the 3rd or 4th generation of Vikings in the Faroe Islands. It is the oldest find so far from the Nordic conquest of the archipelago.
- The Saffarids under Amr ibn Laith are defeated by the Samanids under Ismail I in battle and lose Khorasan .
- around 900: The classic Mayan city of Tikal goes under. A prolonged period of drought may be the cause of the downfall.
First documentary mentions
- In the Abbey are produced by Abbot Hoger probably the Musica enchiriadis , a treatise on singing the Organums .
Historical maps and views
- Fujiwara no Saneyori , Regent of Japan († 970 )
- around 900: Adaldag , Bishop of Schleswig and Archbishop of Hamburg († 988 )
- around 900: Berengar II , Margrave of Ivrea and King of Italy († 966 )
- around 900: Berthold , Duke of Bavaria († 947 )
- around 900: Gero , Archbishop of Cologne († 976 )
- around 900: Johannes von Gorze , Lorraine monk, diplomat, land manager and monastery reformer († 974 )
- around 900: Konrad I von Altdorf , Bishop of Konstanz († 975 )
- around 900: Ramiro II the Great , King of León († 951 )
- around 900: Ramwold , Franconian abbot († 1000 )
- around 900: Wichfrid , Archbishop of Cologne († 953 )
- around 900: Wilhelm III. , Duke of Aquitaine and Count of Poitou, Limoges and Auvergne († 963 )
Date of death secured
- June 17th : Fulko the Venerable , Archbishop of Reims and Frankish Arch Chancellor
- July 7th : Wolfhelm , Bishop of Munster
- August 13 : Zwentibold , King of Lotharingen (* 870 or 871 )
- October 31st : Roger , Earl of Maine
Exact date of death unknown
Died around 900
- Hákon Grjótgarðsson , Jarl von Lade