The text of the song comes from Horst-Herbert Krause and Diether Krebs , the music from the former presenter of the WWF Club Jürgen Triebel . At the time, Krebs and Triebel both worked at the Bochum theater, like Grönemeyer . The creators were inspired by regular currywurst meals together at the Bochum Bratwursthaus in Bermuda3eck .
Grönemeyer himself states that he is not a great friend of the currywurst that has been sung about. He chose the song at the time because it came from his then producer Triebel, he found the text in the Ruhrpott dialect funny and because he had too little German-language material for his album anyway.
In 2008 Grönemeyer released the song again on his "best-of" double album Was muss muss sein .
The Sueddeutsche Zeitung that 'Herbert Grönemeyer could with the song, currywurst' a cornerstone of its image as Pott Bard put to touch. "The West German Allgemeine Zeitung described the piece as a" cult ". Jürgen Nielsen-Sikora described Grönemeyer as the most important “representative of the concrete utopia ” alongside Ernst Bloch because of his lecture on “Currywurst ”.
Step 3 , a textbook for German as a foreign language , devotes a separate section to the song and contains another publication of the title as a sound sample on an enclosed CD. Bernd Beuscher's textbook Advanced Course Religion also contains the text of the song.
- The official Swiss hit parade , accessed on September 24, 2012
- Jürgen Triebel on wdr.de ( Memento from July 10, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
- Klingendes NRW on bratwursthaus.com
- Happy birthday, Currywurst! on Abendzeitung.de
- Page no longer available , search in web archives: Excerpt from an interview with Herbert Grönemeyer, on ffh.de (MP3 file, 929 kB), link is no longer available
- Marten Rolff: 60 years of currywurst. Nonsense with sauce ( Memento of the original from August 17, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Süddeutsche Zeitung of August 13, 2009, accessed online on August 17, 2009
- WAZ Bochum, July 22, 2003, quoted from Currywurst ( Memento of the original from April 24, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. on dieechte.de
- Jürgen Nielsen-Sikora: Von Würsten - The concrete utopia on the skin on wovon-traeumen-wir.de
- Steps 3. By Silke Hilpert (2004), p. 29
- cf. P. 22