Carole Bouquet (born August 18, 1957 in Neuilly-sur-Seine ) is a French actress . She became known in 1977 through Luis Buñuel's last film This Obscure Object of Desire and as Bond girl Melina Havelock in James Bond 007 - In Fatal Mission (1981).
Her first film, This Obscure Object of Desire (1977), which was also Luis Buñuel's last film , was an international success and attracted Bouquet's attention. After other French films, including The Murderer Meet at the Buffet (1979), Bouquet played the female lead of Melina Havelock in the James Bond film In a deadly mission in 1981 . Although she gained international fame through the film, she later regretted her participation in the film series, as it had harmed her career rather than helped. Although the role as a Bond girl did not give her a breakthrough in Hollywood , she managed a successful acting career in Europe . Her most successful films in the 1980s include Bingo Bongo (1982), The Conspiracy (1985), Jenatsch (1987) and Woody Allen's New York Stories (1989). After she was nominated for The Unveiling (1984), she was awarded the French César Film Prize in 1990 for her role in Too Beautiful for You in the Best Actress category.
In the 1980s and 1990s, Bouquet was Chanel's advertising face .
After other successful films such as Tango Mortale (1993), Love and Other Businesses (1994) and Wasabi - A Bull in Japan (2001), she appeared in a guest role in the last episode of the television series Sex and the City in 2004 . For the lead role in the film A Long Way to Happiness , she was awarded Best Actress at the Stockholm International Film Festival in 2005.
In 2014 she starred alongside Zoe Saldana in the role of Margaux Castevet in the miniseries Rosemary's Baby , a remake of the 1968 film of the same name . In 2017 she played a leading role in the French miniseries La Mante .
In 1999 Carole Bouquet was a jury member at the 4th Shanghai International Film Festival and in 2014 at the Cannes Film Festival .
Carole Bouquet has a son (* 1981) from her marriage to the film producer Jean-Pierre Rassam (1941–1985) and another son (* 1987) with the fashion photographer Francis Giacobetti . From 1997 to 2005 she was in a relationship with Gérard Depardieu (also engaged from 2003 to 2005), with whom she also appeared in many films.
- 1977: This obscure object of desire (Cet obscur objet du désir)
- 1979: You meet the murderer at the buffet (Buffet froid)
- 1980: Blank Generation
- 1980: Double for Maurice (Il capotto di Astrakan)
- 1981: James Bond 007 - For Your Eyes Only
- 1982: Day of the Idiots
- 1982: Bingo Bongo
- 1983: Mystere - The killer and the call girl (Mystère)
- 1983: Dream One (Nemo)
- 1984: The fat king Dagobert (Le bon roi Dagobert)
- 1984: The Revelation (Rive droite, rive gauche)
- 1985: The Conspiracy (Spécial Police)
- 1986: Double Messieurs
- 1986: La coda del diavolo
- 1987: Jenatsch
- 1989: New York Stories (New York Stories)
- 1989: Too beautiful for you (Trop belle pour toi)
- 1989: Bunker Palace Hotel
- 1991: Donne con le gonne
- 1993: Tango Mortale (Tango)
- 1994: Love and other business (A business affair)
- 1994: great fatigue
- 1997: Lucie Aubrac
- 1997: Le Rouge et Le Noir (TV movie)
- 1998: Fateful Alibi (En plein cœur)
- 1999: The Ambreville Bridge (Un pont entre deux rives)
- 2000: Le pique-nique de Lulu Kreutz
- 2000: Bérénice (TV film)
- 2001: Madame De ... (TV movie)
- 2001: Wasabi - A bull in Japan (Wasabi)
- 2002: Kiss me if you want (Embrassez qui vous voudrez)
- 2002: Blanche
- 2002: Ruy Blas (TV movie)
- 2003: Welcome to the Roses (Bienvenue chez les Rozes)
- 2003: Nocturnal odyssey (Feux rouges)
- 2004: The Alphabet of Life (Les fautes d'orthographe)
- 2004: Sex and the City (TV series, episode 6x20 An American Girl in Paris: Part Deux )
- 2005: Help, I'm renovating (Travaux, on sait quand ça commence ...)
- 2005: A long way to happiness (Nordeste)
- 2005: As in Hell (L'enfer)
- 2005: A perfect friend (Un ami parfait)
- 2006: Aurore
- 2007: Si c'était lui ...
- 2008: Les hauts murs
- 2008: Les enfants de Timpelbach
- 2009: Je vais te manquer
- 2009: L'éloignement (TV movie)
- 2010: Nothing to arrest (Protéger & servir)
- 2010: Libre échange
- 2011: Le grand restaurant II (TV movie)
- 2011: Impardonnables
- 2012: Mauvaise fille
- 2014: Rosemary's Baby (miniseries, 2 episodes)
- 2014–2016: Spin - Paris in the Shadow of Power (Les hommes de l'ombre) (TV series, 12 episodes)
- 2014: Just an hour of rest! (Une heure de tranquillité)
- 2017: La Mante (miniseries, 6 episodes)
- 2018: Voyez comme on danse
- 2019: Chambre 212
Prizes and awards
- 1990: César in the Best Actress category for Too beautiful for you
- 2005: Stockholm International Film Festival as best leading actress for A Long Way to Happiness (Nordeste)
- 2011: Commander of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres
- Carole Bouquet in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- ↑ https://www.rnz.de/panorama/fahrten_artikel,-zz-dpa-Leute-Carole-Bouquet-im-Interview-Jede-Rolle-beinhalte-einen-Teil-von-Dir-_arid,94743.html
- ^ Sheila Jeffreys, Beauty and Misogyny: Harmful Cultural Practices in the West , London / New York: Routledge, 2005, ISBN 978-0-415-35182-9 , p. 65 : "the French face of Chanel in the late 1990s".
- ↑ Tilar J. Mazzeo, The Secret of Chanel No. 5: The Intimate History of the World's most Famous Perfume , New York: Harper, 2010, ISBN 978-0-06-179101-7 , p. 199 : "Carole Bouquet, the 'face' of Chanel No. 5 during the 1980s".
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||french actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 18, 1957|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Neuilly-sur-Seine , France|