Arnd Krüger (born July 1, 1944 in Mühlhausen / Thuringia ) is a German former track and field athlete , sports historian , professor and director of the sports science institute at the University of Göttingen .
Krüger started as a middle distance runner until 1967 (with interruption of the starts for UCLA // UCLA Bruins ) for CSV 1910 Krefeld , then changed his starting right to Bayer Leverkusen , joined ASC Darmstadt from 1972 to 1974 and left his career at OSC Berlin and the TSV Waake to end. In Krefeld he invented the Martins cross-country run , which was held for the 46th time in 2017. In 2018 he was awarded by the CSV 1910 Marathon Krefeld for 60 years of membership. He still holds eleven club records. Krüger was German runner-up in the 800-meter run in 1963, and in 1968 and 1969 he was runner-up over 1500 meters . In the hall he was German champion over 800 meters in 1966 and 1969. Between 1962 (German youth champion over 800 meters) and 1976 he was ten times German champion and three times German university champion (1964, 1969) and participant in the student world championships of the Fédération Internationale du Sport Universitaire in 1965. In 1965 he was All-American of the Amateur Athletic Union with the UCLA Distance Medley Relay that beat the world record . Krüger was used eleven times in the national jersey. At the Olympic Games in 1968 , he was eliminated over 1500 meters in the intermediate run. He set his best performance over 800 meters in 1966 with 1: 47.7 minutes, in 1973 with 2: 20.5 minutes over 1000 meters, over 1500 meters he achieved 3: 38.8 minutes in 1968 and 1972, 8: 09.2 minutes in 1972 3000 m, 1973 over 5000 m 14: 06.2 min. As a trainer, he worked on behalf of the federal government with athletes from Colombia and Bolivia, which he led to a total of ten national records (including Víctor Mora ).
After graduating from high school at Moltkeplatz in Krefeld, Krüger studied history, English, philosophy and sports at the University of Mainz , the University of California, Los Angeles , where he received his bachelor's degree in 1967 (major: English). In the winter semester 1967/68 he learned and trained in Mexico City, before he graduated from the University of Cologne continued where he finally in 1971 Erich Angermann in Modern History and Middle doctorate . Krüger pursued a dual career . In Cologne he was a student assistant with Ulrich Jonath and with Tomasz Lempart . This was followed by a position as a consultant at the Federal Committee for Competitive Sport of the German Sports Association (parallel to this, lecturer at the TH Darmstadt ). His tasks here included editing the magazine competitive sports and the coaching library. From 1974 to 1978 as a scientific assistant to Horst Käsler and Rolf Andresen at the University of Education in Berlin at the seminar for physical education (parallel to this, lecturer at the Cologne Trainer Academy ). From 1978 to 1982 he was also the honorary chairman of the Forum for Sports History in Berlin.
From 1978 to 1980 he was a professor in the training and movement department at the Institute for Sports Science at the University of Hamburg under Walter Schröder . Since 1980 he has been professor of sports science at the Georg-August University in Göttingen , head of the Society and Training department. He has been elected dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences several times. In 1985 he founded a sports kindergarten in his work area , which still exists today. In 1995 he was the founding president of the European Committee for Sports History . He has been an International Fellow of the National Academy of Kinesiology since 1990 , a member of the Executive Committee of the Fédération internationale d'éducation physique from 1995 to 2012, a Fellow of the European Committee for Sports History since 1996, a Fellow of the Willibald Gebhardt Institute for Sport and Society since 2009 and 1981 Founding member and from 2000 to 2018 chairman of the Lower Saxony Institute for Sports History . Since 2008 he has been the editor-in-chief (since 2018 Honorary Editor ) of European Studies in Sports History. Since 1990 he has published a Trainers Digest in the magazine “ Leistungssport” (magazine) , in which current foreign-language research results are briefly summarized and assessed in German. Since the beginning of his university teaching career, Krüger has been a supporter of young sports scientists. More than 60 doctorates and habilitations supervised by him testify to this. He is the author / editor of a wide variety of academic papers and more than 50 books and publications published in 15 languages. The WorldCat has 221 works by / about him. He was visiting professor in Japan and Mexico.
In 2007, according to the British Journal of Sports Medicine , he spoke out against doping controls during training, since the exemplary effect of competitive sport would be turned into its opposite by the police state (doping) controls, without them having the claimed effect and also by the measures in top-class sport Large numbers of people in popular sport took dangerous measures.
