Christian Graf von Krockow
Krockow was founded in 1927 in Pomerania, the son of uradeligen Pomeranian noble family of krockow born. He attended the Baltenschule Misdroy and the Athenaeum Stade . In 1945, after being drafted into the Wehrmacht at the age of seventeen and interned in Denmark, he moved to northwest Germany.
Krockow studied sociology , philosophy and constitutional law at the Universities of Göttingen and Durham from 1947 to 1954 . In 1955 he was with the thesis The Dezisionismus at Ernst Jünger , Carl Schmitt and Martin Heidegger , its social function and its social-theoretical significance at the University of Göttingen PhD .
From 1961 to 1965 Krockow was Professor of Political Science at the University of Education in Göttingen , then at the Saarland University and from 1968 to 1969 at the University of Frankfurt am Main . As an honorary professor for political science, Peter Lösche brought him to the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Göttingen in 1981. As an emeritus he lived as a freelance scientist and successful writer in Hamburg. His biographies about Friedrich II. , Kaiser Wilhelm II. And the resistance fighter Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg received a lot of attention. From 1970 to 1973 he was a member of the founding committee of the University of Oldenburg , where he was involved.
Between 1971 and 1980 Krockow wrote three books and various articles on sport and society. In 1994 he received the Dr. Leopold Lucas Prize and the Friedrich Schiedel Prize for Literature . In 1995 he was awarded the honorary doctorate “Rerum Politicarum” from the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg for his services to the “interpretation and reflection of the socio-political present” .
The political scientist Karl Dietrich Bracher wrote about Krockow's book Hitler and his Germans (Munich 2001): “The reading of this remarkable book is recommended to all who are looking for a representation and explanation of the still burning Hitler topic based on the current state of contemporary historical research . "
Krockow was homosexual and had been living with his later adoptive son Alexander-Pascal (civil: Lothar Romeike) since the 1990s .
Christian Graf von Krockow was buried in the Parkfriedhof Hamburg-Ohlsdorf (R6 4-6).
- The decision. An investigation on Ernst Jünger, Carl Schmitt, Martin Heidegger. Stuttgart 1958 (at the same time: Göttingen, university, dissertation).
- Nationalism as a German problem . Piper, Munich 1970, ISBN 3-492-01855-6 .
- Reform as a political principle . Piper, Munich 1976, ISBN 3-492-00436-9 .
- The trip to Pomerania. Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, Stuttgart 1985, ISBN 3-421-06251-X .
- Frederick the Great. Life pictures. Lübbe Verlag, Bergisch Gladbach 1986, ISBN 3-7857-0414-3 .
- The hour of women. Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, Stuttgart 1988, ISBN 3-421-06396-6 .
- Prussia. A balance sheet . Deutsche Verlagsanstalt, Stuttgart 1992, ISBN 3-421-06549-7 .
- The Germans before their future. Rowohlt, Berlin 1993, ISBN 3-87134-081-2 .
- The Prussian brothers. Prince Heinrich and Frederick the Great. A double portrait . Deutsche Verlagsanstalt, Stuttgart 1996, ISBN 3-421-05026-0 .
- Kaiser Wilhelm II and his time. Biography of an era . Siedler, Berlin 1999, ISBN 3-88680-666-9 .
- Memories. A guest in three worlds . Deutsche Verlagsanstalt, Stuttgart 2000, ISBN 3-421-05335-9 .
- Hitler and his Germans. List, Munich 2001, ISBN 3-471-79415-8 .
- A question of honour. Stauffenberg and the Hitler assassination attempt on July 20, 1944. Rowohlt, Berlin 2002, ISBN 3-87134-441-9 .
- The future of history. A legacy. List, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-548-60381-5 .
- Katharina Rahlf: Christian Graf von Krockow. Stories from the past. In: Stine Marg , Franz Walter (Hrsg.): Göttingen heads and their work in the world. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2012, ISBN 978-3-525-30036-7 , pp. 43–51.
- Literature by and about Christian Graf von Krockow in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Christian Graf von Krockow in the German Digital Library
- Christian Graf von Krockow , Die Zeit March 27, 2002
- Short biography of Christian Graf von Krockow , Der Spiegel
- See the discussion between him: competitive athlete as small business owner? - The limits of an analogy. In: competitive sport 2 (1972), no. 5, pp. 382-385 and Arnd Krüger : The competitive athlete as a small business owner. In: Leistungssport 2 (1972), no. 3, pp. 211-216.
- KD Bracher: Through seduction in submission. Christian Graf von Krockow's remarkable book about Hitler, the ruler of everything, and "his" Germans. In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung , July 20, 2001.
- Eckard Gehm: Alexander-Pascal Graf von Krockow: "Graf Schwindel" - that's how he sneaked into millions . In: Schleswig-Holstein on Sunday , December 6, 2010 (accessed on November 4, 2013).
|SURNAME||Krockow, Christian Graf von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German political scientist, historian and writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 26, 1927|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Rumbske ( Pomerania )|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 17, 2002|
|Place of death||Hamburg|