Calendar overview 952
|Otto the Great awards the Kingdom of Italy to the defeated Berengar II as a fief at the Reichstag in Augsburg .|
|952 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||400/401 (turn of the year July)|
|Buddhist calendar||1495/96 (southern Buddhism); 1494/95 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||60th (61st) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||314/315 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||340/341 (turn of the year 28/29 May)|
|Jewish calendar||4712/13 (22/23 September)|
from urbe condita MDCCV (1705)
Diocletian's era : 668/669 (New Year November)
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1262/63 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1263/64 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1008/09 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Reichstag in Augsburg
- Spring: Otto the Great returns from his Italian expedition to Eastern France and leaves his son Konrad the Red as governor in Pavia . He convinced Berengar II, defeated the previous year, to come to the Augsburg Reichstag as Otto's vassal
- August 7 : Otto I grants the Kingdom of Italy to Berengar II as a fief at the Reichstag in Augsburg . The Margraviate of Verona and the Duchy of Friuli , however, must cede it to the Duchy of Bavaria .
- August: Guntram the Rich is convicted at the Augsburg Reichstag for breach of loyalty. Guntram's property in Thurgau , in the Rhine valley , in Alsace and in Breisgau is confiscated and incorporated into the royal estate . Immediately after Guntram's conviction, the king forgives parts of the confiscated count's property in Breisgau to Einsiedeln Abbey .
First documentary mentions
- Altrich , Beggendorf , Bous , Brachstedt , Groitsch , Harste , Hattorf am Harz , Helmstedt , Osmünde , Umrathshausen and Wiedenbrück are first mentioned in a document.
science and technology
- The Byzantine Emperor Constantine VII completes the state-theoretical work De Administrando Imperio .
Culture and religion
- The second Minden Cathedral , a three-aisled, flat-roofed basilica, is completed.
- The Saint-Vanne Abbey near Verdun is founded.
nature and environment
- Beginning of August: The Augsburg meteorite fall is observed during the Reichstag . The reports on the impact contradict each other, however, so that there are still uncertainties about the place and time of the event.
- September 6th : Suzaku , Tennō of Japan (* 923 )
- December 17th : Hugo the Black , Duke of Burgundy and Margrave of Provence