After an apprenticeship as a stonemason , Anke Besser-Güth studied sculpture at the Dresden Academy of Fine Arts with Walter Arnold from 1960 to 1966 . Since then she has been working as a freelancer. During her studies she met her future husband Siegfried Besser , with whom she moved to Erfurt after completing her studies.
In addition to her work there, she was involved in the Association of Visual Artists of the GDR (VBK), where she headed the sculpture section from 1970 to 1983.
Together with her husband, she designed the memorial on the history of the German labor movement at the Eisenach Party Conference 1869 memorial . Other works by her in public spaces can be found in Erfurt, Weimar, Gera, Nordhausen, Eisenach, Röbel and Waren.
Besser-Güth had to accept the loss of valuable artistic works for buildings in the public space of Erfurt, which were demolished or converted after 1990: a 7.5 m long relief design in the VEB Schuhkombinat, five round ceramic reliefs in the Medical Academy and eight ceramic reliefs in the restaurant "At the old city wall".
In 1996 Anke Besser-Güth moved with Siegfried Besser from Erfurt to Mecklenburgische Marxhagen , where she continued to live and work.
- 1980 Knut , terracotta
- 2002 Sphinx , terracotta
- 2005 Eitler Gockel , terracotta
Sculptures and reliefs
- 1971 Rosa Luxemburg , bronze, Erfurt
- 1973 Uzbek donkey rider , bronze
- 1975 Five reliefs on the city's history , Erfurt, Horngasse
- 1979 Käthe Kollwitz , Weimar
- 1990 Noah's Ark , plaster design
- 2001 Eulenspiegel in Erfurt, bronze
Exhibitions and participation in exhibitions (selection)
- 1970, 1972 solo exhibitions in Erfurt
- 1972, 1977, 1982 art exhibition of the GDR
- 1969, 1972, 1975, 1979, 1984 district art exhibition in Erfurt
- 1973 Plastic and Flowers, Berlin
- 1977 Art and Sport, Leipzig
- 1981 The judgment of Paris in GDR art, Gotha
- Anke Besser-Güth at the Künstlerbund Mecklenburg und Vorpommern eV in the BBK
- Anke Besser-Güth at the Mecklenburgische Seenplatte art gallery
- Reliefs on the history of the city of Erfurt
- Eulenspiegel monument by Anke Besser-Güth
- notice . Thuringian General , March 9, 2019.
- Harmony and serenity - that was happiness for her . Nordkurier - Müritz-Zeitung of February 26, 2019, page 16.
- Peter Michel: Arrival in Freedom. Essays against the loss of value in time , Berlin 2011, pp. 190f.
- Curriculum vitae at Galerie Zimmer, Mühlhausen ( Memento from January 28, 2015 in the Internet Archive )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sculptor, ceramist and painter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 16, 1940|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Erfurt|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 23, 2019|
|Place of death||Goods (Müritz)|