Czichowsky, who began classical singing lessons in 1996 at the age of 15, was awarded three years later at the national youth jazz competition . From 2000 to 2002 she was a singer in the Baden-Württemberg State Youth Jazz Orchestra under Bernd Konrad . From 2001 to 2007 she studied jazz singing in Stuttgart and Graz. In 2007 she graduated with “ summa cum laude ” from the University of Music and Performing Arts Stuttgart .
Since then, Czichowsky has sung with the Önder Focan Trio, the St. Petersburg Jazz Quartet, the Italian Allstars, Gianluca Esposito, Oliver Mtukudzi and with the Südpool Ensemble with Michael Kersting , Paul Schwarz , Günter Lenz and Herbert Joos . Then she led her own bands like the Anne Czichowsky Quintet, Playground or Jazzpartout . She founded Lines for Ladies with Sabine Kühlich , could be heard at the Women in Jazz festival and toured with Sheila Jordan in 2014 . She also appears in a duo with Swiss guitarist Michael Bucher.
Anne Czichowsky teaches jazz singing at the music academies in Stuttgart, Munich and Saarbrücken.
Prizes and awards
With Jazzpartout , Czichowsky won the 2008 International Jazz Competition in Bucharest. In the same year she took first place in Finland at the International Jazz Singers Contest "Lady Summertime". In 2010 she came second in the twelfth competition of jazz soloists in Monaco. In 2011 she was awarded the Baden-Württemberg Jazz Prize (as the second woman ever).
- Anne Czichowsky & Jazzpartout Rise (Neuklang 2009)
- Play on Words (Neuklang 2011, with Thilo Wagner , Lorenzo Petrocca , Axel Kühn , Matthias Daneck )
- Czichowsky, Petrocca & Kühn Our Favorite Tunes (2014)
- The Truth and the Abstract Blues (DoubleMoon Records 2014, with Thilo Wagner, Martin Wiedmann, Axel Kühn, Matthias Daneck)
- Lines for Ladies Feat. Sheila Jordan & Kristin Korb Live! (Da Music 2016, with Laia Genc and Sabine Kühlich)
- Web presence
- Anne Czichowsky at Allmusic (English)
- Anne Czichowsky at Discogs (English)
- Anne Czichowsky in an interview at Eduard-Spranger-Gymnasium Filderstadt
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German jazz singer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 14, 1981|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Schaffhausen|