Calendar overview 922
Henry I of Saxony
can Quedlinburg to
preferred Palatinate expand.
is executed for heresy.
|922 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||370/371 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1465/66 (southern Buddhism); 1464/65 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||284/285 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||309/310 (turn of the year April 30th / May 1st)|
|Jewish calendar||4682/83 (September 25-26)|
from urbe condita MDCLXXV (1675)
Diocletian's era : 638/639 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1232/33 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1233/34 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||978/979 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Central and Western Europe
- April 22nd : Quedlinburg is first mentioned in a document . King Heinrich I had the city expanded into his Easter Palatinate. Later he also designated her as his burial place.
- The East Franconian King Heinrich I of Saxony appoints with King Karl III. a synod for the whole of Franconia in Koblenz for the simple-minded of West Franconia .
- Archbishop Heriger von Mainz expanded the court chapel into a royal chancellery.
- King Charles III von Westfranken is overthrown by the greats of the country and retires to his home in Lorraine . He calls on the hated Normans for help and thereby loses many followers.
- Duke Robert von Franzien rises with the Dukes of Burgundy and Lorraine against King Charles III. and is crowned king on June 29th in St. Remy near Reims .
- Count Dietrich I of Holland is from King Karl III. accepted.
- King Edward the Elder of Wessex annexes Essex and East Anglia to his kingdom and subjugates the petty kings of Wales and Cornwall .
- The Byzantine emperor Romanos I. Lakapenos , father-in-law of Constantine VII , issued a decree to secure small farm property.
- Tsar Simeon I of Bulgaria moves against Byzantium again and pushes as far as the Bosporus .
First documentary mentions
- August 11 : Berrenrath is mentioned for the first time in a document from Archbishop Hermann I of Cologne .
- Arnoldsweiler and the Klein St. Arnold church , like Salzachu, are first mentioned in a document from Archbishop Hermann I of Cologne.
- Villa Olivaria is first mentioned in a document.
- Hainau , Kefersheim , Kommen , Prath and Worringen are first mentioned in a document.
- Around 40,000 people across Europe fell victim to epidemic poisoning from rye flour contaminated with ergot .
- around 922: Edmund I , King of England († 946 )
- around 922: Konrad the Red , Duke of Lorraine († 955 )