Calendar overview 947
|Mathilde founds Enger Abbey .|
|947 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||395/396 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1490/91 (southern Buddhism); 1489/90 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||309/310 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||335/336 (turn of the year 22/23 July)|
|Jewish calendar||4707/08 (September 17-18)|
from urbe condita MDCC (1700)
Diocletian's era : 663/664 (November turn of the year)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1257/58 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1258/59 (New Year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1003/04 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- In China , during the Five Dynasties and Ten Empires , Liu Zhiyuan founds the Later Han Dynasty , which replaces the Later Jin Dynasty .
- August 15 : In a rearguard action suffers Abu Yazid , leader of the insurgent Ibadites , one wounded and taken prisoner of the Fatimids , where he arrived on August 19 succumbed to his injury. Caliph Ismail al-Mansur can thus consolidate his rule in Ifrīqiya .
First documentary mentions
- March 27th : Ichtershausen is first mentioned in a document from Otto I.
- May 4th : Herrhausen am Harz is first mentioned in a document.
- Queen Mathilde founds Enger Abbey .
- The foundation of the Einsiedeln monastery is confirmed by Otto I.
- April 10th : Hugo I , King of Italy
- August 19 : Abū Yazīd , Berber rebel leader of the Ibadites in Ifriqiya (* 873 )
- November 23 : Berthold , Duke of Bavaria