Christiane Dienel (born February 25, 1965 in Münster ) is a German professor and university manager. From 2006 to 2009 she was State Secretary in the Ministry of Health and Social Affairs of Saxony-Anhalt . She has been working at the nexus Institute Berlin since 2019 .
Life and work
After graduating from high school, Dienel studied history, German, Slavic and economics in Münster, Munich , Bordeaux and Paris from 1983 to 1993 and received his doctorate in 1993. phil. at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich with a dissertation on the topic: number of children and reasons of state. Contraception and population policy in Germany and France until 1918.
From 1989 to 1992 Christiane Dienel worked as a research assistant at the Institute for Modern History at LMU Munich. From 1991 to 2006 she worked freelance for the Gesellschaft für Familienforschung e. V. (GeFam) on European comparative, family policy issues. From 1993 she joined the SPD and then worked as a consultant for European affairs, initially in the State Chancellery and from 1996 in the Ministry of Justice and Federal and European Affairs of the State of Brandenburg .
From 1999 to 2006 Christiane Dienel was Professor of European Politics and Society at the Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences in Magdeburg . From 2004 to 2006 and from 2009 she worked in the scientific management of the nexus Institute for Cooperation Management and Interdisciplinary Research in Berlin. After the state elections in 2006 , a black-red coalition was formed in Saxony-Anhalt . Dienel was then appointed State Secretary in the Ministry of Health and Social Affairs led by Gerlinde Kuppe . Her recall was announced on September 28, 2009. Her successor was Beate Bröcker on October 5, 2009 .
In 2011 Christiane Dienel was appointed President of the HAWK University of Applied Sciences Hildesheim / Holzminden / Göttingen , based in Hildesheim. She held this office until 2016. From 2017 to 2018 she was Professor of Applied Social Sciences, in particular health policy, and Vice President of the German University for Health and Sport (DHGS) in Berlin-Lichtenberg. Dienel has been running the nexus Institute for Cooperation Management and Interdisciplinary Research GmbH in Berlin since 2019 .
Christiane Dienel is married to the technology historian Hans-Liudger Dienel . The couple has three children.
In August 2016, longstanding allegations against the HAWK became public that they had been offering an allegedly anti-Semitic and anti-Israel seminar for ten years . Dienel rejected the allegations as "completely unjustified" and referred to "quite influential circles" who wanted to prevent "different points of view" from having their say. She called herself a friend of Israel. Afterwards, at the invitation of Lower Saxony's Minister of Science Gabriele Heinen-Kljajić, a round of talks took place in which Christiane Dienel, Michael Fürst , chairman of the Jewish communities of Lower Saxony , and Yazid Shammout , chairman of the Palestinian community of Hanover, took part. It was unanimously agreed to commission an expert report from the Berlin Center for Research on Antisemitism . The HAWK deleted the controversial seminar “Social Situation of Young People in Palestine” from its range of lectures, the responsible dean Christa Paulini resigned at the end of September. At the beginning of November 2016, the Senate of the HAWK decided that it should withdraw its recommendation to the Lower Saxony Ministry of Science and Culture to appoint it as President for a second term. The report prepared by the Center for Research on Antisemitism found that the event already had conceptually decisive deficiencies, did not meet scientific standards and conveyed an extremely one-sided picture. The teaching materials used were rated as critical or hostile to Israel. Some texts would work with anti-Semitic stereotypes or question Israel's right to exist . In addition, there was no text-critical handling.
- from 2000 to 2006 member of the Academic Senate of the Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences
- since 2007 member and since 2016 chairwoman of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Elstal Theological University
- since 2013 member of the University Council of the University of Fulda
- since 2016 member and deputy chairwoman of the University Council of the University of Health in Bochum
- since 2011 member of the scientific advisory board of the nexus Institute for Cooperation Management and Interdisciplinary Research GmbH
- From 2013 to 2016 spokeswoman for the Lower Saxony universities of applied sciences and deputy chair of the state university conference
- since 2017 member of the board of the Baptist Congregation Berlin-Steglitz
- Redefining the relationship between the generations in the face of demographic change. The generation college and the political public . In: Blanckenburg, Christine von / Hans-Liudger Dienel (Hrsg.): Old and young in the craft. Training mentors and intergenerational responsibility as a success factor for professional practice . Stuttgart, Steiner Verlag, 2011.
