Calendar overview 931
|Abd al-Rahman III. from Córdoba crosses with troops to Morocco and conquers Ceuta .|
|931 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||379/380 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1474/75 (southern Buddhism); 1473/74 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||293/294 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||318/319 (turn of the year 23/24 January)|
|Jewish calendar||4691/92 (September 14-15)|
from urbe condita MDCLXXXIV (1684)
Diocletian's era : 647/648 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1241/42 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1242/43 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||987/988 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- King Hugo I of Italy leaves his possession Lower Burgundy to Rudolf II of Burgundy and becomes the undisputed master of Italy. He appoints his son Lothar as co-regent.
Iberian Peninsula / North Africa
- May 29 : After the death of his uncle Jimeno , the twelve-year-old García I formally takes over the rule of the Kingdom of Navarre as king under the reign of his mother Toda Aznárez .
- King Rudolf II of Burgundy finally renounces Italy and unites Upper and Lower Burgundy into one empire with the capital Arles . (Kingdom of Arelat )
- King Alfons IV of Leon abdicates and goes to a monastery. He is followed by his brother Ramiro II.
- Caliph Abd al-Rahman III. from Córdoba crosses with troops to Morocco and conquers Ceuta .
- Prince Časlav Klonimirović , leader of the Serbian tribes, achieved independence in the fight against the Bulgarians .
- According to the Glass Palace Chronicles, Nyaung-u Sawrahan takes the throne in the Burmese kingdom of Bagan .
First documentary mentions
- In Codex Odalberti is Kaprun first mentioned.
- Schlitters is first mentioned in the records of the Archdiocese of Salzburg.
- Niederhasli is first mentioned in a document.
- Ruotbert is after the death of Ruotger his successor as Archbishop of Trier appointed shortly afterwards he will of King Henry I the Lord Chancellor of Lorraine appointed.
- After the death of Stephen VII in February, the Roman Senatrix Marozia raised her son John IX at the height of the so-called pornocracy . , allegedly the son of Pope Sergius III. , to the new Pope .
Exact date of birth unknown
- July: Abū Sulaimān al-Chattābī , Shafi scholar († 998 )
- Taksony , Grand Duke of Hungary († 970 or 973 )
Born around 931
- 931 or 932 : Adelheid of Burgundy , saint and Empress of the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation († 999 )
Date of death secured
- January 27 : Ruotger , Archbishop of Trier (* around 880 )
- May 29th : Jimeno , King of Navarre
- September 3 : Uda , Tennō of Japan (* 867 )
Exact date of death unknown
- February: Stephen VII , Pope