Krüger attracted particular attention with a lecture at the 2008 annual conference of the German Association for Sports Science (DVS), in which he dealt with the hostage-taking of Munich during the 1972 Summer Olympics . He found that the Israeli athletes were informed of the danger, which was confirmed by Der Spiegel four years later . Kruger methodological flaws were accused, but also that his representation of sedition limit. In the meantime, Krüger had distanced himself from his theses and apologized. Since he had taken over the figures from the more recent Israeli dissertation, the University of Göttingen assessed this as common scientific practice. An exclusion procedure was initiated at DVS, but only one sharp reprimand was issued because of his previous achievements. However, after hearing witnesses, the responsible ombudsman of the Georg August University of Göttingen , chaired by a law professor who was qualified as a judge, determined that there had been “no scientific misconduct”. In 2009 he was honored by an international commemorative publication. In 2012 he and a team from the University of Göttingen received the Human Resources Award for innovative company health management from the German Association for Health Sports and Sports Therapy . In 2016 he received the Bernhard Zimmermann Medal for his services to sports history.
- Arnd Krüger: The Olympic Games in 1936 and world opinion: their importance in foreign policy with special consideration of the USA . Berlin: Bartels & Wernitz, 1972 (= Sports Science Works , Vol. 7), ISBN 3-87039-925-2 .
- Arnd Krüger: Theodor Lewald: Sports guide in the Third Reich. Berlin: Bartels & Wernitz, 1975 (= gymnastics and sports guide in the Third Reich , Vol. 3), ISBN 3-87039-954-6 .
- Arnd Krüger: Sport and Politics. From gymnastics father Jahn to state amateur. Hanover: Torch bearer, 1975, ISBN 3-7716-2087-2 .
- Arnd Krüger, Helmut Oberdieck : A little guide to athletics injuries . Berlin: Bartels & Wernitz, 1975, ISBN 3-87039-955-4 .
- Arnd Krüger (Ed.): Selected sources for studying modern German sports history. (= Contributions to the theory of physical exercise and sport , vol. 15). Berlin: PH Berlin, 1976.
- Arnd Krüger, Helmut Oberdieck : Guide to Track and Field Injuries . Los Altos, Calif .: Tafnews, 1978.
- Louis Burgener, Arnd Krüger, Gerry Redmond, René Meunier, Jörg Schiebel: Sports and Politics. A selected bibliography. Sport et politique: Bibliography choisie. Paris: Unesco Press et la Baconière, 1978 (= Culture 4 (2)).
- Arnd Krüger, Dieter Niedlich (Hrsg.): Causes of the misery in school sports in Germany: Festschrift for Professor Konrad Paschen . London: Arena Publ., 1979, ISBN 0-902175-37-8 .
- Bruce C. Ogilvie , Thomas A Tutko, Arnd Krüger (translator): On dealing with problem athletes. (= Trainer information , vol. 14). Magglingen: ETS 1980 (3rd edition 1983).
- Arnd Krüger: The job description of the trainer in sport: international comparative study and perspectives of trainer training and further education in the Federal Republic of Germany. (= Series of publications by the Federal Institute for Sport Science , Vol. 30). Schorndorf: Hofmann, 1975, ISBN 3-7780-7311-7 .
- Arnd Krüger: Sport and Society. Berlin: Tischler 1981, ISBN 3-922654-06-1 .
- Arnd Krüger: The athlete's reaction time: contributions to training science (= supplements to competitive sport, vol. 31). Berlin: Bartels & Wernitz, 1982.
- Dieter Niedlich , Arnd Krüger: 200 new basketball drills. (= Series of publications on the practice of physical education and sport , vol. 157), Schorndorf: Hofmann, 1982, ISBN 3-7780-9571-4 .
- Arnd Krüger (Ed.): The development of gymnastics and sports clubs. (= Yearbook of the Forum for Sports History ). Berlin: Forum for Sports History, 1984, ISBN 3-924755-00-0 .
- Arnd Krüger, John McClelland (ed.): The beginnings of modern sport in the Renaissance (= contributions and sources on sport and society , Volume 2). Arena Publ., London, 1984, ISBN 0-902175-45-9 .
- Arnd Krüger (Ed.): Scientific contributions to ice hockey . Frankfurt / M .: German Sports Association, 1985.
