Calendar overview 932
|Weltenburg is repopulated.|
|932 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||380/381 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1475/76 (southern Buddhism); 1474/75 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||294/295 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||319/320 (turn of the year January 12/13 // December 31 / Jan. 1, 933)|
|Jewish calendar||4692/93 (September 2/3)|
from urbe condita MDCLXXXV (1685)
Diocletian's era : 648/649 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1242/43 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1243/44 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||988/989 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- The Hungarians invade what is now Lower Saxony .
- King Heinrich I and his archbishop, Archbishop Hildebert von Mainz, hold an imperial synod in Erfurt on June 1st . They secure the allegiance of the Saxons , Franks and Swabians and shortly afterwards in Dingolfingen also the Bavarians against the Hungarians.
Republic of Venice
- Pietro II. Candiano becomes Doge of Venice as successor to Orso II. Particiaco . He wants to gain control of the trade routes on the Adriatic Sea and on the northern Italian mainland. The Venetian fleet, led by Pietro, devastated the city of Comacchio at the mouth of the Po Delta .
Other events in Italy
- Senatrix Marozia of Rome calls King Hugo I of Italy to her. She marries him and wants him from her son Pope John XI. to be crowned emperor.
- Margrave Alberich von Camerino , son of Marozias, expels King Hugo I from Rome, throws his mother into dungeon and lets her perish there. He rises to be Prince of Rome.
- Islam in Italy : Genoa is invaded by the Saracens . Many residents are taken into slavery .
- Gerhard follows Gumpold as Bishop of Passau after his death .
- Archbishop Hugo von Reims , twelve-year-old son of the Count of Vermandois , is deposed by King Rudolf I of West Franconia. The monk Artold follows him .
- In Normandy , the Fécamp monastery , once destroyed by the Normans , is being rebuilt by them.
- The Weltenburg is a proprietary monastery of the diocese Regensburg from St. Emmeram's Abbey settled new.
- The Pivoň Monastery is founded.
Date of death secured
- June 1 : Thietmar , Graf (probably in Northern Thuringia and Harzgau), educator and advisor to King Heinrich I.
Exact date of death unknown
- Adalhelm , Count of Arras and lay abbot of Saint-Vaast in Arras
- Gumpold , Bishop of Passau
- al-Muqtadir , Abbasid Caliph (* 895 )
- Orso II. Particiaco , Doge of Venice