Calendar overview 927
Saracens, led by the Slav Sabir al-Fata , finally destroy the Greco-Roman city of Tarentum .
|927 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||375/376 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1470/71 (southern Buddhism); 1469/70 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||289/290 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||314/315 (turn of the year 7/8 March)|
|Jewish calendar||4687/88 (August 31 / September 1)|
from urbe condita MDCLXXX (1680)
Diocletian's era : 643/644 (November turn of the year)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1237/38 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1238/39 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||983/984 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- July 12 : King Æthelstan has himself recognized as ruler in Eamont Bridge by the kings Constantine II of Scotland , Howell the Good of Deheubarth and Wales , Eógan I of Strathclyde and Ealdred, the Ealdorman of Bernicia , which constitutes the foundation of the kingdom England applies.
- King Æthelstan of Wessex subdues the Danes in Northumbria after the death of the Danish king Sithric of York .
- King Heinrich I moves against Count Heribert II of Vermandois . He freed ex-King Karl III from his captivity . and can be confirmed by this Lorraine as a German duchy.
- In Normandy , Duke Rollo is followed by his son Wilhelm Langschwert .
Southern Europe and North Africa
- August 15 : Islam in Italy : The Saracens, led by the Slav Sabir al-Fata , finally destroy the Greco-Roman city of Tarentum .
Central and Eastern Europe
- Duke Arnulf I the Evil of Bavaria affirmed his peace with the Hungarians , but had to allow them unhindered passage.
- In Bulgaria , Tsar Simeon I is succeeded by his underage son Peter I under the reign of his uncle Georgi Sursuvul . He made a 50-year peace with Byzantium and married his ward to Princess Maria Lakapena.
- After the death of Tsar Simeon I, Prince Časlav Klonimirović united the Serbian tribes under his rule.
First documentary mentions
- December 1st : Archbishop Heriger of Mainz dies. He is followed by Hildebert , previously Abbot of Fulda .
- Ebergisl becomes Bishop of Minden as Lothar's successor .
- In the empire, the Cluniacians turn against the secularization of the imperial monasteries, which love splendor.
- In the Byzantine Empire a serious breaks famine from.
- The Italian fever occurs for the third time in Europe.
Date of death secured
- January 13 : Berno von Baume , first abbot of Cluny (* around 850 )
- May 27th : Simeon I , Tsar of Bulgaria (* 864 )
- December 1st : Heriger , Archbishop of Mainz
Exact date of death unknown
- July 26th at the earliest: Boso , Bishop of Lausanne
- Acfred , Duke of Aquitaine and Count of Auvergne
- Boso , Bishop of Lausanne
- Lothar , Bishop of Minden
- Miró the Younger , Count of Cerdanya, Conflent and Besalú