Heinrich I , Duke of Lorraine ,
unsuccessfully plans the murder of his brother King Otto I.
|941 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||389/390 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1484/85 (southern Buddhism); 1483/84 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||303/304 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||329/330 (turn of the year 25/26 September)|
|Jewish calendar||4701/02 (September 24/25)|
from urbe condita MDCXCIV (1694)
Diocletian's era : 657/658 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1251/52 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1252/53 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||997/998 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Western and Northern Europe
Olaf Cuaran becomes King of Dublin and Jorvik succeeds his cousin Olaf Guthfrithsson , who is killed in a raid on a church in Northumbria . However, he is unable to hold the territories conquered by his cousin.
- Heinrich I , Duke of Lorraine , plans to murder his brother, King Otto I. He is betrayed and imprisoned in Ingelheim . His accomplices are beheaded. Through the intercession of his mother Mathilde , he is pardoned again, but loses Lorraine.
- Count Otto von Verdun is the Duchy of Lorraine belehnt
- Margrave Berengar von Ivrea , who feels threatened by King Hugo I, flees to Duke Hermann I of Swabia and asks for help.
- Grand Duke Igor of Kiev attacks Constantinople with a fleet , but fails because of the Greek fire of the Byzantine defenders.
- After the death of his father Jayavarman IV, Harshavarman II becomes king of the Khmer Empire of Angkor .
First documentary mentions
- January 17th : In the founding document of the Ringelheim monastery, the places Gustedt , Haverlah , Jerstedt , Nauen , Othfresen , Ringelheim , Sehlde , Wallmoden , Vöppstedt and Wendhausen are mentioned for the first time.
- August 6th : Rohrsheim is mentioned for the first time in a deed of donation from King Otto to the Moritz monastery in Magdeburg .
- September 9 : Archbishop Wichfried's deed of gift mentions the place Bocklemünd for the first time.
- The places Brenig , Cochstedt , Dompierre , Egeln , Engelstadt and Westeregeln are first mentioned in a document.
- Arnach is mentioned for the first time in a document in the deed of donation from the knight Berngarius de Arnac to the blessed hermit Ratperonius about land in the Rötsee district .
Date of death secured
Exact date of death unknown
- Fulko I. , Count of Anjou
- Jayavarman IV , King of the Khmer Empire of Angkor
- al-Kulainī , Shiite scholar (* 864 )
- Abu Mansur al-Maturidi , founder of Maturidiyya theology (* 893 )
- Olaf Guthfrithsson , Viking King of Dublin and King of Jorvik