Ayyub Axel Koehler
Ayyub Axel Köhler (born April 3, 1938 in Stettin as Axel Köhler ) is a functionary of the Central Council of Muslims in Germany . He was its chairman from 2006 to September 2010, before being replaced in this role by Aiman Mazyek . From 1999 to 2004 Köhler was a member of the FDP parliamentary group in the district representation of Cologne-Nippes .
During the Second World War , Köhler and his family were relocated to Schönewalde as part of their expulsion , and in 1951 they moved to Halle (Saale) . After graduating from high school in 1956 , he fled the GDR to the Federal Republic of Germany , where he studied geophysics at the universities in Freiburg and Kiel and received his doctorate in this subject in 1968 at the University of Cologne . He is a member of the Corps Alemannia zu Kiel ( Weinheim Senior Citizens' Convention ). Köhler converted to Sunni Islam in 1963 at the age of 25 during his student days and now called himself Ayyub Axel Köhler (the name Ayyub is the Arabic variant of the biblical Job ).
He then worked for a short time at the German Aerospace Center in Cologne , working as an assistant professor at the University of Tehran in 1970 and at the Institute of German Economy in Cologne from 1973 until his retirement in 1999 . In addition, he advised the International Association of Islamic Banks (IAIB) of the OIC in Cyprus and in Cairo until 1992 .
From 1988 to 1993 Köhler was co-founder and spokesman of the Islamic Working Group, a forerunner organization of the Central Council of Muslims in Germany (ZMD) founded in 1994 . From 2000 to 2002 he was chairman of the German Muslim League. V. (DML Hamburg). Before he took over the chairmanship of the ZMD from Nadeem Elyas in February 2006 , he was its general secretary and chairman of the advisory board for five years . From April to September 2007, Köhler was the first spokesman for the Coordination Council of Muslims , which was founded in 2007 - also with the support of his wife Asiye Köhler. He held this office again from April 1 to September 30, 2009. On September 18, 2010, he was voted out of his office as chairman of the Central Council in a battle vote in favor of Aiman Mazyek . At the same time, Köhler switched to the ZMD Advisory Board.
Köhler is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Christian-Islamic Society .
Ayyub Axel Köhler has published numerous articles mainly in Islamic magazines such as Al-Islam of the Islamic Center in Munich , "Al-Fadschr" of the Islamic Center in Hamburg and in circulars of the Muslim League, in which he mostly deals with the integration of Islamic ways of life into the German Society deals. In it, Köhler opposes, among other things, the bureaucratisation of Islam by recognizing it as a corporation under public law and against state models of “Islamic instruction” such as in North Rhine-Westphalia (“defrauded Muslims with flimsy reasons”) or LER in Brandenburg and Hamburg (“blatantly wrong development "). Books published in German are:
- Axel Köhler: Islam: Guiding principles of the economic and social order . Al-Kitab Verlag, Cologne 1981, ISBN 3-88794-001-6 .
- Ayyub Axel Koehler, I. Kaplan a. a .: Islam and education. Intercultural Studies Volume 15 . Verlag Leske and Budrich, Opladen 2003, ISBN 3-8100-3597-1 .
In the spring of 2007, Köhler came under fire after Ibrahim El-Zayat attended a session of the Islamic Conference as his guest . El-Zayat is the chairman of the Islamic Community in Germany and is associated with the Muslim Brotherhood . Köhler stated that he had “wished for a long time” that El-Zayat should be present at a meeting of the conference, especially since it had helped him a lot so far. In his book Islam: Leitbilder ... Köhler expresses: "The beliefs (of Islam) and Islamic law (Sharia) show the quasi-total claim of religion on people and society" (p. 28). On p. 33 it also says: “This does not turn the Islamic social system into a democracy. This form of government is alien to Islam. "
- At home with Ms. Christian Parth's coordinator , DIE ZEIT, May 3, 2007
- The Pomeranian Newspaper. No. 39/2010, p. 4.
- Central Council of Muslims in Germany elects new board . islam.de. September 19, 2010. Archived from the original on December 13, 2010. Retrieved on May 6, 2011.
- Ayyub A. Köhler: The structural assimilation of Islam in Germany - comments on corporate rights from an Islamic perspective . In: Al-Islam 3/1999
- Ayyub Axel Köhler: Values education in a pluralistic society - Islamic religious instruction in public schools . In: DML circular 75/2001
- Interview with Kristina Köhler: You are deceiving us in the guise of the media professionals FAZ from May 11, 2007
- Uninvited guest disturbs Schäuble's Islamic round SpiegelOnline 7 May 2007
- Trojan horse by Regina Mönch, FAZ from May 8, 2007
- Ayyub Axel Köhler in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Literature by and about Ayyub Axel Köhler in the catalog of the German National Library
- Picture and curriculum vitae on the website of the Central Council of Muslims in Germany
- "What are the goals of the Central Council of Muslims?" On the new ZMD chairman Ayyub Axel Köhler, FAZ from March 14, 2006
|SURNAME||Koehler, Ayyub Axel|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Koehler, Axel|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Muslim, chairman of the Central Council of Muslims in Germany|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 3, 1938|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Szczecin|