Brady W. Dougan
Dougan studied economics at the University of Chicago and graduated in 1982 with a Masters of Business Administration in finance . He began as a manager in the derivatives business for Bankers Trust Co. and joined Credit Suisse First Boston in 1990 . He later became Head of the Americas Region at Credit Suisse (CS). From July 2004 he headed Investment Banking at Credit Suisse, and from May 2007 to July 2015 he was Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Credit Suisse, succeeding Oswald Grübel . With his bonus in shares worth 70.9 million Swiss francs received in spring 2010 , which comes from a five-year employee participation plan from 2004/2005, as well as a basic salary of 1.3 million francs and a bonus of 17.9 million francs for the year 2009, Dougan is considered to be the best-paid bank manager in Europe with a total remuneration of 90.1 million francs for 2009. In 2014, the Swiss business magazine Bilanz estimated his fortune at CHF 125 million.
As a result of the financial crisis of 2008, Credit Suisse wanted to put up to 30% of Swiss business on the stock exchange in the years that followed. During this time, Dougan's strategy failed, and Credit Suisse bleeding to death in terms of capital.
Dougan has been a Board of Directors of the US biotechnology company Humacyte Inc. since 2005. He is also a member of the Board of Trustees of the University of Chicago and a Director of the Barbara Dougan Foundation.
Dougan is married to a professor of biomedicine at Yale University and has a son and daughter by their first marriage. He is a regular jogger and participates in marathons . He lives in Greenwich , Connecticut , in the United States.
- Brady W. Dougan , in: Internationales Biographisches Archiv 36/2015 from September 1, 2015, in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely available)
- Brady W. Dougan ( memento from July 1, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) on the Credit Suisse website
- Jonas Dowen: A banker with responsibility. ( Memento from August 28, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) In: die bank 4/2011
- Peter Hossli, Guido Schätti: “I'm frustrated!” Interview in: SonntagsBlick . May 25, 2014
- Brady William Dougan from zip code 06831. ( Memento of May 4, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) In: watchdog.net, accessed on September 27, 2011
- Jonas Dowen: Banker with Responsibility. ( Memento from August 28, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) In: die bank 4/2011
- Brady Dougan receives 71 million francs. In: cash from March 31, 2010
- 18 million bonus for CS boss Dougan. ( Memento from July 29, 2012 in the web archive archive.today ) In: DRS 4 News from March 25, 2010
- The 300 Richest 2014: Brady Dougan. In: Bilanz , accessed on July 1, 2015
- Claude Baumann: Trial by Fire at Paradeplatz. In: Weltwoche issue 44/2016. November 3, 2016, accessed November 18, 2016 .
- Board of Directors. ( Memento of the original from June 17, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved June 4, 2013
- Brady W. Dougan ( memento of July 1, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) on the Credit Suisse website.
- Credit Suisse replaces boss. ( Memento from March 12, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) In: tagesschau.de from March 10, 2015.
- Erik Nolmans: Brady Dougan's Power Network: Comeback Kid. In: Bilanz 22/2012 from December 9, 2012.
- Christian Dorer , Andreas Schaffner: «It is useless to complain». ( Memento from April 30, 2012 on WebCite ) Interview in: Aargauer Zeitung . April 30, 2012.
- Arthur Rutishauser: "The Occupy movement has very legitimate concerns". Interview in: Tages-Anzeiger . December 27, 2011.
|SURNAME||Dougan, Brady W.|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Dougan, Brady William (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American bank manager|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 30, 1959|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Urbana (Illinois) , United States|