After graduating from high school , she completed a scientific teaching degree at the Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel and then worked as a teacher at several Kiel secondary schools . From 1985 to 1992 she was director of the Freiherr-vom-Stein-Schule in Kiel- Elmschenhagen .
Angelika Volquartz has been a member of the CDU since 1978. From 1993 to 2003 she was chairwoman of the CDU district association in Kiel. She is a member of the state board of the CDU Schleswig-Holstein and was a member of the CDU federal board from 2000 to 2010 .
From 1990 to 1992 she was a member of the Kiel Council. She was a member of the Schleswig-Holstein state parliament from 1992 until she was elected to the German Bundestag in 1998 . She was one of the few MPs there who published her income in full. She resigned her Bundestag mandate after the election as mayor. On March 16, 2003, she succeeded Norbert Gansel (SPD) as Lord Mayor of the Schleswig-Holstein state capital, Kiel. During her term of office an administrative reform, the expansion of childcare and the decision not to expand the Kiel-Holtenau airfield fell.
On March 15, 2009 she was defeated by the then press spokesman of the Federal Ministry of Finance, Torsten Albig ( SPD ) in the first ballot, 41.2 to 52.1 percent of the votes cast in the re-election she was striving for as the mayor of Kiel .
Volquartz is married and has one daughter. She lives in Kiel.
In 2014 Volquartz received the honorary citizenship of the Christian-Albrechts-Universität Kiel. This was her "[i] n recognition and appreciation of her achievements for education, science and research in the state of Schleswig-Holstein and her great services to the good relations between the university and the state capital Kiel as well as her extraordinary commitment in the development of innovative structures and social networking of the Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel ”.
- My heart beats in Kiel: Personal and political issues: Notes on life , Kiel, Hamburg: Wachholtz 2019, ISBN 978-3-529-05030-5 .
- Rudolf Vierhaus , Ludolf Herbst (eds.), Bruno Jahn (collaborators): Biographical manual of the members of the German Bundestag. 1949-2002. Vol. 2: N-Z. Attachment. KG Saur, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-598-23782-0 , p. 907.
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- Angelika Volquartz in the State Parliament Information System Schleswig-Holstein
- State Capital Kiel, Statistics Department: The official final result of the election of the Lord Mayor in the State Capital Kiel on March 15, 2009. Accessed on March 21, 2018 .
- Martina Drexler: Angelika Volquartz is now an honorary citizen of the CAU Kiel. In: kn-online.de. April 28, 2014, accessed September 12, 2019 .
- Angelika Volquartz receives honorary citizenship of Kiel University. In: uni-kiel.de. April 28, 2014, accessed September 12, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (CDU), Member of the Bundestag, Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 2, 1946|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Uelzen|