Calendar overview 957
|Aschaffenburg is first mentioned in a document.|
|957 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||405/406 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1500/01 (southern Buddhism); 1499/1500 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||319/320 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||345/346 (turn of the year April 3rd / 4th)|
|Jewish calendar||4717/18 (August 28-29)|
from urbe condita MDCCX (1710)
Diocletian's era : 673/674 (November turn of the year)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1267/68 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1268/69 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1013/14 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- September 6th : Liudolf von Schwaben, who had been given grace by his father Otto the Great the previous year , dies surprisingly of a fever on a campaign against Berengar von Ivrea in Italy . Berengar then takes over again as king in Italy.
- Mercia and Northumbria renounce - probably at the instigation of Abbot Dunstan - from the Kingdom of England under Eadwig and recognize his younger brother Edgar as king. Thereupon Dunstan has Eadwig banished from the kingdom.
- Wilfried II , Count of Besalú from the House of Barcelona , is murdered by his own vassals and dies without male heirs. His older brother Sunifred II , Count of Cerdanya and Conflent , takes over his brother's county.
- Archbishop Brun of Cologne , also Duke of Lorraine , invades the county of Hainaut together with the West Franconian King Lothar and defeats Count Reginar III. who attacked Brussels last year . His family is captured and he has to give up all conquered areas.
First documentary mentions
- First documentary mention of Aschaffenburg and Nordhausen
- The Portuguese town of Sangalhos is first mentioned in a document.
- 956 /957: Romanos , son of the Byzantine emperor . Constantine VII , marries Anastaso , the daughter of an innkeeper.
- 955 /957: Christianization of Rus : When visiting Konstantin Opel at Kaiser . Constantine VII can be Olga of Kiev , regent of the Kievan Rus baptized.
- September 6th : Liudolf , Duke of Swabia (* 930 or 931 )
- September 19 : Lantpert , Bishop of Freising (* around 895 )
- September: al-Masʿūdī , Arab philosopher, geographer and historian (* around 895 )