Anne Fabini (* 1969 in Schäßburg , Transylvania , Romania ) is a German film editor . For their installation of the documentary Of Fathers and Sons - The children of the Caliphate was the German Film Award 2019 in the category Best Editing award.
life and work
Anne Fabini studied theater, film and television studies in Berlin. From 1996 she initially worked as an assistant editor and worked on, among other things, Tom Tykwer's Run Lola Run and Martin Walz 's Die Bademeister .
The first film editing she was responsible for came from the documentary, Milk and Honey from Red Front by Hans-Erich Viet . The film received a nomination in the category Best Documentary at the 2001 German Film Prize . The feature film Berlin is in Germany won the audience award at the Berlinale 2001 and marks the beginning of a long-term collaboration between Fabini and director Hannes Stöhr . In 2009 she received a nomination for the German Film Prize in the category Best Editing for her work on his film Berlin Calling .
After several television fiction films, Anne Fabini edited the documentary More than Honey by Markus Imhoof in 2011 . This film won the German Film Award in 2013 in the Best Documentary Film category and was nominated in the Best Editing category. The international co-production also won the highest national award for documentary film in Switzerland and Austria.
The mounted by Anne Fabini Movie Houston by Bastian Guenther had its premiere at the Sundance Film Festival and earned her another nomination for Best Editing at the German Film Award 2014 one. In addition, she was awarded the 2013 German Film Critics' Prize in the Best Editing category for her work on this film .
The documentary film Homs - A Shattered Dream by Talal Derki , edited by Fabini in 2013 , won the World Documentary Grand Jury Award at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival . Of Fathers and Sons, also made in collaboration with Derki, was nominated for an Oscar for Best Documentary in 2019 . It also won the German Film Prize 2019 in the Best Documentary Film category and brought Fabini her first award in the Best Editing category .
Anne Fabini is a member of the German Film Academy and has been a member of the board of directors as head of the editing section since 2019, after having previously been Peter R. Adam's deputy for several years . She is also a member of the Federal Association of Film Editing Editor eV (BFS) , for which she regularly moderates discussions with film editors in the series of UNCUTS .
- 2001: Milk and honey from Rotfront
- 2001: Berlin is in Germany
- 2004: Crime Scene: Odin's Revenge
- 2005: One Day in Europe
- 2007: Tatort: The End of Silence
- 2007: Police call 110: color change
- 2008: Berlin Calling
- 2009: Germany sucks!
- 2011: Carte Blanche
- 2012: More than Honey
- 2013: Houston
- 2013: 300 words of German
- 2013: Homs - Return to Homs
- 2015: Crime scene: Weightless
- 2015: Crime scene: defenseless
- 2016: Morris from America (Morris from America)
- 2017: Of Fathers and Sons - The Children of the Caliphate
- 2018: Schwartz & Schwartz: My first murder
- 2018: The Tale (The Tale)
- Anne Fabini in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Anne Fabini at filmportal.de
- Anne Fabini at the Federal Association of Film Editing Editor eV (BFS)
- Philipp Mangold: The fascinating world of bees. In: Allgemeine Deutsche Zeitung. April 17, 2014, accessed September 4, 2017 .
- Portrait of Anne Fabini on filmportal.de, accessed on May 19, 2014
- Prize of the German Film Critics 2013 on vdfk.de, accessed on May 19, 2014
- Anne Fabini filmography. German Film Academy , accessed on March 28, 2019 .
- Presidium & Board of Directors. German Film Academy , accessed on March 29, 2019 .
- Julia Oehring: "Uncut". Bundesverband Filmschnitt Editor eV (BFS) , June 21, 2018, accessed on March 28, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German film editor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1969|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Transylvania|