- Arnd Krüger, Dieter Niedlich (ed.): 100 ball game skill tests. (= Series of publications on the practice of physical education and sport , vol. 181). Schorndorf: Hofmann, 1985, ISBN 3-7780-9811-X .
- Arnd Krüger, James Riordan (ed.): The international workers 'sport: the key to workers' sport in 10 countries. (= Sport, Work, Society , Vol. 23), Cologne: Pahl-Rugenstein, 1985, ISBN 3-7609-0933-7 .
- Wolfgang Buss , Arnd Krüger (Hrsg.): Sports history: maintaining tradition and changing values: Festschrift for the 75th birthday of Prof. Dr. Wilhelm Henze . (= Series of publications by the Lower Saxony Institute for Sports History Hoya eV , Vol. 2). Duderstadt: Mecke, 1985, ISBN 3-923453-03-5 .
- Arnd Krüger (Hrsg.): Physical exercises in Europe I. The European Community. (= Contributions and sources on sport and society , vol. 1). London: Arena Publ., 1985, ISBN 0-902175-42-4 .
- Arnd Krüger, Helmut Oberdieck , Manfred Sturm (eds.): Advice for athletics injuries. Berlin: Tischler, 1986, ISBN 3-922654-15-0 .
- Arnd Krüger (Ed.): Contributions to Lower Saxony's sports history: the Dr. Bernhard Zimmermann Prize 1984 (= series of publications by the Lower Saxony Institute for Sports History Hoya eV, Vol. 4). Duderstadt: Mecke, 1986, ISBN 3-923453-05-1 .
- Arnd Krüger, James Riordan , Takuro Ueno (eds.): The international workers 'sport: the key to workers' sport in 10 countries. (Japanese 論 集 国際 労 働 者 ス ポ ー ツ). Tokyo: Minshusha, 1988, JPNO: 89016897.
- Arnd Krüger: The American sport between isolationism and internationalism (I). from: competitive sport 1/88, January 15, 1988 (pp. 43–47) as well as American sport between isolationism and internationalism (II). from: competitive sport 2/88, March 15, 1988 (pp. 47–50). . Retrieved February 26, 2020.
- John Marshall Carter , Arnd Krüger (Eds.): Ritual and record: sports records and quantification in pre-modern societies. (= Contributions to the study of world history, Vol. 17). Westport, Conn .: Greenwood, 1990, ISBN 0-313-25699-3 .
- Arnd Krüger, Pierangela Badia Mazzeschi (eds.): Educazione fisica in Europa I: la comunità Europea. L'Aquila: Tazzi, 1990.
- John Milton Hoberman , Arnd Krüger (Guest Editors): Journal of Sport History . 17 (1990), 2 (= Special Issue. German Sport History ), .
- Arnd Krüger, Lothar Wieser, Ingela Bartsch: Information facilities in sport. Information centers in the field of sport in the Federal Republic of Germany (= Federal Institute for Sport Science , 1/91). Cologne: Strauss, 1991, ISBN 3-89001-151-9 .
- Arnd Krüger, Hans Langenfeld (Hrsg.): Sport in Hanover - from the city's foundation to today . Göttingen: Die Werkstatt, 1991, ISBN 3-923478-56-9 .
- Arnd Krüger, Swantje Scharenberg (ed.): How the media prepare sport. Selected aspects of sports journalism . (= Articles and sources on sport and society, Vol. 5). Berlin: Tischler, 1993, ISBN 3-922654-35-5 .
- Arnd Krüger, Kristina Damm-Volk (ed.): Sports sponsoring. Theory - Practice - Case Studies. Berlin: Tischler, 1994, ISBN 3-922654-38-X .
- Arnd Krüger, Bernd Wedemeyer (Hrsg.): Strength body - physical strength. To understand physical culture and fitness yesterday and today. Booklet accompanying the exhibition in the entrance hall of the new university library. 3.7. – 31.7.1995 (= Göttingen library publications , vol. 8). Göttingen: Universitätsdruckerei, 1995, ISBN 3-930457-06-7 .
- Axel Dreyer , Arnd Krüger (Hrsg.): Sports tourism: Management and marketing handbook . Munich: Oldenbourg, 1995, ISBN 3-486-23099-9 .
- Arnd Krüger, Susanne Gebauer: Information facilities in sport. A survey in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. (= Federal Institute for Sport Science , 6/95). Cologne: Strauss, 1995, ISBN 3-89001-185-3 .
