Calendar overview 928
Tomislav , King of Croatia , disappears in an unexplained manner.
His brother Trpimir II succeeds him to the throne.
|928 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||376/377 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1471/72 (southern Buddhism); 1470/71 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||290/291 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||315/316 (turn of the year February 24th / 25th)|
|Jewish calendar||4688/89 (September 17-18)|
from urbe condita MDCLXXXI (1681)
Diocletian's era : 644/645 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1238/39 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1239/40 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||984/985 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- King Heinrich I leads a campaign against the Slavs east of the Elbe. He defeats the Wilzen near Lenzen , moves against the Liutizen and takes up the siege of the Brandenburg in winter .
- After the unexplained disappearance of his brother Tomislav, Trpimir II becomes King of Croatia . Tomislav is pronounced dead a little later.
- Margravine Marozia von Camerino, Alberich's widow , has Pope John X thrown into dungeon and rises to become the Senatrix of Rome . Pope John X dies in prison. His successor is Leo VI.
- The Normans put a moth near Guînes , later the capital of the county of Guînes , which they surround with a double moat.
- Jayavarman IV becomes the undisputed king of the Khmer empire in Angkor after the death of his nephew Ishanavarman II . As early as 921, he established a parallel government in the city of Koh Ker , which he had built and which he made the capital of the empire after he came to power. During the years of his reign, he initiated an ambitious building program.
First documentary mentions
- January 3rd : The parish church of the Assumption of Mary in Halfing is first mentioned in a document.
- Diethard becomes Bishop of Hildesheim . He follows Sehard , who died on October 10th . Burkard II succeeds him as abbot in Hersfeld .
- June 5 : Ludwig the Blind , King of Lower Burgundy (* around 881 )
- October 10 : Sehard , Bishop of Hildesheim
- Ishanavarman II , King of the Khmer Empire of Kambuja, known as the Empire of Angkor
- around 928: Tomislav , King of Croatia