Calendar overview 958
|Harald I. Blue Tooth becomes King of Denmark .|
|958 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||406/407 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1501/02 (southern Buddhism); 1500/01 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||320/321 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||346/347 (turn of the year March 24th / 25th)|
|Jewish calendar||4718/19 (September 15/16)|
ab urbe condita MDCCXI (1711)
Diocletian's era : 674/675 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1268/69 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1269/70 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1014/15 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Ordoño IV. With the help of Fernán González , Count of Castile , drives out Sancho I and becomes King of León .
- A serious illness of Otto I contributed to a serious crisis in Eastern Franconia in addition to the surprising death of his son Liudolf in the previous year . Berengar II of Ivrea uses them to continue to consolidate his power, although formally he only holds Italy as Otto's fief . In addition to northern Italy , his interests are directed against the papal patrimony of Petri .
- Count Reginar III. of Hainaut is exiled to Bohemia, his goods are of Duke Brun confiscated and fall to the Duchy of Lorraine . Reginar's underage sons Reginar IV and Lambert I forfeit their right of inheritance and flee to western France.
- 936 /958: Harald I Bluetooth is succeeding his late father Gorm King of Denmark .
- 957 /958: . Mastalus II becomes the first Duke of the newly founded Duchy of Amalfi selected.
- Under King Gwangjong , the Gwageo , a state examination for civil servants , is introduced in the Korean empire Goryeo .
- Bagrat II succeeds his late father Sumbat I as King and Kuropalates of Georgia .
- Basil II , Emperor of the Byzantine Empire († 1025 )
- Jayavarman V , King of the Khmer Empire of Angkor († 1001 )
- Rinchen Sangpo , Tibetan Buddhist monk and translator († 1055 )
- Samuil , Tsar of the Bulgarians († 1014 )
- Hartmann von Lobdeburg , landlord in Auhausen
- Regelinda , Duchess of Swabia
- Wulfsige II , Bishop of Sherborne