- Arnd Krüger, James Riordan (Ed.): The Story of Worker Sport. Champaign, Ill .: Human Kinetics, 1996, ISBN 0-87322-874-X .
- Arnd Krüger, Angela Teja (ed.): La Comune Eredità dello Sport in Europe. Atti del 1º Seminario Europeo di Storia dello Sport. Rome: Scuola dello Sport - CONI, 1997.
- Else Trangbæk , Arnd Krüger (Eds.): Gender and Sport from European Perspectives. Copenhagen: University of Copenhagen, 1999, ISBN 87-89361-67-9 .
- Arnd Krüger, Else Trangbæk (Eds.): The History of Physical Education and Sport from European Perspectives . Copenhagen: University of Copenhagen, 1999, ISBN 87-89361-69-5 .
- James Riordan , Arnd Krüger (Ed.): The International Politics of Sport in the 20th Century. London: Routledge, 1999, ISBN 0-419-21160-8 .
- Arnd Krüger, Bernd Wedemeyer (Hrsg.): Learn sports history from biographies. Festschrift for the 90th birthday of Prof. Dr. Wilhelm Henze (= series of publications by the Lower Saxony Institute for Sports History Hoya , vol. 14). Hoya: Lower Saxony Institute for Sports History Hoya, 2000, ISBN 3-932423-07-0 .
- Arnd Krüger, Angela Teja, Else Trangbæk (eds.): European perspectives on the history of sport, culture and tourism. (= Contributions and sources on sport and society , vol. 11). Berlin: Tischler, 2000, ISBN 3-922654-48-7 .
- Arnd Krüger, Angela Teja, Else Trangbæk (eds.): European perspectives on the history of sport, culture and politics. (= Articles and sources on sport and society, Vol. 12). Berlin: Tischler, 2001, ISBN 3-922654-49-5 .
- Arnd Krüger, Joachim K. Rühl (eds.): Learn from local sports history (= writings of the German Association for Sports Science, Vol. 119). Hamburg: Czwalina, 2001, ISBN 3-88020-383-0 .
- Wolfgang Buss , Arnd Krüger (Ed.): Transformations. Continuity and Change in Sport History - Transformations: Continuity and Change in Sport History. 2 volumes (= series of publications by the Lower Saxony Institute for Sports History Hoya , volumes 16 and 17) Hoya: Lower Saxony Institute for Sports History Hoya, 2002, ISBN 3-932423-11-9 ; 3-932423-12-7.
- James Riordan , Arnd Krüger (Ed.): European Cultures in Sport. Examining the Nations and the Regions. Bristol: Intellect, 2003, ISBN 1-84150-014-3 .
- Arnd Krüger, William Murray (Ed.): The Nazi Olympics. Sport, Politics and Appeasement in the 1930s. Champaign, IL: Univ. of Illinois Press, 2003, ISBN 0-252-02815-5 .
- James Riordan , Arnd Krüger, Thierry Terret (eds.): Histoire du sport en Europe . Paris: L'Harmattan, 2004, ISBN 2-7475-5881-9 .
- Arnd Krüger, Axel Dreyer (eds.): Sportmanagement. A topic-related introduction. Munich: Oldenbourg 2004, ISBN 3-486-20030-5 .
- Angela Teja, Arnd Krüger, James Riordan (eds.): Sport e Culture - Sport and Cultures. (= Atti del IX Congreso internazionale dell 'European Committee for Sport History (CESH). Crotone, Italia September 26-29, 2004). Calopezzati (CVS): Ed. di Convento, 2005, ISBN 88-7862-003-3 .
- Wolfgang Buss , Sven Güldenpfennig , Arnd Krüger (eds.): To re-establish the Olympic idea. Food for thought. (= Contributions and sources on sport and society , vol. 13). Wiesbaden: R. Stumm, 2006, ISBN 3-9808392-2-2 .
- Susan Bandy, Annette Hofmann, Arnd Krüger (Eds.): Gender, Body and Sport in Historical and Transnational Perspectives. Festschrift for Gigliola Gori. Hamburg: Dr. Kovac, 2007, ISBN 978-3-8300-3038-6 .
