Calendar overview 936
Otto I is crowned King of Eastern Franconia as the successor to his father Heinrich I
in Aachen .
|936 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||384/385 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1479/80 (southern Buddhism); 1478/79 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||298/299 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||324/325 (turn of the year 18/19 November)|
|Jewish calendar||4696/97 (September 18-19)|
from urbe condita MDCLXXXIX (1689)
Diocletian's era : 652/653 (November turn of the year)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1246/47 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1247/48 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||992/993 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- King Heinrich I has his son Otto I recognized as his successor at the Erfurt court . After his death on July 2nd, Otto was crowned and anointed by the archbishops of Cologne and Mainz on August 7th in the old imperial palace of Aachen and allowed the dukes to function in the Carolingian court offices (marshal, chamberlain, treasurer, cupbearer). In addition to the Ostmark, he founds the Nordmark (Northern Elbe) and enfeoffs Hermann Billung with it . The widow, Queen Mathilde , founds the canonical monastery of St. Servatius near Quedlinburg .
- Duke Boleslaw I of Bohemia breaks away from German suzerainty. Saxon and Thuringian troops who want to prevent him from doing so suffer a devastating defeat on July 28th under their military leader Asic .
- In West Franconia , Duke Hugo the Great prevented the election of Duke Hugo of Burgundy , brother of Rudolf of Burgundy , and brought about the election of 15-year-old Ludwig IV , son of the Carolingian Karl III. to the throne. Coming from exile in England, Ludwig ends up in Boulogne .
- June 19 : Archbishop Artold von Reims crowns Ludwig IV in Laon as King of West Franconia .
Empire of China
- Period of Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period : Shi Jingtang is Emperor of China . The Later Jin Dynasty replaces the Later Tang Dynasty .
First documentary mentions
- Calbe is first mentioned in a document.
- The city of Soltau is first mentioned in a document as "Curtis Salta" (Hof an der Salzaue).
- January 3 : Leo VII follows John XI , who died in the previous year in the captivity of his half-brother, the Roman prince Alberich II . as Bishop of Rome . He is a supporter of the Cluniac Reform .
- Archbishop Unni of Hamburg , who is missionary at the Schlei , goes on a missionary trip to Denmark and Sweden and dies there in Birka . He was followed by Adaldag the next year .
- Odilo becomes abbot of the Stablo monastery .
- May 30 : Abū l-Hasan al-Qābisī , Malikite hadith and fiqh scholar in North Africa during the rule of the Zīrids (d. 1012 )
- September 24th : Adud ad-Daula , Persian ruler (died 983 )
- January 15 : Rudolf of Burgundy , Duke of Burgundy and King of Western France (* before 890)
- July 2 : Heinrich I , Duke of the Saxons and King of Eastern Franconia (* around 876 )
- July 24th : Hilduin , Bishop of Liège and Verona, Archbishop of Milan
- July 28th : Asic , Saxon nobleman and military leader of Heinrich I.
- September 17th : Unni , Archbishop of Bremen-Hamburg and first missionary in Scandinavia