- To go or stay? Emigration from East Germany and the change in the feeling of home since the fall of the Wall . In: Volkskunde in Sachsen , Volume 23/2011. Ed .: Institute for Saxon History and Folklore e. V. University Press, Dresden. Pp. 71-94.
- Vision Saxony-Anhalt 20-xx. Future prospects for sustainable government action . Friedrich Ebert Foundation 2005.
- Parents, children and gainful employment: the EU as an actor in family policy . In: Welfare State and Gender Relations in Transition. What comes after the breadwinner model? Yearbook for European and North American Studies . Ed .: Sigrid Leitner, Ilona Ostner and Margit Schratzenstaller . VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, Wiesbaden 2004. pp. 285–307.
- Gender-specific features of intra-German migration for Saxony-Anhalt (together with Antje Gerloff). In: Gender-Report Sachsen-Anhalt 2003. Data, facts and findings on the living situation of women and men . Oschersleben 2004. pp. 50–67.
- Family Policy in Germany . In: Electronic online manual on the subject of population (Ed .: Berlin Institute for World Population and Global Development . Online ). 2003.
- Women's careers in a European comparison . In :: Women make careers in science, business and politics. Use opportunities - overcome barriers (Ed .: Barbara Keller, Anina Mischau). Nomos-Verlag, Baden-Baden 2002. pp. 17-30.
- Family policy. A practice-oriented overall presentation of the fields of action and problems . Juventa Verlag, Weinheim 2002.
- The 20th century (I) . Women's movement, class justice and women's right to self-determination . In: Robert Jütte (ed.): History of abortion. From antiquity to the present . Munich 1993. pp. 140-168.
- Number of children and reason of state. Contraception and population policy in Germany and France up to 1918 (dissertation), Volume 10 in the series Theory and History of Civil Society . Westfälisches Dampfboot Verlag, Münster 1995. ISBN 978-3-929586-42-8 .
- Literature by and about Christiane Dienel in the catalog of the German National Library
- Biography on the homepage of My Campus-Berlin
- Biography on the homepage of the nexus Institute
- children and reasons of state. Contraception and population policy in Germany and France until 1918 . Volume 10 in the series Theory and History of Civil Society . Westfälisches Dampfboot Verlag, Münster 1995. ISBN 978-3-929586-42-8
- Homepage of the Nexus Institute ; accessed on November 13, 2009
- Declaration by the Ministry of Social Affairs on the recall of Christiane Dienel ( memento of October 1, 2009 in the Internet Archive ), September 28, 2009
- mz-web.de: New State Secretary in the Ministry of Social Affairs , October 6, 2009
- My Campus-Berlin.de: Prof. Dr. Christiane Dienel ; Accessed June 7, 2017
- Nexusinstitut.de: Professor Dr. Christiane Dienel ; accessed on October 21, 2019
- Alan Posener : When hating Israel becomes a learning goal at a university welt.de, on August 5, 2016, accessed on August 6, 2016
- New report for the Hildesheim Palestine Seminar , ndr.de, on August 9, 2016, archived from the original, accessed on August 12, 2016.
- HAWK cancels controversial seminar ndr.de, on August 5, 2016, archived from the original, on December 25, 2016.
- Accusation of anti-Semitism: HAWK Dean resigns , ndr.de, September 29, 2016, archived from the original
- Anti-Semitism dispute in Hildesheim: University president stops , Kreiszeitung.de, accessed on November 3, 2016
- "Extremely one-sided picture" , Jüdische Allgemeine, November 15, 2016
- Th-elstal.de: Advisory Board ; Accessed June 7, 2017
- Hs-fuklda.de ; Accessed June 7, 2017
- Hs-Gesundheit.de: Advisory Board ; Accessed June 7, 2017
- Nexusinstitut.de: Scientific Advisory Board ; Accessed June 7, 2017
- Baptisten-Steglitz.de ; Accessed June 7, 2017
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), State Secretary in Saxony-Anhalt|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 25, 1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Muenster|