Calendar overview 920
|Romanos I becomes co-regent of his son-in-law Constantine VII in the Byzantine Empire .|
|920 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||368/369 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1463/64 (southern Buddhism); 1462/63 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||282/283 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||307/308 (turn of the year 22/23 May)|
|Jewish calendar||4680/81 (September 15/16)|
from urbe condita MDCLXXIII (1673)
Diocletian's era : 636/637 (November turn of the year)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1230/31 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1231/32 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||976/977 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- In response to the defeat at the Battle of San Esteban de Gormaz in 917 , Emir Abd ar-Rahman III marches . of Córdoba in the Kingdom of León and recaptured the cities of Osma and San Esteban de Gormaz . Then he marches on to the Kingdom of Navarre .
- July 26th : The Moors' campaign under Abd ar-Rahman III. from Al-Andalus is not stopped in the battle of Valdejunquera . The Christian army sent by King Ordoño II of León is defeated, the bishops of Tui and Salamanca are captured. The survivors retreat to the forts of Muez and Viguera. Because the Counts of Castile Ordoño II did not come to the rescue, he had them imprisoned and executed.
- Muslim forces cross the Pyrenees, invade Gascony , lay siege to Toulouse and kill the Muez crew . The Moorish army then withdrew to Córdoba .
- The East Franconian King Heinrich I moves with an army to Swabia and receives homage from Duke Burchard II .
- Duke Arnulf I the Evil of Bavaria rises against King Heinrich I and proclaims himself the anti -king .
- King Charles III the simple-minded from West Franconia advances to Worms in the dispute over Lorraine . When King Heinrich I surrenders to him, he withdraws again.
- Dietrich von Friesland recaptured the land between the Rhine and Amstel from the Normans and founded the county of Holland there .
- Emperor Berengar I , King of Italy , calls on the Hungarians for help in the fight against his opponents .
- Prince Tarhos in Hungary, son of the former Grand Duke Árpád , invades Italy with horsemen. He advances through Aquileja to Verona and Brescia .
First documentary mentions
- The places Majones in the Pyrenees, Mörshausen , Saint-Patrice and Wehr are first mentioned in a document.
Science and culture
- The so-called Fragmentum de Arnulfo duce Bavariae is a historiographical fragment of a price publication written around 919/20 in the St. Emmeram monastery in Regensburg on the Bavarian Duke Arnulf I.
- The Arab traveling salesmen Ibn Fadlan hits the Rus in Bolgar on the Volga and writes his famous report on the Vikings the Rus .
Exact date of birth unknown
- Dunasch ben Labrat , Jewish commentator, poet and grammarian († 990 )
- Hugo von Vermandois , Archbishop of Reims († 962 )
- Liutprand of Cremona , historian, diplomat and bishop of Cremona († 972 )
Born around 920
- Borrell II , Count of Barcelona, Girona and Osona as well as of Urgell († 992 )
- Menachem ben Saruq , Spanish-Jewish philologist and poet († 970 )
- Olga , Grand Duchess of Känugaard, today's Kiev († 969 )
- Pilgrim , Bishop of Passau († 991 )