- Arnd Krüger, Bernd Wedemeyer (eds.): Forgotten, repressed, rejected. On the history of exclusion in sport. (= Series of publications by the Lower Saxony Institute for Sports History Hoya , Volume 21). Münster: Lit-Verlag, 2009, ISBN 978-3-643-10338-3 .
- Angela Teja, Arnd Krüger, Jean François Loudcher, Teresa Gonzalez Aja, Maria Mercedes Palandri (eds.): Corpo e senso del limite. Sport and a sense of the body's limits . Hanover: Lower Saxony Institute for Sports History, 2014, ISBN 978-3-932423-38-3 .
- Arnd Krüger, Swantje Scharenberg (ed.): Times for heroes - times for celebrities in sport. (= Series of publications by the Lower Saxony Institute for Sports History , Vol. 22). Münster: Lit, 2014, ISBN 978-3-643-12498-2 .
- Klaus Amrhein: Biographical manual on the history of German athletics 1898–2005 . DLP, Darmstadt 2005, (published on Deutsche Leichtathletik Promotion- und Projektgesellschaft , Volume 1, p. 653).
- Swantje Scharenberg , Bernd Wedemeyer-Kolwe (Ed.): Crossing borders: Rethinking sport. Festschrift for the 65th birthday of Prof. Dr. Arnd Krüger (= series of publications by the Lower Saxony Institute for Sports History , Volume 20), Lower Saxony Institute for Sports History Hoya, 2009, ISBN 978-3-932423-35-2 .
- Literature by and about Arnd Krüger in the catalog of the German National Library
- Arnd Krüger on the website of the University of Göttingen
- Arnd Krüger on the WorldCat website
- archive.org .
- Martinscross at the CSV Marathon rises on Sunday. In: rp-online.de , accessed on February 1, 2018.
- Club record list of the CSV Marathon Krefeld, on. on August 6, 2016 .
- http://content.cdlib.org/view?docId=hb4v19n9zb&chunk.id=div00062&&doc.view=entire_text .
- https://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendung/sportclub/Black-Power-Eine-Geste- geht-um-die-Welt,sportclub9702.html auf. 19th Oct 2018.
- Sports report of the Federal Government 1973. Bundestag printed paper 7/1040 of September 26, 1973, p. 46.
- Berlin bluff . In: Der Spiegel . No. 8 , 1973 ( online ).
- https://germanroadraces.de/?p=129081 auf. 15th September 2019.
- http://www.uni-goettingen.de/de/16121.html .
- https://www.iat.uni-leipzig.de/service/datenbanken auf. Nov 11, 2019.
- https://www.worldcat.org/search?qt=worldcat_org_all&q=Arnd+Kr%C3%BCger ; up Jan. 2, 2020.
- J. Savulescu, B. Foddy, M. Clayton: Why we should allow performance enhancing drugs in sport. In: British journal of sports medicine. Volume 38, number 6, December 2004, pp. 666-670, doi : 10.1136 / bjsm.2003.005249 , PMID 15562155 , PMC 1724991 (free full text) (review).
- Sports scientist for doping approval Professor Arnd Krüger from the University of Göttingen speaks in GEO WISSEN for an extensive approval of prohibited substances from presseportal.de April 16, 2007 .
- GEO WISSEN No. 39/2007 - Sport and Health geo.de 39/2007 .
- Arnd Krüger: Ethical issues in competitive sport using the example of doping. http://www.landeskirche-braunschweig.de/uploads/tx_mitdownload/2000_09_Krueger.pdf .
- Felix Bohr, Axel Frohn, Gunther Latsch, Conny Neumann, Klaus Wiegrefe : The announced catastrophe . In: Der Spiegel . No. 30 , 2012 ( online ).
- Confused thesis on the Olympic assassination attempt - not even the numbers are correct. In: sueddeutsche.de. May 17, 2010, accessed December 8, 2014 .
- by Hashiloni-Dolev, Yael: A life (un) worthy of living: reproductive genetics in Israel and Germany. Dordrecht: Springer 2007. ISBN 978-1-4020-5217-0 .
- Martin Wittmann: Scandal about a lecture by a sports historian. In: faz.net. July 4, 2008, accessed December 8, 2014 .
- University ombudsman commission: No scientific misconduct .
- https://idw-online.de/de/news509923 ; up January 31, 2018.
- http://www.wp12060650.server-he.de/index.php/veranstaltungen.html on . on August 6, 2016.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sports historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 1, 1944|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mühlhausen / Thuringia|